• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

OMG reinstalling Windows on my Notebook is painful. Windows updates are killing me. Install/Download 4 updates, restart PC, install/download 3 updates, restart PC, install/download 180 updates, restart PC XD

And there was best error message "To install this update you need to install update for your Windows Update" XD

I think I've already asked this but... is Nuuvem still the cheapest place to buy The Evil Within Season Pass? Also, can't remember if it's region locked or not.

MUnited83

For you.

Bamco

Scrooge+McDuck.jpg

Grief.exe

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/159705/steam-top-10

Valve lists the following 10 games as the bestsellers on Steam last week:

1.Homeworld Remastered Collection
2.DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE
3.Grand Theft Auto V
4.H1Z1
5.Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
6.Total War: ATTILA
7.DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE
8.Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
9.Dying Light
10.Besiege

I was hoping to see Cities: Skylines on that list considering its been holding the top spot the last several days.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
That's last week, I think.

This week:

1 - DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE
2 - Grand Theft Auto V
3 - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
4 - Cities: Skylines
5 - H1Z1
6 - Five Nights at Freddy's 3
7 - Homeworld Remastered Collection
8 - Sid Meier's Civilization V: Complete Edition
9 - Besiege
10 - PAYDAY 2

that's better ... Cities: Skylines isn't high enough, though ... should be no. 1

Uraizen

Banned
No it hasn't, as far as cheating is concerned, you can't cheat a little, you get sucked in, one time you cheat to get bugged achievement, next time one you don't feel like grinding for and so on. It's a slippery path, and btw if you have an achievement known as bugged or unachievable, it's like declaring "I cheat". Nobody cares why you do that, after the fact, no? ;)

Oh God, it's true, I would wonder about it forever.

Get those One Piece games on Steam, Bamco.

Pretty sure the new one is, it's J Stars that's not coming to PC. That's how I remember it anyway.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Also whoever posted some time ago that Always Remember Me is extremely short and horrible, can't be trusted. I'm too lazy to search who that was tho (><)

It's not horrible, but it is mediocre. Fantastic art direction and music however.

No it hasn't, as far as cheating is concerned, you can't cheat a little, you get sucked in, one time you cheat to get bugged achievement, next time one you don't feel like grinding for and so on. It's a slippery path, and btw if you have an achievement known as bugged or unachievable, it's like declaring "I cheat". Nobody cares why you do that, after the fact, no? ;)

Heh, slippery slope. Did you get this from the same place the U.S government got it's theory on drug use? Most people who try them have a great, or terrible, time and have no addiction issues whatsoever. In fact, the VA was spared a medical crisis at the end of the Vietnam War due to this. The same applies to programs like SAM. I'm sure there will be a minority of users who abuse it beyond a reasonable amount, but I doubt the majority will.

Ah, I should have been more explicit. I meant achievements that are bugged for some but not others. Syder Arcade is the one I've run into. Most people can unlock the achievements for using certain ships, but alas it wasn't meant to be for me. (For anyone interested it was the Overseer, I haven't tried it so the game might be locked or whatever YMMV.) There are more than a few instances involving bigger AAA titles, where the dev's will patch in fixes, but not so for indie games it seems.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
OMG reinstalling Windows on my Notebook is painful. Windows updates are killing me. Install/Download 4 updates, restart PC, install/download 3 updates, restart PC, install/download 180 updates, restart PC XD

And there was best error message "To install this update you need to install update for your Windows Update" XD

Yeah, it's best to install from a "scene" ISO that includes updates up to a given month or, better still, restore a fresh installation from a cloned image of your drive (which requires remembering to make one once you've set everything up, haha).

dex3108

Yeah, it's best to install from a "scene" ISO that includes updates up to a given month or, better still, restore a fresh installation from a cloned image of your drive (which requires remembering to make one once you've set everything up, haha).

I never tried that, i always use my Recovery partition. Also i hate this whole thing with factory made partitions. I now can't make my own partitions because they will be formatted and deleted after i do reinstall. Stupid OEM shit.

Shantom

Took the non-F2P sales data from Ars' recent article, put it on Google Docs. Would appreciate editing in which games had Free Weekends and which were bundled - hopefully with links and bundled copies assessments.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13cY8SM9EH64Gy06ZhAsffDEowSaQlPukk-PakHviZ-Y/edit?usp=sharing

You might want to bump the thread in the main forum (or just create a new thread) just so it doesn't get buried in here.

There are a couple of other things you could note in the doc too, such as which games are/were early access, and what games had a Kickstarter (with backer numbers and average pledge amount).

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Windows 7?

fordward to the sky is pretty decent , the game doesnt feel too polished but is still fun , havent finished it yet but it looks like its really short too

MikeDown

Banned
Alright SteamGAF i have a problem, I recently uninstalled Planetside 2 yet under the recently played link it still displays as being the most recently played. I have reinstalled steam to no avail, any ideas?

Bigby

Alright SteamGAF i have a problem, I recently uninstalled Planetside 2 yet under the recently played link it still displays as being the most recently played. I have reinstalled steam to no avail, any ideas?

That's up to Valve to fix it, it even shows games I recently purchased but have not played...

Momentary

Banned
Is Tekken to steam possible now that Dragonball is selling well?

Yeah man. I don't see why not. Tekken WILL sell more than SFIV did... But I don't know if it will sell more than DoA5. There are a lot of people buying that game in the name of science you know.

Either way. I find it funny that Bamco had the balls to release this game without it being locked at 30fps. Pretty awesome. It's far superior to the console ports for some odd reason. Hopefully CC2 doesn't try to limit the new Naruto game because of this.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
That's up to Valve to fix it, it even shows games I recently purchased but have not played...

that's something they actually "fixed" recently .... like 2 weeks ago or so ... it even was mentioned in the changelog

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Final hours, final quote! After this, I'll be going dark on updates in the thread and mainly sticking to Twitter and the group page. Thank you to everyone who has voted so far <3

ibfazgwg1PSZmJ.png

W-wha? Check it out here!

In case you missed it, I've created a new Steam Group for us to use to discuss ideas, share favorite SteamGAF memories, and for me to communicate on progress. Feel free to stop by and chat, too! This will reduce thread clutter from a maddening amount of waifus to only a smattering. Major updates would still be posted in the thread, assuming there are any major updates to post. This post will be one of the last of the major updates for a while.

izaTrdnDP6PO.png

For a fun little extra bit of community involvement, we will be holding SteamGAF Academy Student Council elections! Every school needs that highest-ranking set of students who represent the student body as a whole (Not that kind of body, Milamber) and enact executive decisions when needed. This will give the thread a chance to help shape the future of the game. Major thanks to the resourceful Chariot for the suggestion!

What do I need to do? - Simple! Open up the ballot link and pencil in your choice. Note: Please only use names from this list of students. Any other votes will sadly be discarded. We will be accepting votes until 11PM EST on March 8th. All votes will be tallied after the ballot is closed, but results will not be made public until the game's release. Gotta keep some secrets, you know?

t1425873600z1.png

derExperte

I use the beta client and it still happens, I can see USFIV there.

"Fixed" indeed.

That newly aquired games appear there is a feature and intended afair. I should have made that clear when I quoted you, what they fixed is the f2p or free weekend games showing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom