• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

I think other than what I mentioned you're pretty much out of luck. Microsoft shut down the cdn's they had on Digital River and removed them from their Azure storage last month so if you have a product key that is an OEM, System Integrator or Volume Licence type you better hope you still have a disc or iso if you want to reinstall. Retail keys are fine on their recovery site (well mostly). How they will verify Windows 7 owners when the free upgrades for 10 roll out is a bit of a mystery.

I will call MS support tomorrow (at least i have one in my country so kudos to them) and i will ask :D Also CD KEy that is on back of my notebook doesn't match with my key that ProduKey reads from my OS. And CD Key on my notebook is a bit damaged so i can't read one number/letter.

Dr Dogg

I will call MS support tomorrow (at least i have one in my country so kudos to them) and i will ask :D Also CD KEy that is on back of my notebook doesn't match with my key that ProduKey reads from my OS. And CD Key on my notebook is a bit damaged so i can't read one number/letter.

Despite usually being past from pillar to post, I've had a pretty good experience in dealing with Microsoft's support over the years (even their Mumbai call centre).

Speaking of local support, the other day I only just realise I go past one of Nvidia's UK support centres almost every day. Might go pester them about Titan X deets :p

Dead Space isn't scary.
It telegraphs most of its 'scares' too.

"Surely that helpless dead Necromorph isn't going to jump up at me for the billionth time"

Welp, I got myself a living pokedex - all 719 pokemon (for now, until the events for the last two event legends) snug as a bug in my PC. Speaking of PC, I guess now that that's done I can go back to tackling my Steam backlog!

Deitus

How far into it are you? I haven't tried Dead Space, I hate horror games.

It depends on why you hate horror games. If you hate monsters jumping out at you constantly, then you will not like Dead Space. Because pretty much the entirety of the game is monster closets. It's not particularly scary, because the "scares" are the same thing over and over again, and as Turfster said, they completely telegraph all of them. It's still a fun game, because the combat is decent enough, but the only decent tension the series ever had was a brief period in the second game where there weren't any enemies.

So yeah, it's a decent action game and a crappy horror game. But if you hate jump scares, you probably won't enjoy the game.

zkylon

zkylewd
It depends on why you hate horror games. If you hate monsters jumping out at you constantly, then you will not like Dead Space. Because pretty much the entirety of the game is monster closets. It's not particularly scary, because the "scares" are the same thing over and over again, and as Turfster said, they completely telegraph all of them. It's still a fun game, because the combat is decent enough, but the only decent tension the series ever had was a brief period in the second game where there weren't any enemies.

So yeah, it's a decent action game and a crappy horror game. But if you hate jump scares, you probably won't enjoy the game.

there's not even that many jump scares

it's just a bloody/gory and dark action game

Anteater

Dead Space isn't scary.
It telegraphs most of its 'scares' too.

yeah, seems pretty fair so far

How far into it are you? I haven't tried Dead Space, I hate horror games.

I'm still early into the game but I'd say 2-3 hrs in, i'd say it's close to RE4 in terms of scares.

yea that's pretty true

there's a bit of tension in some scenes but it's not too bad

Yeah that's part of why I love it. More action than horror and they give you such lovely combat tools.

yeah it's really fun game so far!

Dr Dogg

Just popped in the DmC DE OT and that's also releasing 10th March. Next week is stacked!

Ya'll hatin-not-hatin' on Dead Space makes me sad.

Two of the best video games of all time.

I liked 3 :(

I hold the Dead Space series close to my heart. Also loved your piece on the series.

Also, also I'm getting fucking deja vu on this topic of conversation.

Sini

Games like Dead Space don't even have to be real horror games. Creepy noises from uncertain sources are enough to make me stop playing them.

Teeth

Played on a hard enough difficulty, Dead Space has some pretty good scares/tension.

I mean, you know that something is coming, but you don't know from where or what, and some things can kill you real quick. Which can be fairly scary, especially when ammo is low.

Also, at that point, the stomp is pretty useless except for getting some loot out things that already dead.

Mr. Doop

I just get spooked really easily. Horror games aren't really my thing.

zkylon

zkylewd
i really liked dead space 1, the industrial look of the ship and isaac's armor and the novelty of its ui and the whole severing mechanic thing, pretty great combination of cool stuff. i even watched the terrible movies since i thought the story was kinda decent

but dead space 2 felt too familiar to me, unlike the first game the space station/spaceship/whatever in 2 looked like a million other ships i had already seen before, lots of lights and neon signs and other space ship-y things, like a sci-fi rapture or something. you got to visit a scientologist church thing and a creepy elementary school and whatever, you get a machinegun and laser guns and whatnot with a very mecha-like suit which looked badass, but it's nothing like the crazy entrails of the crazy mining ship from the first game

also speaking of severing, i just cut my finger (small cut, not like a slice lol). outch haha

Played on a hard enough difficulty, Dead Space has some pretty good scares/tension.

I mean, you know that something is coming, but you don't know from where or what, and some things can kill you real quick. Which can be fairly scary, especially when ammo is low.

Also, at that point, the stomp is pretty useless except for getting some loot out things that already dead.
yeah like, you enter a room, blood on the floor, you see like 6 different fragile-looking vents, which one is it gonna be!?

I just get spooked really easily. Horror games aren't really my thing.
i'm like megacoward and i was fine with dead space

dead space is pretty chill

Teeth

Also, on the subject of whether Dead Space is scary or not, I agree 100% with what the Idle Thumbs guys had to say about it way back.

Worth a listen: http://youtu.be/AKc0S2XFyLc?t=1h5m48s

yeah like, you enter a room, blood on the floor, you see like 6 different fragile-looking vents, which one is it gonna be!?

Well, actually, yeah. Sometimes it's none of them. Sometimes the monster doesn't burst out until you're going to leave the room. Sometimes it's just a dead body. Sometimes it's a crawler and sometimes it's a tar zombie (which will murder you instantly). Out of those six vents, which one is it going to be is right; They won't start coming out until you hit a trigger volume and you can't monitor them all at once. Also, they have AI that makes them crawl back into vents and spawn behind you when you do certain things.

So yeah. Which vent is it going to be?

L.O.R.D

i pressed on this link
steam://install/92

and this happened

VC9xuMa.jpg

Kiru

i pressed on this link
steam://install/92

and this happened

VC9xuMa.jpg

Codename: Gordon, also known as Half-Life 2D, is a two-dimensional Flash sidescroller shooter game made by Paul "X-Tender" Kamma and Sönke "Warbeast" Seidel. The game was produced on behalf of Nuclear Vision, and was distributed free of charge over Valve Software's Steam online delivery system as a promotional title for the then-upcoming Half-Life 2. The game has since been removed from Steam's storefront due to factors related to the developer's bankruptcy.The game can, however, still be downloaded from Steam using a download link.
What I found.

Dr Dogg

If the call centres that call me are any indication, you should be either "Windows Computer" or "Air Duct Cleaning Services Company."

May as well call it The Royal Bank of Nigeria then with the slogan "everyone wins the lottery here". Normally the sales calls I get every day are about making a will or about my Payment Protection Insurance claim that I've never made on PPI I never took out!

zkylon

zkylewd
zkycom is hell bent on going backrupt by day 2

apparently bathrooms are important for work

AracnoPhonia
nightmare trigger sounds fitting

If the call centres that call me are any indication, you should be either "Windows Computer" or "Air Duct Cleaning Services Company."

non-boring ideas pls!

Waiting for the Nuuvem train to pull into the station and give me my key!
same here

L.O.R.D

just started Revelations 2
any one noticed some stuttering ?
i tried variable frame rate also i lowered the graphic sittings , same things
it appear the game use too much power , jut like RE Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom