• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

I wonder where AC Chronicles China will fit into the schedule? Still tomorrow is Rogue day for me!

It will be out before E3 for sure. April is my guess.

P.S. What did i miss SteamGAF in last 12-15 hours? :D I was cleaning my All in One Printer whole morning and damn that thing was dirty.

Sarcasm

Shadow of Mordor's thing about you dying is really half thought through. When you can die from a second mob attacking you while your about to do the last stand thing on your first target AND its some random non story sword that like 6 captains level up from some hunting seems kinda lol.

Dr Dogg

LA had connection to NY? I never finished NY.

And I see why True Crime was slapped to the game since it had similar style in terms of gameplay. The melee combat in LA had interesting melee combat at the time and some cool stuff to do which you can see SD taking it to a whole different level. Overall I feel people shat on TC as being a GTA Clone when it was different enough despite being a sandbox game.

I think both LA and NY were developed by Luxoflux (who also incidentally were working on True Crime LA before Acti swooped in and bought them). Never played NY but I had a blast with LA when it came out. Sleepy Dawgs definitely shares quite a lot of gameplay content, especially the contextual melee systems and such. It's a bit hard to say what really shaped the outcome as United Front Games where teeny when Acti came a knocking but they already had the idea fleshed out for Black Lotus/Sleeping Dogs. Though seeing as quite a few of the devs were from EA's old NFS team I'd imagine their roots were in the driving side of things (plus thy were working with Sony on ModNation Racers too).

For those interested here's an article by The Guardian at the time of Sleepy Dogs release going over some of the details.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/gamesblog/2012/aug/30/sleeping-dogs-hit-title-game

MUnited83

For you.
Did NY goes supernatural in the end like LA?

And what was Sleepy Dawgs before being named Sleepy Dawgs?

No. Not that I remember of anyways. NY had a better world, better combat(i loved that you could have several different fighting styles) and a better plot. The only thing LA is better is on the shooting and on the bullet time stunts.

Deques

Trying to buy from Nuuvem using HOLA, but every time I turn it off to pay the game just disappears from the cart. How do you buy using HOLA?

The reason I suggested you give flicking a try is because it cuts on the difficulty of the move, the animation for kicking is slow compared to attacks so you find yourself using it in situations where you can afford to set it up properly.

If you do it while moving the game doesn't always recognise the input but if you line yourself and let the stick go neutral flicking guarantees the kick and makes sure you don't walk/attack instead. If under pressure you can cancel with a directional roll since the game differentiates between the input for the kick and the input for the roll.

That's actually really clever. Thank you. Now I understand why you told me to flick the stick.

Terra_Ex

Who gonna replay LLTQ for new plot lines? Just curious
Sure, I still had a bunch of unfinished stuff left from my first couple of playthroughs so the new content definitely incentivises a return visit. It was a pretty cool game but I always thought it needed a few more genuine branches here and there, hopefully that's among the newly added content.

Shadow of Mordor's thing about you dying is really half thought through. When you can die from a second mob attacking you while your about to do the last stand thing on your first target AND its some random non story sword that like 6 captains level up from some hunting seems kinda lol.
You have to pick your battles, particularly early on- there are some fights you just can't win, knowing when to retreat is half the battle and throwing yourself at the enemies over and over will only make them tougher to take down in the long run.

There are tons of special moves which are very useful.

Jump Attack: Left Stick Forward + Heavy Attack
Guard Break: Blocking (either shield or weapon) + Left Stick Forward + Light Attack
Kick: Left Stick Forward + Light Attack

Just know that many times trying will result in bad endings due to timing :p

Thanks, had no idea about the guard break. Yeah, experimenting in this game can be a killer :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hello GAF!

I've been having a bit of a hard time lately. My aunt passed away on Friday and I'm finding it hard to deal with. It's been a long time since I've seen my mom in such a state and it's hard.

I'm feeling bad because it's been over a month now since the last release of Enhanced Steam, which is probably the longest time that's passed between updates since it's inception. Life has been tough on me the last few weeks, and every time I sit down to write some code, it's like something else happens that needs my attention. Lately I've buried myself in gaming because it's my "default mode" of reducing stress, and this weekend it's helped in my grieving process.

Anyway, I'm not trying to derail the thread or anything. Just wanted to give people a heads up that the next ES / IM updates (and the release of SISF) may not happen as quickly as I would like them to.

Arthea

Sure, I still had a bunch of unfinished stuff left from my first couple of playthroughs so the new content definitely incentivises a return visit. It was a pretty cool game but I always thought it needed a few more genuine branches here and there, hopefully that's among the newly added content.

even more branches?
this has to be the joke, it just has to

Chariot

Hello GAF!

I've been having a bit of a hard time lately. My aunt passed away on Friday and I'm finding it hard to deal with. It's been a long time since I've seen my mom in such a state and it's hard.

I'm feeling bad because it's been over a month now since the last release of Enhanced Steam, which is probably the longest time that's passed between updates since it's inception. Life has been tough on me the last few weeks, and every time I sit down to write some code, it's like something else happens that needs my attention. Lately I've buried myself in gaming because it's my "default mode" of reducing stress, and this weekend it's helped in my grieving process.

Anyway, I'm not trying to derail the thread or anything. Just wanted to give people a heads up that the next ES / IM updates (and the release of SISF) may not happen as quickly as I would like them to.
Take your time, Enhanced Steam still works beautiful and your own well being is a lot more important. Hope your situation gets better.

Sarcasm

You have to pick your battles, particularly early on- there are some fights you just can't win, knowing when to retreat is half the battle and throwing yourself at the enemies over and over will only make them tougher to take down in the long run.

Oh I am not fighting captians (cause screw them they group up in 4+ and all seems to be lvl 12 I have only died like 5 times) and not warchiefs. I died to damn dogs and they level up - that is what I am talking about. Though I did kill a bunch cause of how much you CAN cheese them.

I am off in some cave on the west side and 6 captains level up on the east cause THAT makes sense. Said something about hunting those dogs in caves -.-

I have intel on all too -.- This nemesis system is broken imo.

Hello GAF!

My condolences. I wish you and your relatives patience during these times. It is not easy and it can never be.
Stay strong buddy.

r3n4ud

Hello GAF!

Ah man, wish you and your family all the best.

Terra_Ex

even more branches?
this has to be the joke, it just has to
You can never have enough branches :) But as I recall, most of those branches converge in short order, ie: illusion of choice. I think that was my main complaint with the game, but it's been a while so I honestly can't remember if that was it or not.

Hello GAF!
I'm sorry to hear that, man, life comes first, ES can wait. Sometimes escaping into a good game can help to work through trying times.

dex3108

Hello GAF!

Just take your time ES is fine. And my condolences.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thanks everyone.

I plan to hopefully have some time to dive into coding a bit this week. It's comforting because it's familiar, and it helps keep my mind busy. The time away from the code has given me a lot of good ideas for things that need to be done and I'm itching to get them done if I can find the time.

Amzin

Oh I am not fighting captians (cause screw them they group up in 4+ and all seems to be lvl 12 I have only died like 5 times) and not warchiefs. I died to damn dogs and they level up - that is what I am talking about. Though I did kill a bunch cause of how much you CAN cheese them.

I am off in some cave on the west side and 6 captains level up on the east cause THAT makes sense. Said something about hunting those dogs in caves -.-

I have intel on all too -.- This nemesis system is broken imo.

When you die, time passes in-game, that's what the leveling up is. The orcs are doing shit while your body/spirit are being pulled back together. There's other ways to trigger time passing too (which is good because at some point you can pretty much just stop dying ever).

Those random missions to interfere (or help) orc captains with things are what are happening, if an orc succeeds in a mission they level up, if they fail they can die (rare unless you kill them) or just sit on their butt for a while until another chance to level comes along.

Deques

Trying to buy from Nuuvem using HOLA, but every time I turn it off to pay the game just disappears from the cart. How do you buy using HOLA?

Anyone? Every time I clicked on Paypal and then try to pay the cart reloads and the game disappears from the cart.

The game in question is Hotline Miami 2

milena87

Hello GAF!

I'm sorry for your loss. I wish you and your family all the best.

And don't worry about ES, really. You've done an amazing job so far and you'll continue to do so, but at times like these you should focus on yourself and your loved ones.

r3n4ud

Anyone? Every time I clicked on Paypal and then try to pay the cart reloads and the game disappears from the cart.

The game in question is Hotline Miami 2

Are you using the Hola chrome extension? If so, did you click the smiley face to make sure the vpn is on?

Sarcasm

Really only cool awesome thing so far about mordor is picture mode.

Just got done doing that kill all trainees mission and got a bunch of good shots. Otherwise what a boring mess that was.

r3n4ud

Yes I enabled Hola before adding Hotline Miami 2. but it disappears before I can finalize the purchase

Shit, really weird. I just picked up HM 2 and Cities using Hola chrome extension and it worked flawlessly. Where's our buddy Jase at?!

Hello GAF!

Hopefully everything will get better. Don't mind ES, your family is the most important thing always.

yuraya

Does Valve care about gamers these days or are they solely focused on profits now?

... aaaaaaaaand another one ;) seems like we're getting one of these daily now ;)

Valve should just release new counter strike every year and charge $60 for it. Along with $30 season pass to fragment the player base and add a 3 hour single player campaign to it with celebrity voice acting. They have so much money they could even lead a 100 million dollar marketing campaign for it and get in bed with Microsoft for a 1 terabyte xbox one bundle.

Then....

And only then will Valve truly care about gamers.

Really only cool awesome thing so far about mordor is picture mode.

Just got done doing that kill all trainees mission and got a bunch of good shots. Otherwise what a boring mess that was.

If you've played one mission you've played them all, unfortunately. Even the DLC missions, from what I've seen, fail to really shake up the game enough. The only thing you can really look forward to is the final mission, where Mordor actually remembers what makes it good. (And I'm not talking about the final boss.)

If the (inevitable) sequel doesn't dramatically improve on the Nemesis system, environment design, and mission design, the game will be an utter failure in my eyes. I really hope Monolith realises what was good and bad about their game, in spite of all the (unwarranted) GotY praise.

Turfster

Of course I can.

Hotline Miami simply isn't good and the sequel looks like it is more of the same. Granted many people liked it, but that was my experience with it.

I like you.

Hello GAF!

I've been having a bit of a hard time lately. My aunt passed away on Friday and I'm finding it hard to deal with.
My condolences.

GMG deals:
  • Remember Me 80% off with H3U5TZ-9726D1-JIPSHC
  • Lara's Oshiri 61% off with 23ISTH-ANYDEA-LEQW5E

Amazon has Nail'd for 1.24$

Gamersgate is having a Paradox Interactive week, today's deal Crusader Kings II 75% off

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
There's a somewhat big spoiler there, so please notify :p

there's a spoiler alert in the article just before the quoted bit .... I assumed people would just read the whole thing and not only the quoted bit .....

MadGear

Hm, I just noticed that it is now mandatory to use VPN when buying from nuuevem. When did that happen? I can't find a single game that I can add to my cart. Before this was only the case for games that are explicitly declared as region locked, but now it applies to all games.

Edit: OK now I'm getting worried. Hola with Chrome is also not working for me anymore, can someone else give it a try?

there's a spoiler alert in the article just before the quoted bit .... I assumed people would just read the whole thing and not only the quoted bit .....
I know, but some people, even with that, may say that they were unintentionally spoiled. I said that so you can safeguard yourself from these type of people.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I know, but some people, even with that, may say that they were unintentionally spoiled. I said that so you can safeguard yourself from these type of people.

spoiled about potential spoilers in the article? ;)

either way - it's not my fault if some people can't be bothered to read a short article in its entirety :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom