• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tioslash

Urgh, spending what could've been Steam monies on worthless things like running shoes. What's wrong with me?! Still awaiting Dragon Ball X later this month.

whats-wrong-with-you.gif

EDIT: Look like some nice running shoes though. :)

Anteater

Flashlight first until they "pop", then shoot.
Also, whatever you do, don't walk over the same trigger line, because everything will just respawn... again and again.
Basically, if you don't like the mechanic, don't bother with the game and just watch a LP of it, because that's all there fucking is to it.

hmm i couldn't tell when they "pop", they just follow the same animations, so I keep shooting them 5-7 times to the head and what not, but i''ll figure it out.

Kanokare

whats-wrong-with-you.gif

EDIT: Look like some nice running shoes though. :)

Feels goooood. Always get your foot checked if you don't know what kind of shoes you need :D Hearing someone tell me that helped me so much.

Nike? I hate Nike, Adidas FTW! :D

I gots no hate for Adidas. Love them myself. Also had a nice Adidas shirt I used for running last year but I lost it at da beech :(

ladies, ladies ... please ... enough with the shoe talk ;)

You're just jealous of my shoes collection! Gaben should release Steam shoes though. Maybe an incentive for running each mile in them can provide Steam funds or cards. It'll be like BitCoin mining!

Alavard

Anyone else played much Democracy 3? I finally got around to it after grabbing it during the winter sale, and am finding it a little too easy.

My first game, I had no clue what I was doing and got my self killed by religious extremists as the Prime Minister of Canada. But in my second game, playing as Germany this time, I've eradicated poverty and crime, maxxed out education, and have brought the country's credit rating up multiple levels to AAA. I've paid off over half the national debt in ~10 years, and won re-election twice (with ~80% of the vote the first time and ~90% of the vote the second time).

It's also possible Germany is just easier to play as or fits more in line with my noob strategies.

Grief.exe

should I buy dragon age inquisition? its tempting

Opinions are extremely mixed, from what I have been able to gather it depends on personal tastes.

If you enjoy the way modern AAA games have gone with over simplification and excessive streamlining, then you will enjoy Inquisition.

If you see these type of things as poor game design, then you will regret purchasing the game.

Deitus

Jawmuncher

*Jawmuncher Ramble Impression/Review Thing*

Just finished Dying light. Took me about 9 hours to do so and this was just from the story mode. I didn't even mess with Side Quests or playing coop. Have to say the game was quite the surprise. Grabbed it earlier from russia not expecting much and what I got would have easily been worth the 60 if I planned on doing everything the game has to offer. It's pretty much a mix of Dead Island and Mirrors Edge. However for those who didn't like Dead Island don't let that turn you off. The game here is very polished which was quite the surprise after how Dead Island launched. Gameplay is nice and fluid this time around with the melee and parkour elements fitting together nicely. I had a lot of fun just climbing stuff a lot of the time and I was never bothered by no fast travel (There is one but I didn't find it). Getting to each location was a lot of fun especially at night where more ferocious zombies appear and can chase you. The RPG stuff is a lot lighter here compared to Dead Island. You get points for Survival, Parkour, and Combat. Parkour and Combat you get just from using them in the game. So fighting levels Combat, Climbing levels parkour, and completing missions levels up survival. Leveling up allows you to select perks which add more gameplay elements. Such as blending in as a zombie, Sliding and breaking legs of zombies, and being able to craft more items just to name a few. Mentioning crafting much like dead island you want to search everywhere and grab whatever you see so that you can make items as you see fit. Only at the very beginning did I find this a problem. But by the second mission you get so much stuff you'll always have quite a lot of options. Plus with merchants around the city a lot of times you can buy what you are missing as well. As you progress through the game the stores will offer more such as guns, which you can find on enemies as well. Ammo is scarce enough but there are a few missions which let you use them the entire time which is a nice change up. Only thing was that Aiming down the sites is mapped to a button rather than the mouse so it's a bit iffy and you're better off using the crosshair personally. Since the human enemies aren't the most complex but the offer the challenge needed for the game. The story mode isn't anything that's going to change the gaming market but it's handled well and had me interested the entire way through. All in all for a genre that has so many games a year (Zombie/FPS) there's a lot here to like and a lot that keeps it very refreshing from the norm. I highly recommend it when it goes on sale. I more than likely see Dying Light being one of my top 10 favorite titles of 2015.

Miguel81

Man, Bloodborne is definitely tempting me, and I'd pick up Type-0 too if I had a PS4, but there just isn't anything else remotely on the horizon for that console that I'm particularly interested in. It's just hard to justify a $400 purchase for 2 games.

Where the Japanese games at Sony?

Yup, it's the main reason the current consoles aren't enticing me at all. If the PC keeps getting multi-platform love than this might be the first generation where I'm PC-only.

Momentary

Banned
Plenty of Japanese games headed to Steam. Even that Tales game sort of slipped through the cracks there. Only thing missing for me is some of dat Disgaea and Persona. Type-0 and Dissidia are 2 games I feel are going to make it to the PC side of things. BlazBlue and GGXrd will probably head over with their extend versions courtesy of H2 Interactive who did a damn fine job with BB:CSE.

As for Bloodborne? Oh well. I'm not buying a console for one game. Hell I wouldn't buy one for 10 exclusives. Just too much damn goodness going on with this open platform that it just doesn't appeal to me. More power to the Wii U, X1, Vita, DS and PS4 players on this side. There's a submicroscopic portion of me that's envious.

Momentary

Banned
Console gaming is dead in Japan.

I frequent Japanese gaming sites and I see a lot of NVIDIA paired game advertisements on websites along with mostly PC and Android/iOS oriented games being pushed there. It's on its way out of the door. The 2 Big Square Enix releases that are getting hyped up are for Vermilion (MOBA) and School of Ragnarok... and that new FFXIV expansion.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Just finished Dying light. Took me about 9 hours to do so and this was just from the story mode. I didn't even mess with Side Quests or playing coop. Have to say the game was quite the surprise. Grabbed it earlier from russia not expecting much and what I got would have easily been worth the 60 if I planned on doing everything the game has to offer. It's pretty much a mix of Dead Island and Mirrors Edge. However for those who didn't like Dead Island don't let that turn you off. The game here is very polished which was quite the surprise after how Dead Island launched. Gameplay is nice and fluid this time around with the melee and parkour elements fitting together nicely. I had a lot of fun just climbing stuff a lot of the time and I was never bothered by no fast travel (There is one but I didn't find it). Getting to each location was a lot of fun especially at night where more ferocious zombies appear and can chase you. The RPG stuff is a lot lighter here compared to Dead Island. You get points for Survival, Parkour, and Combat. Parkour and Combat you get just from using them in the game. So fighting levels Combat, Climbing levels parkour, and completing missions levels up survival. Leveling up allows you to select perks which add more gameplay elements. Such as blending in as a zombie, Sliding and breaking legs of zombies, and being able to craft more items just to name a few. Mentioning crafting much like dead island you want to search everywhere and grab whatever you see so that you can make items as you see fit. Only at the very beginning did I find this a problem. But by the second mission you get so much stuff you'll always have quite a lot of options. Plus with merchants around the city a lot of times you can buy what you are missing as well. As you progress through the game the stores will offer more such as guns, which you can find on enemies as well. Ammo is scarce enough but there are a few missions which let you use them the entire time which is a nice change up. Only thing was that Aiming down the sites is mapped to a button rather than the mouse so it's a bit iffy and you're better off using the crosshair personally. Since the human enemies aren't the most complex but the offer the challenge needed for the game. The story mode isn't anything that's going to change the gaming market but it's handled well and had me interested the entire way through. All in all for a genre that has so many games a year (Zombie/FPS) there's a lot here to like and a lot that keeps it very refreshing from the norm. I highly recommend it when it goes on sale. I more than likely see Dying Light being one of my top 10 favorite titles of 2015.

The game seems awesome, I played through the first hour last night. (Thanks again Phawx!) My only problem was that the game started making me motion sick. :( Which is weird, because that almost never happens with video games (unlike my wife, who suffers from this during almost any first person game). I'll have to try to mess with the FOV settings or something and see what happens.

It's worth noting that the story seemed like it was almost directly lifted from this mobile "game".

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Bayonetta, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 ULTIMATE MATCH FINAL EDITION -- MB-1335CD0B29B26EB9 - Taken by Ozium. 16 entrants total.

t1425778933z1.png

ms5.gif

Kiru

rihOrCA.png

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
getting Mario&Luigi vibes from South Park Stick of Truth. This is obviously a good thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom