• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Isn't today Apple Watch day? That or they've announced something 'new' and by new I mean slightly different than the previous model.

It's apple watch day, also new fanless macbook air or something.
It's a comedy of epic proportions.
"This mother that uses apple products is running a marathon in Africa. So tell us about your great charity work?" "Oh my god the apple watch is like, the most amazing thing ever, you can draw a dickbutt on it and it'll be sent to everyone else in range so they can enjoy the dickbutt on their watch!"

dex3108

Isn't today Apple Watch day? That or they've announced something 'new' and by new I mean slightly different than the previous model.

I just looked and new HBO online service is exclusive to Apple TV for now, new MacBook is extremely overpriced for its specs and doesn't include any standard USB ports and i need to read what they did with watch. So yeah Apple did many stupid things today.

Grief.exe

I just looked and new HBO online service is exclusive to Apple TV for now, new MacBook is extremely overpriced for its specs and doesn't include any standard USB ports and i need to read what they did with watch. So yeah Apple did many stupid things today.

Extremely overpriced for the specs? That is what Apple has been doing for years.
Specs and price are completely irrelevant, Apple products are seen as a fashion accessory at this point.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
"This mother that uses apple products is running a marathon in Africa. So tell us about your great charity work?" "Oh my god the apple watch is like, the most amazing thing ever, you can draw a dickbutt on it and it'll be sent to everyone else in range so they can enjoy the dickbutt on their watch!"

essentially this:

QsTncRm.jpg

Parsnip

it's pretty cheap on nuuvem :)

Yes, yes it was.
And yes, nuuvem still works just fine with a vpn, at least with flyvpn. Some people were having some issues earlier.

It's the parasitic Ceti Eel that has burrowed into my head and wrapped around my cerebral cortex that makes me buy all these Ubi games, I swear. I do pretty much own everything they've published on Steam :/
It's a blessing not a curse.

Saiyan-Rox

I know this is a steam thread and all but is anyone else having issues with the Uplay client?

I just booted mine for the first time in awhile for Rouge and it wouldn't let me download it (keeps saying unable to download and to check connection and storage and both are fine)

I can't seem to download big games like AC:BF, AC:Rouge, Far cry 4, and Watch Dogs but I can download AC:2, Blood dragon and a couple of others.

Anyone have any idea whats going on here?

Ban Puncher

I have to buy a 13" MBPr for my sister-in-law this week and now there is a model update. That shit better be in stores before the weekend, I ain't paying for old-and-busted.

Also, the best thing about Apple? I tell family and friends to buy it just so when something eventually goes wrong and they come looking for me and free tech support, I can be all like "YO I DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT MACS!".

Then I do a 360 and moonwalk away.

Dr Dogg

Sounds about right for an Apple event. As someone who's never really worn a watch (or any jewellery for that matter) I don't see the appeal of a smart watch let alone it be 'life changing' as my bloody newspaper has been telling me it will be in articles they have been running every day for the past month. Plus round here all it takes is one wrong turning and you'll end up getting mugged. A Steam client for Apple TV would be nice but that's not really happening.

derExperte

But it's golden. And they reinvented the keyboard

Turfster

Sounds about right for an Apple event. As someone who's never really worn a watch (or any jewellery for that matter) I don't see the appeal of a smart watch let alone it be 'life changing' as my bloody newspaper has been telling me it will be in articles they have been running every day for the past month. Plus round here all it takes is one wrong turning and you'll end up getting mugged. A Steam client for Apple TV would be nice but that's not really happening.

The best bit is that first watches got "killed" by having, you know, clocks on phones, and now they're predicting the apple watch will sell because people won't have to use their phones to check the time any more. What?

Hassleheart and Barter Empire keys are available for LazyGuysStudio Late February bundle

Anteater

Going from the OT for DmC DE I think I can hold off on that for a while. Sure it's got some nice new changes (Hardcore and Turbo mode as well as God's Must Die mode tick the right boxes) but I'd take DMC4SE first and foremost. Not like we have a choice with either at the mo :(

yeah I want both :D

There's that usk rating that mentioned a pc ver of dmc4se so there's still hope. Capcom needs to stop being so weird with platform choices.

All you would be buying is the lock on right? Since everything else a mod for the PC version. I guess the dlc as well but that's ways cheap come sale time.
Edit: guess there's a bit more than that.

Yeah there are the new difficulty modes and a bunch of small fixes, I probably won't notice the minor changes that much, but the new skins are nice.I just want the updated version though so I don't have to install mods when I replay.

yuraya

Still don't get what smart watches are for. I thought the invention of the cell phone was a much more convenient way of checking time on the go instead of strapping metal to your wrist.

Some of these corporations have too much time and money on their hands. Inventing so much useless shit.

Grief.exe

I have to buy a 13" MBPr for my sister-in-law this week and now there is a model update. That shit better be in stores before the weekend, I ain't paying for old-and-busted.

Also, the best thing about Apple? I tell family and friends to buy it just so when something eventually goes wrong and they come looking for me and free tech support, I can be all like "YO I DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT MACS!".

Then I do a 360 and moonwalk away.

I was just imagining you going 4chan on your family and I started laughing.

"I need some help with my Mac!"
>2015
>Owning a Mac

*moonwalks away*

I hadn't touched a Mac since the 90's until I had to troubleshoot my girlfriend and her friend's laptops a couple years ago. They were so trashed with viruses and installs that I just reformatted both.

lashman

Still don't get what smart watches are for. I thought the invention of the cell phone was a much more convenient way of checking time on the go instead of strapping metal to your wrist.

Some of these corporations have too much time and money on their hands. Inventing so much useless shit.

it's apple ... they could "invent" shit-on-a-stick and millions of people would gladly pay for it

dex3108

No ethernet port on new MacBook either. So you need to pay 1300$ for MacBook and then buy tunderbolt to ethernet converter and USB C to standard USB adapter just to be able to use it normally.

GaussTek

Extremely overpriced for the specs? That is what Apple has been doing for years.
Specs and price are completely irrelevant, Apple products are seen as a fashion accessory at this point.

It's basically a $1300 Chromebook, as someone tweeted on my feed lol

Ban Puncher

I was just imagining you going 4chan on your family and I started laughing.

"I need some help with my Mac!"
>2015
>Owning a Mac

*moonwalks away*

I hadn't touched a Mac since the 90's until I had to troubleshoot my girlfriend and her friend's laptops a couple years ago. They were so trashed with viruses and installs that I just reformatted both.

B-b-b-but Macs don't get viruses!

I don't get it either. Everything they are saying it can do will likely drain its battery in a few hours if you have all those features turned on.

Madn

I finished Call of Juarez. I usually don't play FPSs but I didn't mind this one, especially because of how the story alternated between two characters, one more focused on guns and the other more focused on platforming. This allowed some variety to the levels, even though some parts were a bit repetitive

Deques

Yes, yes it was.
And yes, nuuvem still works just fine with a vpn, at least with flyvpn. Some people were having some issues earlier.

A question regarding flyvpn. I downloaded it earlier to test it but never got through the whole buying process.
Should I have it enabled the whole the during the payment process? Or should I disable it before logging in paypal?

I think (hope) that the type of smart watches that are coming out soon will crash and burn. They make no sense.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The most hilarious thing is spending 1.5k - 2k on a mac to install windows. (ಠ_ಠ)

EDIT: The persons that installed windows said it wouldnt get viruses cause it was a mac... LOL

rtcn63

Expensive watches. I get admiring the craftsmanship, the clockwork itself. But when it comes to accuracy- aren't you always going by someone else's time? A doctor's appointment by the doctor's clock, not yours.

Dr Dogg

I would ... but, you know, man ... 50/60€ is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of my range ; _ ;

Don't worry I'm sure there will be a big AssCreed sale at a later point, like 12 months time where the price has plummeted, Plus you can thank the early adopters for beta testing for you ;)

lashman

Don't worry I'm sure there will be a big AssCreed sale at a later point, like 12 months time where the price has plummeted, Plus you can thank the early adopters for beta testing for you ;)

guess you're right ... although - I'm still waiting for AssUnity to get a half-decent price ... and by half-decent I mean 66-75% off ... 30€ is still waaaay too much for me :(

Rapstah

"What time is it?" "Oh it's 7:00."
vs.
"What time is it?" "Hold on" ~ fumbles with phone in pocket/purse ~ turn screen on ~ "Oh it's 7:01."

Watches are pretty cool imo.

"What time is it"?

"Hold on" ~ fumbles trying to get sleeve up ~ drops watch ~ has to wipe mayonnaise off watch ~ cries ~ dude who asked has disappeared ~ has to find dude who asked "Oh it's 9:43"

Watches suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom