• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Instead of a twenty, he should've just dropped a small bag of these:

tumblr_msv5s9H3P11sco0keo1_500.jpg

I'm having a hell of a great time with Dark Souls with my Warrior class. I love reading the messages that provide hints and control tips.

There was a hint to warn me of a trap and I fell victim to the trap like a fool. :p

Not sure where I'm at but it's the part that warns me of a tough enemy ahead. I tried to take on this other armoured man who was guarding the item that raises defense but he is so tough, so I just ran away after stealing that item - that was really tense!

This game is so tense! I've died many times.

I'm not saying that someone that pirated the game is never going to fess up or even pay. Hell, pirates fess up all the time due to thinking they either are in the right or the devs are pro-piracy.

I'm just saying the way in which they went about it is suspect.

I'd like to think it's real, but then again, it was dropped off by someone that admitted to pirating the game and then just walked away instead of talking to them.

I doubt that people who usually pirate games also buy counterfeit money.

Hell, pirates fess up all the time due to thinking they either are in the right or the devs are pro-piracy.

I think pirates pirate, because they are "used" to that. I mean if you are 12/13 years old it is easy to download a game without paying for it nowadays. So they "grow" up with piracy and dont necessarily think its bad.
And I think especially nowadays there are also other reasons beside "I dont want to pay for this game" that make people pirate games (DLC, Season-Pass shenanigans etc.).

Parsnip

Steam basically cured me of piracy. I used to have binders full of burned dvd's of games of less than legit origins, but those days are long gone.
The amusing part is that I didn't play most of those games either, pirated out of habit more than anything else.
That's what being a poor student with blazing fast internet does to you (or rather, me).

I'm having a hell of a great time with Dark Souls with my Warrior class. I love reading the messages that provide hints and control tips.

There was a hint to warn me of a trap and I fell victim to the trap like a fool. :p

Not sure where I'm at but it's the part that warns me of a tough enemy ahead. I tried to take on this other armoured man who was guarding the item that raises defense but he is so tough, so I just ran away after stealing that item - that was really tense!

The thrill of playing Dark Souls for the first time, I wish I could experience it again.

Sch1sm

Nothing dies like Dark Souls. That game probably gave me high blood pressure for the entire 200hrs I spent on it. Still a favourite.

Awesome! Really happy you're having fun with it. It truly is unique amd once you cleared an are and think you have it all figured out, the next area will throw new enemies, tactics and dangers at you which you never saw before.

A great, great game.

Uh, that's the definition of "I don't want to pay".

What I mean is there are more reasons nowadays as to why people dont want to pay than before.
Though I dont really know why anyone would want to pirate Shovel Knight.

Besides piracy on GAF, beside Games, is also quite big. Look at the HBO-series threads , Anime-threads etc.

The thrill of playing Dark Souls for the first time, I wish I could experience it again.

You must have played it to death! After I finish it, I'll try playing as another class.

Nothing dies like Dark Souls. That game probably gave me high blood pressure for the entire 200hrs I spent on it. Still a favourite.

Yeah it's so nerve-wracking. I love how it doesn't bore you with an uncreative tutorial.

I forgot the word for it, but I love it when I pull off that attack after a well-timed parry. But some attack patterns are tricky.

Kanokare

So I've always thought that Family Share works like you have only one 'console'. So if my friend was playing Bastion from my account and I started ANY game, it would boot him off in 5 minutes. Apparently it only boots him if I decide to play Bastion too.

So I've always thought that Family Share works like you have only one 'console'. So if my friend was playing Bastion from my account and I started ANY game, it would boot him off in 5 minutes. Apparently it only boots him if I decide to play Bastion too.

Actually that shouldnt be the case. They are usually booted if you start any game.

Maybe its a bug?

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
What I mean is there are more reasons nowadays as to why people dont want to pay than before.
Though I dont really know why anyone would want to pirate Shovel Knight.

Besides piracy on GAF, beside Games, is also quite big. Look at the HBO-series threads , Anime-threads etc.
True, but those do have other revenue streams. Gaming, like music, just have couple.

Not condoning it at all.

Awesome! Really happy you're having fun with it. It truly is unique amd once you cleared an are and think you have it all figured out, the next area will throw new enemies, tactics and dangers at you which you never saw before.

A great, great game.

Thanks. Yeah, the pacing of this game is wonderful so far.

The game really surprised me with that super tough optional enemy. I think I'll try to kill him since a bonfire isn't too far away from me.

Brilliant game.

Shadownet

Banned
So I know this is off-topic, I apologize. But is there anyone here who is good at giving feedback on essay? I have an English paper. it's only 7 paragraphs, 3 pages. I just want to know if I did well enough on my final revision.

My parents didn't attend school here, so they can't really help me with this. PM me, if you would like to give it a quick read. Thank you.

It's a paper analyzing an article on the case of Michael Brown.

denx

errm, I played Dark Souls until the Undead Parish and can't say I really had much fun with it, it left me rather cold. It most likely gets better later but I don't feel like going back to the game anytime soon.

Anyway, hi everyone.

So you guys are pumped for Hotline Miami 2 right

Having a 1 TB SSD is a nice feeling, no longer have to worry about my terrible steam download habits <3

SSD's still haven't got to a price point where I can consider them a viable alternative to high storage HDD's.

zkylon

zkylewd
errm, I played Dark Souls until the Undead Parish and can't say I really had much fun with it, it left me rather cold. It most likely gets better later but I don't feel like going back to the game anytime soon.
if you never played a souls game it might take a while for it to make sense to you

once it does you'll be like wtf what is gaming

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

In an ideal world that's how it would work.

U wot m8? U won go?

fight me, puss in boots.

you deadass tho? thats how it should be! im gonna try it out, hope it works. someone should make a patch to steam so it works like this. its annoying that say if i want to play the evil within(which is on my brother's acc) but he's playing dying light, I cant. cmon valve, stop acting like a dickhead, i thought you guys were all like "yea bruh we're cool" :(
So I know this is off-topic, I apologize. But is there anyone here who is good at giving feedback on essay? I have an English paper. it's only 7 paragraphs, 3 pages. I just want to know if I did well enough on my final revision.

My parents didn't attend school here, so they can't really help me with this. PM me, if you would like to give it a quick read. Thank you.

It's a paper analyzing an article on the case of Michael Brown.
nah son, do your own hw. fuck outta here dawg. Nah I be getting Water to help me out with my c++ hw so im not even gonna front :p I'd help you out but I gotta go to sleep, gotta be up by 6am tmrw :(

I really wonder what kind of games Morpheus will be able to play if the PS4 cant even handle BF Hardline in 1080p and "just" 60fps.
probably not much I'm assuming but hey man, if the morpheus natively supports the PC it would be a great affordable VR helmet thing, i guess. This is assuming that itll be no more than 300. Cause I'm taking a shot in the dark but I'm guessing the valve one will be a solid $500 MINIMUM.

why you trying to violate tho? so what if its only gonna be pong? :p

probably not much I'm assuming but hey man, if the morpheus natively supports the PC it would be a great affordable VR helmet thing, i guess. This is assuming that itll be no more than 300. Cause I'm taking a shot in the dark but I'm guessing the valve one will be a solid $500 MINIMUM.

I am not that sure about that. I mean their controller is just 50$ with, at least what it seems, more technology than a Xbox One or PS4 controller.

Oculus aims for 250-300$.

I doubt Valve will sell it for 500$.

hmm that's probably more on the devs over at EA rather than the PS4 though :X

Sure, but for VR the GPU needs to render two images and, not sure about Morpheus, needs to render each image at more than 60fps.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I really wonder what kind of games Morpheus will be able to play if the PS4 cant even handle BF Hardline in 1080p and "just" 60fps.

As I said in some other thread the other day, the PS4 is about as well-suited to VR as the PS3 is to 3D: the grunt just isn't there for something like, say, Uncharted to run without noticeable compromise. The display tech seems to be great, but that doesn't really mean much when the hardware it's to pair with isn't up to par. Can't blame MS/Sony for wanting a piece of the VR pie, though, even if their respective systems aren't an ideal match.

Miguel81

Finally finished Alien:Isolation today, really enjoyed it - nailed that feeling of tension and terror I had way back when I played Alien Trilogy on the PS1 and I liked the way the Alien's AI worked - throwing noisemakers at other survivors in particular made for some amusing consequences. Much longer than I expected and the game probably overstayed its welcome just a little bit towards the end I think, but a excellent game nonetheless. Now I can reclaim that 20GB of space for something else.

What difficulty level did you choose? I have been thinking of going back and playing through Nightmare, but not sure if it is worth the stress. Glad you enjoyed it, though, as it is my personal GOTY, even if I agree that it did drag on a bit too long.

http://i.imgur.com/9qv2K2j.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

lol. At least it's a fun one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom