• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Well, I completed Pier Solar. Final fight took me something like 2 hours because it's VERY bad designed. :l
If someone here wants to play it, wait for the Director's Cut the developer is doing.

A DC? I hope they change a lot. I played the demo a few days ago and the controls were very annoying (no diagonal walking, characters don't stop when hitting a wall), too many random battles which take too long while the battle system is boring, imo unappealing art style and a weird perspective which obscures where you can walk and so on. Went off my wishlist after that.

Someone gift me Hotline Miami 1 since I cant buy for 14 days from Steam :(

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1719-hotline-miami

Bigby

That newly aquired games appear there is a feature and intended afair. I should have made that clear when I quoted you, what they fixed is the f2p or free weekend games showing up.

Well, I'd prefer that jumplist would show only installed games, not recently removed and purchased.

Let me just give prospective buyers of the Shadow of Mordor Season Pass some advice:

Skip it.

I finished The Bright Lord last night and I have to say it was really, really disappointing. Both story DLCs were bottom-tier DLC -- tons of back and forth, cut-and-paste quests, pacing issues, blatant playtime stretching etc.

Essentially, it always felt like I was playing cut content -- content that was supposed to be in the main game, but never quite got polished enough to be included. Normally, this kind of content can be fine (see the original Dark Souls DLC) but this DLC never stopped feeling incomplete and unpolished. It felt like a ton of possibly good ideas thrown into a hat and jumbled together -- there was very little cohesiveness (which, after the main game, was a bit surprising).

Note: I got the game + season pass for around $30, so for the sake of argument I'm going to say that the Season Pass cost me about $7.50 (as that was roughly the price difference at the time). It absolutely is not worth anything more than a few dollars, in my opinion, and if you end up playing it you'd best prepare for a slog.

dex3108

Be glad this is after a couple hundred got joined together a few times =p

Windows needs better update system. I don't know why there is no option to enter your serial code on MS web page and download ISO with latest updates.

P.S. 8,973M concurrent users on Steam. So close.

Basically, he won't have to pay for another Valve game again, but joke's on him because Valve no longer makes games! :p
Only Valve games? Oh, well. He will still be able to play the new Portal, L4D3 and HL3 for free at least. Not really many games on the horizon from Valve which will not be F2P. I sometimes even feel as the aforementioned will be somehow F2P :/
It seems that Sunset Overdrive may come to Steam, now that they announced that the last DLC will be out 1st of April.

c07c99ea519938d6cde50d825b8c6b63.png

Source: http://www.instant-gaming.com/en/608-buy-key-steam-sunset-overdrive/
Would be very nice of SS to come on Steam. Although with Win10 store coming I fear Xbox exclusives to be prime candidates for Win10 store exclusivity.

MUnited83

For you.
Only Valve games? Oh, well. He will still be able to play the new Portal, L4D3 and HL3 for free at least. Not really many games on the horizon from Valve which will not be F2P. I sometimes even feel as the aforementioned will be somehow F2P :/

Would be very nice of SS to come on Steam. Although with Win10 store coming I fear Xbox exclusives to be prime candidates for Win10 store exclusivity.

Wouldn't make much sense. Sunset is not a Microsoft game so it could easily be put on Steam.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I just found a crowdfunding service called "FundAnything", supposedly backed by Donald Trump.

I checked their "Gaming" section. There have been 30 Gaming projects on the service.

A guy asking for money for Streaming - got $10
Virtual Ant Colony - got $10 (asked for $350,000)
Some sort of competitive gaming team or organization - got $10
"I need some Sony Golds [headphones]" - got $10
Help me build a website to review games - got $10
"Bear vs Gorilla vs CEO vs Hippie card game" - got $10
A guy who wanted money to buy IAP gold for a game called Growtopia - got $11
"Starting budget for a small indie team" - "About 7000$ increases our working speed by 60% and complexivity of the scene by 500%." - got $15
A video game where you can, uh, beat up politicians because they didn't uphold their oath of office? Made by this website - got $15
Help me buy a friend and Xbox One - got $20
Help me open an arcade - got $20
Zooligans a card game - Met its goal!!!! of $24 with one contributor giving $24
Radar Control card game - got $35
Something called "Book of Leaves" where the guy was crowdfunding to afford a "file serve" and "the license to release a game" - got $35
"GamerPointsScore": a site where you, uh, use the site, and you get achievements, which will unlock discounts on ecommerce sites, because ... uhh ???? - got $40
A guy looking to make a game - got $45
A board game called aMAZE - got $60
An iOS trivia game called GuessThat - got $75
A guy who wants to make an MMO for every platform where there's an MMORPG, MMOFPS, sports games, and zombies games inside it and a social network and also the game is a 3d virtual version of every social network outside the game too - got $100
Help me open an arcade - got $125
Some sort of prize fund for a gaming team? - got $130
Help me buy a PS4 - got $145
Some sort of MMORPG - got $150
A game where you make zombies into not zombies by feeding them organic food it's a metaphor folks - got $205
An MRA YouTube channel - got $233
A deluxe chess board - got $325
A website where you put up the trailer for your indie film and people give you fake virtual money to show their support - got $720
"Grammar Girl's Peeve Wars" - a card game about grammar - got $28,025 from 568 contributors

In terms of ongoing projects:
Help me finish my arcade machine - So far has got $10
Help me make a war game - So far has got $10

Almost all of the projects had a single contributor. Only two projects got a double-digit number of contributors.

Here's the best part. The site's business model is that if you don't make your goal, they charge a 12% fee, but if you do make your goal, they charge an 8% fee. So most of these people actually got 12% less than what they raised. I'm just imagining a Paypal transfer for $8.75 to make your dreams come true.

Something tells me FundAnything is not going to be the next IndieGoGo, let alone Kickstarter.

MadGear

those are some cool looking icons

also how do u remove games from your list?

You mean from that context-menu? You cant, it will always keep track of the last games you have launched or purchased.
If you however want to "remove" games from your library you can do so by right click -> Set Category -> check "Hide this game in my library". Best applied to games such as Bad Rats, Alan Wake, ... .

It's fixed in the beta client.

Need to check the beta client then. I have added a couple of non-Steam games to my library and for some reason it was always showing one of those at the top of my list. However, because of this I also just played a round of Titanfall after a very long time so it would also make a nice feature :D

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I don't mind buying from the Windows store because Microsoft has given me no reason not to trust them and their designs for PC gaming.

zkylon

zkylewd
I just found a crowdfunding service called "FundAnything", supposedly backed by Donald Trump.

I checked their "Gaming" section. There have been 30 Gaming projects on the service.

craziness

Almost all of the projects had a single contributor. Only two projects got a double-digit number of contributors.

Here's the best part. The site's business model is that if you don't make your goal, they charge a 12% fee, but if you do make your goal, they charge an 8% fee. So most of these people actually got 12% less than what they raised. I'm just imagining a Paypal transfer for $8.75 to make your dreams come true.

Something tells me FundAnything is not going to be the next IndieGoGo, let alone Kickstarter.
wait they charge you a fee even if you don't make your goal? does kickstarter do that too?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
wait they charge you a fee even if you don't make your goal? does kickstarter do that too?

KS doesn't because you don't keep the money if you don't make your goal. Sites like IndieGoGo which allow you to keep the money when you don't make your goal will charge you a fee on the money you did manage to collect.

MUnited83

For you.

Of course not.

The fee here happens because the person that made the project gets the money regardless I'm assuming. On Kickstarter if you don't make your goal then no money will exchange hands.

zkylon

zkylewd
that would be awesome if gearbox was still a cool dev, but after furious 4 i don't know so much

brothers in arms is actually one of my favorite series, specially the first one, loved the little stories you could create through gameplay, of hard fought battles and unlucky shots and wonky ai, and i loved its art direction and obsession with historical accuracy

i didn't like the cutscene focus of the third one as much, but the story was pretty decent, even tho the animations aged pretty awfully

but yeah, after furious 4 and colonial marines i don't know anymore

KS doesn't because you don't keep the money if you don't make your goal. Sites like IndieGoGo which allow you to keep the money when you don't make your goal will charge you a fee on the money you did manage to collect.
oh i didn't know other sites did that

seems like maybe not the greatest idea?

Which Hexcells game should I play first?
first one, so just hexcells

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
A video game where you can, uh, beat up politicians because they didn't uphold their oath of office? Made by this website - got $15

Poked around and to be specific it's a paranoid right winger's blog. I particularly enjoyed the euphemisms for harming those that support healthcare reform.

Edit: The warning image on the front page is also pretty good and really frames the expectations of readers.

Dr Dogg

Windows needs better update system. I don't know why there is no option to enter your serial code on MS web page and download ISO with latest updates.

P.S. 8,973M concurrent users on Steam. So close.

Retail key or OEM key? If you have a VL key from a MSDN account you used to be able to grab upto date iso's easily. Since Microsoft axed the Digital River iso's you're out of luck with OEM keys but if you have a retail licence key you might be able to get an upto date and including SP1 iso from Microsoft Software Recovery.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery

zkylon

zkylewd
It's basically just digital begging once you allow that, but I suppose it's pretty much the only thing those sites can offer that KS doesn't.
that's a pretty nasty way to put it as different projects can require different approaches.

i mean i love kickstarter but i get the impression what peter molyneux was saying about it was true, specially when i see projects like the torment game promising things like 165% more quests or something like that

so for some things i feel like it might be more honest to say "we'll take whatever you give us" or whatever

i wish more devs did the massive chalice thing, and not do stretch goals whatsoever

Dr Dogg

How do you download Windows 7 isos these days?

I think other than what I mentioned you're pretty much out of luck. Microsoft shut down the cdn's they had on Digital River and removed them from their Azure storage last month so if you have a product key that is an OEM, System Integrator or Volume Licence type you better hope you still have a disc or iso if you want to reinstall. Retail keys are fine on their recovery site (well mostly). How they will verify Windows 7 owners when the free upgrades for 10 roll out is a bit of a mystery.

Grief.exe

You go to the microsoft product recovery site and hope your key actually works and isn't one that mysteriously "fails".

I think other than what I mentioned you're pretty much out of luck. Microsoft shut down the cdn's they had on Digital River and removed them from their Azure storage last month so if you have a product key that is an OEM, System Integrator or Volume Licence type you better hope you still have a disc or iso if you want to reinstall. Retail keys are fine on their recovery site (well mostly). How they will verify Windows 7 owners when the free upgrades for 10 roll out is a bit of a mystery.

Tried my laptop key, no good on that end

I'll eventually make you guys realize Zombie Army Trilogy is a really good, criminally underlooked game.

SlushyAmusingAmericancurl.gif

http://a.pomf.se/zbsyer.webm

(Webm from NIN90)

Looks like a perfect placeholder until Killing Floor 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom