• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

just started Revelations 2
any one noticed some stuttering ?
i tried variable frame rate also i lowered the graphic sittings , same things
it appear the game use too much power , jut like RE Remake

Yeah I get that under certain conditions despite it not fully utilising my GPU. Try locking the famerate to 60 and then step down in resolution until animation stutter is gone. Despite having a 2560x1440 monitor Rev 2 would fidget like crazy at that resolution so I knocked it down to 1920x1080 and hooked up another monitor and hey presto game ran fine (well apart from the online Raid mode bug I encountered).

Ozium

I added a key to Pluck to my librarby, recently added in groupees remute orgy, but the game doesnt have a store page yet and so it it doesn't even show up as a listing in my lbrary..

what happens now

L.O.R.D

Yeah I get that under certain conditions despite it not fully utilising my GPU. Try locking the famerate to 60 and then step down in resolution until animation stutter is gone. Despite having a 2560x1440 monitor Rev 2 would fidget like crazy at that resolution so I knocked it down to 1920x1080 and hooked up another monitor and hey presto game ran fine (well apart from the online Raid mode bug I encountered).

i tried 60 FPS , 30 FPS ,and variable ( which get me 80-90 FPS )
and the resolution is 1360x768

all same thing

MUnited83

For you.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/573261866/pier-solar-hd-an-rpg-for-xbox360-pc-mac-linux-and I was looking at this, but...what does this means? HD version is also Director's Cut ?

Director's cut! Pier Solar expands what was the biggest 16-bit RPG Ever! We released Pier Solar on a custom 64MEG cartridge (the average SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis game size is 12MEG), making it the biggest 16-bit RPG ever! This allowed us to push the 16-bit medium to a precedent setting level, with state-of-the-art aesthetics and things like full-screen cut scenes, background scaling and 3D modes. But Pier Solar HD is more than just a port, the game is getting a Director's cut, and includes an expanded story with new locations and challenges, that couldn't fit on its original Sega Genesis/Mega Drive release.

Kagemusha

Why do devs program games to run at 1,000 FPS? Lovely Planet almost melted my PC. I can understand older games not having a default frame liimit, but a new game? Lovely Planet was updated to have a frame limit option, but its OFF by default. WTH?

My first playthrough of Dead Space was tense as hell.
I had barely seen anything from the game so I wasn't expecting enemies to be so fast.
The first time you put your back to a wall to avoid attacks from behind only to learn the hard way that they attack through vents.
Then you avoid walls with vents but fail to notice that there's a vent in the ceiling right above you...
Then you enter a room with vents all over the place and you're like "Fuck..."
Awesome game, awesome sequel, very disappointing third game.
With 2 and Extraction I became really invested in the lore/story and DS3 ruined everything.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I realize I am a very versatile gamer, I liked all the Dead Space games for different reasons. Dead Space 1 had the best atmosphere, Dead Space 2 I found had the best pacing (I found the most fun), Dead Space Extraction had the best story, Dead Space 3 was a very fun co-op game.

I think the series is weird and gets some overdone praise/hate, for me I thought they were good to very good games, not personal favorites but definitely good games I'm happy I played. I do plan to revisit the series sometime soon.

zychi

Banned
I'll eventually make you guys realize Zombie Army Trilogy is a really good, criminally underlooked game.

SlushyAmusingAmericancurl.gif

http://a.pomf.se/zbsyer.webm

(Webm from NIN90)

It's just horde mode for Sniper Elite. It's not worth $45, but it seems like a fun expansion for $5

Dusk Golem

It's just horde mode for Sniper Elite. It's not worth $45, but it seems like a fun expansion for $5

It's a campaign game, and it plays quite differently to Sniper Elite despite shared mechanics and engine.

There is a horde mode added to the Trilogy which is new, but the stages are actually progressive levels where you overcome obstacles, and are well designed and varied, I might add. It sounds like you're just judging it on face value.

It's a campaign game, and it plays quite differently to Sniper Elite despite shared mechanics and engine.

There is a horde mode added to the Trilogy which is new, but the stages are actually progressive levels where you overcome obstacles, and are well designed and varied, I might add. It sounds like you're just judging it on face value.

The problem itself is that its made for coop.

I tried to finish the first level of the first game alone and it was nearly impossible to beat the boss alone.

Nabs

Why do devs program games to run at 1,000 FPS? Lovely Planet almost melted my PC. I can understand older games not having a default frame liimit, but a new game? Lovely Planet was updated to have a frame limit option, but its OFF by default. WTH?

I'm guessing it's an engine thing. I'm cool with how Lovely Planet handles it because it has a really good limiter. Other games like Super Combo Man just make you play it out at 600fps unless you're smart enough to run a limiter yourself. Screw that.

Dusk Golem

Had to post my quick thoughts via Steam review.

header.jpg

Criminally underlooked at the time of writing. Surprisingly atmospheric, backed with excellent and somewhat unnerving sound design, and a great John Carpenter-inspired soundtrack. Fog effects are well-handled, and the lighting can be impressive. All backed with an excellent 80s-grindhouse horror aesthetic that brings out colors and shadows almost like a Giallo horror film.

The game is enjoyably schlocky, with gore and dismemberment up the wazoo, and intensely satisfying gunplay, with snipers stealing the show with the well-done mechanics of the Sniper Elite games, but just as much satisfaction coming from the other firearms, and a variety of explosives and traps you can lay. But even with this, the game is challenging, with a large variety of enemies (ranging from your typical nazi zombie, Ray Harryhausen-esque skeletons, the ghost of nazi generals, fire-spewing demon incarnates, crazed-slasher chainsaw maniacs, and much more) that can be a challenge to take out and can manage to either overrun you or sneak up on you from behind. Zombies resurrect with satanic circles bringing them back to life until their brains are blown out or you dismember them beyond repair. The locations are vast and varied, both in layout and theme, ranging from streets of Berlin, underground war bunkers, demonic infested forests, high-speed trains, haunting church chapel catacombs, and much more.

It's co-op is a lot of fun, allowing strategy and different play-styles to mesh well, to find the perfect sniping spot to pick off zombies and compete against friends for the highest scoring or longest shot, to go lone-wolf and carry the most kills for your team, or to come together when plans go awry and struggle to survive by the skin of your teeth. But even with the co-op focus, the game is also an excellent experience single-player, the game allowing you to scale how many enemies there are (enemies for one player to four players, or if you're insane, 'Elite' number, which spawns those who third for stupidly large hordes and a challenge), among three different difficulty levels.

A lengthy meaty campaign with 15 stages (each being around an hour long), side-missions to do in the third episode, an addicting Horde Mode, all at a reasonable price tag. If you love co-op games or zombies, it'll be quite the undertaking to something find better than this. Dumb fun, but intelligent and challenging in surprising ways, it wears its inspirations on its sleeves, but through slick execution and presentation, matched with pulling it off in a way no one has quite done it before, manages to be one hell of a game.

Review on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/AestheticGamer/recommended/301640

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Had to post my quick thoughts via Steam review.

header.jpg

Review on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/AestheticGamer/recommended/301640

Gah, I fucking love zombies, fun shooting, and co-op.

A question though - did they remove all Nazi insignia from the entire game so they could have only one global package to maintain? Or is it still only censored in Germany? Since they removed "Nazi" from the title of the Trilogy, I was a little confused by some of the pre-release buzz.

Dusk Golem

Gah, I fucking love zombies, fun shooting, and co-op.

A question though - did they remove all Nazi insignia from the entire game so they could have only one global package to maintain? Or is it still only censored in Germany? Since they removed "Nazi" from the title of the Trilogy, I was a little confused by some of the pre-release buzz.

Only censored for the German version, game is full of Nazi and Demonic imagery elsewhere. However, they made it so even the German version can play with people worldwide.

My solid belief for the title change is because they want to turn it into its own franchise. They say they want to make future installments to the Zombie Army IP, but in the third game you fight zombie Hitler, so where could you really go from there Nazi-wise? So I think they changed the name because probably the next game in the series won't be Nazi-themed at all. Least, my theory.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Only censored for the German version, game is full of Nazi and Demonic imagery elsewhere. However, they made it so even the German version can play with people worldwide.

My solid belief for the title change is because they want to turn it into its own franchise. They say they want to make future installments to the Zombie Army IP, but in the third game you fight zombie Hitler, so where could you really go from there Nazi-wise? So I think they changed the name because probably the next game in the series won't be Nazi-themed at all. Least, my theory.

Communist Zombie Army confirmed ;)

NIN90

The problem itself is that its made for coop.

I tried to finish the first level of the first game alone and it was nearly impossible to beat the boss alone.

Nonsense. The game fully scales to any number of players. There's even an option to manually increase or decrease enemy spawns.
I've been playing through the whole game solo.

Terra_Ex

Finally finished Alien:Isolation today, really enjoyed it - nailed that feeling of tension and terror I had way back when I played Alien Trilogy on the PS1 and I liked the way the Alien's AI worked - throwing noisemakers at other survivors in particular made for some amusing consequences. Much longer than I expected and the game probably overstayed its welcome just a little bit towards the end I think, but a excellent game nonetheless. Now I can reclaim that 20GB of space for something else.

Nzyme32

Gonna be away for a long time SteamGAF. Don't get into too much trouble and good luck with anything and everything y'all get yourselves into.

Adieu

Oh man. Waiting in front of the two Dragonrider bosses fog wall at the castle summon help but no signs showing even after 10 minutes of wait.

Got bored waiting and put my own sign down and was immediately summoned and beat the bosses there.

Went back home. Still no signs showing for me.

:/

Gonna go menu and load back. Maybe that will prompt the game to search for other people signs.

Gonna be away for a long time SteamGAF. Don't get into too much trouble and good luck with anything and everything y'all get yourselves into.

Adieu

just so everyone knows, Nzyme is leaving cause I challenged him to a fight and the rules were if I beat him he shall be exiled until he is worthy of challenging me again.

This is a true story.

that I made up.

I would beat him in a fight tho
probably

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom