• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

Never. Soundtrack of the first game convinced me not to buy the first game. So not going to get the sequel.
379ch.gif

Sarcasm

Most of that is just not true. Like awful controls, wtf? They are literally perfect. 100% spot on. Also I don't know when you played the game but over time they patched it a lot.

Controls are squat and inconsistent. And that hit detection..lol. It is actually better to play on the vita honestly.

ExoSoul

Banned
If I can't do it, then I suppose I'll give it a miss.
The reason I suggested you give flicking a try is because it cuts on the difficulty of the move, the animation for kicking is slow compared to attacks so you find yourself using it in situations where you can afford to set it up properly.

If you do it while moving the game doesn't always recognise the input but if you line yourself and let the stick go neutral flicking guarantees the kick and makes sure you don't walk/attack instead. If under pressure you can cancel with a directional roll since the game differentiates between the input for the kick and the input for the roll.

Zafir

Yeah, there are SOME retailers with lower prices. IE Unch 4 is "only" 70€ on Amazon. Sad fact is, in Italy there are not so many stores like US and UK.
Basically the only serious retailer is Mediaworld, excluding Amazon.
But.
Mediaworld store points are not everywhere (in example, if I want reach one, I need to do one hour of highway, paying for it something like 4.20€. This and the fuel you use make it more expensive compared to Gamestop.

Amazon, otherwise, can make you spare 5€, but you need to wait almost a week after day one, if you not have Prime.

There are really other options.

For PS3 games, I used to buy them from Amazon Uk when they had free shipping toward Italy when you reach 25 £, but they removed that option.

The problem here is there's no competition among retailers. You have those small stores, if they exist, that work only by ordering a game. So if you go here on D1, you probably won't find what you are looking for, because they don't take additional copies, if you want one, you need to order it, and wait. And the price will be the same or even expensive compared to Gamestop.

I'm sure in Italy there are other stores too, but at least where I live, there are two options:

-Gamestop
-Order online, but 99% sure you won't receive a title on D1.

Last game I bought was Beyond Two Souls (dear lord, good money for that), I received it three days after launch, for the same price of Gamestop, but with an additional crappy fake-artbook attached :D

Can't you just import from the UK? From what I understand shipping isn't that dear. I can't imagine Italian subs/dubs are to die for either, if the game even got them.

Speaking of Rogue, someone needs to rank AssFlag, AssUnity, AssRogue, and Watch_Dawgies for me so I can know what to play. Because I've been trying to play Watch Dogs recently and it seems so much more mind numbing and boring compared to the AssCreed games.

Arthea

Who gonna replay LLTQ for new plot lines? Just curious

*repeats*
I'm not buying anything, I'm not buying anything, I'm not

edited: mantra was about Starships of course.

Zafir

As I wrote, I used to import game from UK. But simply shipping cost nullifies all the money you spare on the game itself, ending by paying the exact same price, or even more, compared to a physical store.

Yes but Amazon UK often isn't even the cheapest, there's loads of retailers. A lot of people used to use Zavvi because they did really cheap European delivery(Was even free for some time), and you can usually get good pre-order prices with their codes. Recently thegamecollection has had lots of good deals, their EU shipping is only £2.

Edit: Zavvi is back to doing free EU delivery again, infact.

Zafir

Well, I don't care, anyway, since as I wrote I do not own a PS4, I'm not planning to take one soon and I doubt there will be other PS3 games I'll buy in the near future. Anyway, I ordered Rising back in days from Zavvi, my package went missing, they refunded me and I ordered the game from Amazon.UK.
Fair enough. If you were ever looking for some good prices though, I do recommend the Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| thread. Good prices are always posted there. :p

milena87

Speaking of Rogue, someone needs to rank AssFlag, AssUnity, AssRogue, and Watch_Dawgies for me so I can know what to play. Because I've been trying to play Watch Dogs recently and it seems so much more mind numbing and boring compared to the AssCreed games.

Did you like the ship gameplay in ACIII? If you did, then you should like Black Flag for sure and Rogue almost certainly (I haven't played it yet, but Dr Dogg's opinion makes me think that it is indeed a good sequel to Black Flag).

I haven't played Unity or Watch Dogs, though. I'll certainly play Unity one day, but I can't say the same for Watch Dogs. It looks boring.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
He won't, he likes artsy fartsy kinda games like gone home, Minecraft, and other lame stuff like that

come at me, bayo.

If you wanna be an asshole be an accurate one. I dislike Minecraft and I have Gone Home but I dont remember much of it to even tell what the game was. Look at my library and be maybe a bit more accurate on the shade you want to throw at me you dying franchise lover.

kudoboi

dk about rogue but

1)Watch_doges
2)AC4
3)AC:U

do yourself a favor and don't play watch dogs. It's a mediocre gta-like with a sociopathic main character and a campaign that's extremely repetitive and over 15 hours long.

I just played Chinatown Wars and it was so much better than WD, WD should be embarrassed.

Grief.exe

You must have transcended to another level of mind-numbing.

You're about to face one of the nastier areas in the game.

Good luck and bring some arrows.
Yep. After I posted last night, I ventured further down to the Shrine of Amana. Was actually surprised because I was expecting some dunegon-like area of the Drangleic Castle. Still it was a cool level. Kinda reminded me of the Ash Lake from DS1.

I can totally see how that area could cause trouble though. The mages have some ridiculously long attack/aggro range. Gladly I had a good shield ad weapon.

On that I have to talk about classes. In DS1 I played as a Pyro with a lightning katana for the bulk of the game. I feel as if pyromancy was practically easy-mode in DS1. It was pretty OP.
I think FromSoftware also thinks that way since they took out the class completely and I feel as if it is much harder to be focusing on pyro in DS2 early on at least.

Since I went with pyro in DS1 I wanted to change things up in DS1 and choose to use heavy weapons and - almost - no magic/hex/pyro at all. I thought things would get tougher this way but holy smokes was I wrong! These are the weapons I used chronologically:
  • Rapier +5
  • Bastard Sword +5
  • Royal Greatsword +10
  • and currently Greatsword +7 (still need to find chunks; weirdly enough I have several slabs :/)
Paired with a greatshield almost no enemy is a match to me. Especially with the Greatsword's single-handed heavy-attack which makes a devastating combo when double-heavy-striking. And I love to be honest how they connect with each other.

The frog-boss at the end was pretty dope too. I was summoned and helped others a couple times while I was there :)

Anyway, I am at about 56 hours and already SoulLevel 112! The progression speed has been upped significantly imo compared to DS1 which I am liking very much. Now that I have enough STR to wield almost every heavy weapon, I am dumping souls into INT/FTH and buy spells/hexes. I haven't used them at all till now but I am liking how there are so many different spells.

Wish there was a rare item which permanently levels your INT/FTH without having to need spend tons of souls. Just like Fireseeds leveling up the flame it would be nice for the septics to permanently give you points in INT/FTH stats.
Pffft, Bonfire Ascetic the King's Gate, go to the previous empty room with the huge chairs, defeat the "enemies". Enjoy your new badass Ring.
I still haven't used an Ascetic at all! But I am planning on doing that with the Lost Sinner because I forgot that I could summon Lucatiel :/
But I really like that with Asctetics/Bonfire Intensity I get different enemies and loot. Pretty awesome game design.
New mods? Interesting. Still, I think reading hundreds of stupid posts every day doesn't sound fun :/

What is the allure in that for you Jase?

But you are always here, so you would fit in that regard at least.
who here is not getting HM2?
Why the heck would I get a game Day 1?

It is gonna become much cheaper after a short wait. There are enough games to play until that.

Buying Day 1 does not make any sense to me. Even if I was filthy-rich, I would never buy Day 1. Have some patience people.
How do I kick in Dark Souls? I know the control as provided by one of the hints (left stick + R1 - Dualshock 4 controller) but I can't always pull it off.

Am I supposed to tilt it and then press R1 or do it at the same time? I'm confused.
There are tons of special moves which are very useful.

Jump Attack: Left Stick Forward + Heavy Attack
Guard Break: Blocking (either shield or weapon) + Left Stick Forward + Light Attack
Kick: Left Stick Forward + Light Attack

Just know that many times trying will result in bad endings due to timing :p
guys, seriously?
What will you do when we all will lose jobs and sit here all day posting nasty pics and gifs?
When we...?

I am ahead of you guys.

I am waaaaay ahead of you.

Vazra

do yourself a favor and don't play watch dogs. It's a mediocre gta-like with a sociopathic main character and a campaign that's extremely repetitive and over 15 hours long.

I just played Chinatown Wars and it was so much better than WD, WD should be embarrassed.

True Crime Streets of L.A. shits on WatchdDawgs tbh. (Not NY as that one was a mess)

True Crime Streets of L.A. shits on WatchdDawgs tbh. (Not NY as that one was a mess)

Sleeping dawgs is the only gta-like with dawgs in the title that anyone should play. game was such a pleasure to play. Pork buns made me into a man.

Also, since someone asked about AssFlag: AssFlag might have the worst campaign of all AC games. I say might because I haven't played liberation, rogue, or unity so there's a chance that those are worse but i think that would be almost impossible. It's just a bunch of tailing and stealth missions, none are fun and i gave 1 star to almost every campaign mission.

You must have transcended to another level of mind-numbing.

I think it's the free running/climbing and the just the totally random indiscriminate murder you can get up to in AssCreed that makes them at least a bit more entertaining. Watch_Dogs is just another modern day open world game where driving around isn't all that interesting and I don't get the same kind of entertainment of just shooting pedestrians with guns or trying to run them over or whatever.

Dr Dogg

You think collecting Steam games get's hectic try collecting books when you have to walk past a market with 2 book shops akin to Black Books every morning, lunchtime and evening.

Speaking of collectable things and obsessive compulsion, Gameseek have got 30+ copies of Football Manager 2010 in stock, which was becoming hard to find for a reasonable price. Yours for the princely sum of £1.37. Seeing as my box is lost to my previous workplace before I knew they were Steam redeemable keys I've ordered one as a test.

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/PCqfrxbeh01kh/Football-Manager-2010

Woohoo just one day till Ass Creed Rogue. I feel so #blessed to get two Ass Creeds on my personal computer this year.

I wonder where AC Chronicles China will fit into the schedule? Still tomorrow is Rogue day for me!

Since I went with pyro in DS1 I wanted to change things up in DS1 and choose to use heavy weapons and - almost - no magic/hex/pyro at all. I thought things would get tougher this way but holy smokes was I wrong! These are the weapons I used chronologically:
  • Rapier +5
  • Bastard Sword +5
  • Royal Greatsword +10
  • and currently Greatsword +7 (still need to find chunks; weirdly enough I have several slabs :/)
Paired with a greatshield almost no enemy is a match to me. Especially with the Greatsword's single-handed heavy-attack which makes a devastating combo when double-heavy-striking. And I love to be honest how they connect with each other.

STR scaling in DS2 is fantastic. I went full STR on mine and ended using the Pursuers Ultragreatsword for most of the game. rekt everything.

Vazra

Black Lotus but then Activision wanted to try and sell it on the True Crime name despite having no connection to the previous games let alone any of the developers ;)

LA had connection to NY? I never finished NY.

And I see why True Crime was slapped to the game since it had similar style in terms of gameplay. The melee combat in LA had interesting melee combat at the time and some cool stuff to do which you can see SD taking it to a whole different level. Overall I feel people shat on TC as being a GTA Clone when it was different enough despite being a sandbox game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom