• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
True enough, and not just the federal government either.

Also, doctor's offices.

I wish people could get with the times already. A pretty large portion of my day job is spent diagnosing issues with fax machines and I have about a billion other things that I could be doing if not for that. A common phrase I tell people: "You know you could just email this information, right?" to which I get the response "Yeah, but that's not as secure." *facepalm*

legit just lold

AHA-Lambda

Luxury watches are not a new thing. There's plenty of watches that are 50k or more.

300$ is also the minimum you'd pay for a decent watch. So the prices are not really surprising at all.

But it's not even really a luxury watch, you can get much nicer looking watches for less that's actually timeless, like Omega or Tag Heuer, Breitling etc.
Hell even the cheap Huawei android watches spotted recently look nicer than the apple watches.

And the apple watch will be outdated in 12 months for a new model and even by tech all the models are identical.

I am a big Apple fan but that shit is truly crazy.

MUnited83

For you.
So, here's an amusing bug with the current Steam client beta: typing out an e-mail address results in a link to the domain instead. E.g. youallsuckbutnotreally@hotmail.com will just appear to the other person as http://hotmail.com. At first I thought Dunder was joking when I asked for his PayPal address and he just gave me a link to Hotmail, haha.

Not entirely sure it's a bug... I think Valve is trying to find ways of making paypal trades as hard as possible. A couple weeks ago, some traders would try to write their email and it would show as [link removed], but when I'd try to write the same email on the chat it would work just fine. This might have something to do with it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You moved into IT?

I've worked in IT for almost 17 years now.

I'd expect laziness to change to system as a reason.
Security? Now that's a laughable reason indeed.

I should point out that this is for faxing being done in highly secure areas, being sent to fax machines with little or no security to speak of. Data breaches can cost the organization I work for potentially millions, but that's still not enough motivation for them to change.

Sometimes I think I'm wasting my time doing what I do, but the pay is nice.

dex3108

I own two watches for now. One is Swiss made and other is from Japan (200$ and 140$) and they are good enough for me. I love watches and i hope that i will be able to afford few more in the future :D /and if i ever go to Valve i will buy and gift one watch to Gabe for sure XD

MUnited83

For you.
But it's not even really a luxury watch, you can get much nicer looking watches for less that's actually timeless, like Omega or Tag Heuer, Breitling etc.
Hell even the cheap Huawei android watches spotted recently look nicer than the apple watches.

And the apple watch will be outdated in 12 months for a new model and even by tech all the models are identical.

I am a big Apple fan but that shit is truly crazy.

Half of the watch business is based on being status symbols. With the history Apple has on doing those I have no doubts this will sell pretty well to the richkidsofinstagram of the world. Can't say I blame Apple for trying to make buttloads of profit.

Nabs

Um. I need to play this.

RPS: How Thumper Made A Lot Of People Very Uncomfortable

iBnvy3nvMAS1W.gif

Despite appearing like a thinned down Audiosurf, Thumper… well, it was something else.

Thumper triggered my anxiety. The fluttering discomfort in my chest, the sense that something unplaceable is wrong, unease with the world. And I wasn’t alone. I looked at a developer sat next to me and said, “This isn’t okay, is it?” He shook his head. Afterward another person reported to me they’d watched someone unconsciously, slowly, raising their fingers to their ears. The atmosphere of turbulent disquiet in the room was palpable. And it was just a guy flying a beetle down a colourful track, to music.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfOwkFvumuk

Gameplay from Polygon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqDqAIgYlrk

Knurek

Given the game's reception, I'm finding Hitman: Absolution entirely way too much fun.
Might be because I'm not playing it as a stealth game, instead opting for the title of the World's Clumsiest Assassin.
Makes for some fun gameplay though.

Parsnip

A question regarding flyvpn. I downloaded it earlier to test it but never got through the whole buying process.
Should I have it enabled the whole the during the payment process? Or should I disable it before logging in paypal?
These are my steps. Go to nuuvem and login. Grab the flyvpn client, run it. Grab the free trial username and password, log in. Select the Brazil server and connect. Refresh nuuvem store page, add game to cart. Disconnect flyvpn, go back to nuuvem, pick paypal and hit the big button with words I don't understand. It probably says checkout. :p That should bring up the paypal window in which you do the paypal stuff, and that should be that.

Don't worry I'm sure there will be a big AssCreed sale at a later point, like 12 months time where the price has plummeted, Plus you can thank the early adopters for beta testing for you ;)
This is what I'm waiting for. I want it on Steam but not at the price they are asking.

Grief.exe

The XPS 13 is a sexy laptop.

I keep telling myself I need to wait for Skylake.

dell-xps-13-2015-product-photos-01.jpg

Don't worry I'm sure there will be a big AssCreed sale at a later point, like 12 months time where the price has plummeted, Plus you can thank the early adopters for beta testing for you ;)

Ubisoft needs a Steam sale on Rainbow Six.

Dr Dogg

Given the game's reception, I'm finding Hitman: Absolution entirely way too much fun.
Might be because I'm not playing it as a stealth game, instead opting for the title of the World's Clumsiest Assassin.

Asides from the looming spectre of Derrick every time the game was mentioned, I enjoyed it. Finished it twice in fact but it's certainly not cut from the same cloth as Blood Money but it's kind of like Hitman for the Kane and Lynch generation (if that's even a thing).

I own two watches for now. One is Swiss made and other is from Japan (200$ and 140$) and they are good enough for me. I love watches and i hope that i will be able to afford few more in the future :D /and if i ever go to Valve i will buy and gift one watch to Gabe for sure XD

Indeed, nothing finishes off outfits better than the right watch. My favorite is my Vostok Amphibia.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not entirely sure it's a bug... I think Valve is trying to find ways of making paypal trades as hard as possible. A couple weeks ago, some traders would try to write their email and it would show as [link removed], but when I'd try to write the same email on the chat it would work just fine. This might have something to do with it.

Interesting. Blanket-banning e-mail address sharing isn't exactly the greatest way to go about it.

When I was little, my grandparents had bunnies. I loved them. But they were raising them for a local restaurant. They vanished one day and I took the faux explanation. I only much later that I learned I actually ate one of them.
You made the ultimate bond with your pets. They are now a part of you. Their particles and atoms now a part of the very fabric of your existence. There is no Chariot and Bunny anymore. There is only one entity which entails both. You are one with the bunnies.
300$ is also the minimum you'd pay for a decent watch. So the prices are not really surprising at all.
We are living on the same planet yet I feel like an alien.
My Casio which I bought ten years ago is still a beauty in my eyes and I wear it only for festive matters, kinda.

MUnited83

For you.
Interesting. Blanket-banning e-mail address sharing isn't exactly the greatest way to go about it.

Yeah, the previous censoring was only "working" with traders, it would be fine with anyone else, so I think they may have found a way to tag people with a high-volume of one-way trades.

We are living on the same planet yet I feel like an alien.
My Casio which I bought ten years ago is still a beauty in my eyes and I wear it only for festive matters, kinda.

Well, that's not what one would call a "decent" watch :p. Of course, that watch is perfectly decent for a standard use. But "real" watches are more than that :p

Dr Dogg

This is what I'm waiting for. I want it on Steam but not at the price they are asking.

Well performance so far is rock solid. Max GPU usuage has been 80% on my wussier of the the 2 780's at 2560x1440 and a constant 60fps (same cap of 62fps that Black Flag had). Lack of AA does show through as does no Soft Shadows, AO isn't too bad to be honest and texture quality is pretty much up to snuff compared to Black Flag but the performance gains are more than welcome for the trade off of paired back effects. Though it's another Ubi title that doesn't like overlays so either running Uplay offline or disabling the Steam overlay was the only way I could get RTSS to launch with the game not hanging at the start.

Ubisoft needs a Steam sale on Rainbow Six.

Be nice to see something crop up before the Summer Seal. That and 8 player SteamGAF R6:3 coop could be a laugh.

AHA-Lambda

Half of the watch business is based on being status symbols. With the history Apple has on doing those I have no doubts this will sell pretty well to the richkidsofinstagram of the world. Can't say I blame Apple for trying to make buttloads of profit.

Oh it'll sell of that there's no doubt given it's a limited edition of sorts but still it's a poor product with an exuberant price tag. Much nicer looking watches for less than half that price.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Having fun with the Witcher 2, definitely enjoying it more than the first game. I'm up to chapter 2 now, and I
picked Iorveth to partner with

I've heard complaints about the combat, but it's not too bad. I will say that Wild Hunt's is much faster and snappier though, they really did a big overhaul.

I just finished up Hotline Miami! What a fantastic game.

It really is. GOTY 2012.

I have it in my backlog and should get around to it soon. My only experience with Hitman is playing the demo of Hitman 2 on PS2 which I enjoyed a lot.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
FUCK YEAH ARSENAL

sorry, no footie gaf to gloat in R.I.P

and Hotline Miami 2 and Cities in the same day. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

derExperte

FUCK YEAH ARSENAL

Reported for breaking the no-football rule!
Di Maria, lol.

Also anyone who wears a Casio watch in 2015 needs to go out and buy something better asap. People are making fun of you behind your back as we speak. I will make fun of you right in your face. No. Just no.

Dr Dogg

I know I've been banging on about it for 2 months now but getting stuck into Rogue again makes me remember all the little touches this game has. It's really a game for the series fans as there's little winks and nudges everywhere.

FUCK YEAH ARSENAL

and Hotline Miami 2 and Cities in the same day. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

It would be Welbeck that comes back to haunt United.

So much talk yet I have no clue what happened in the FA cup and what match it actually was.

Post clearly people. Mods are not monsters.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So much talk yet I have no clue what happened in the FA cup and what match it actually was.

Post clearly people. Mods are not monsters.

Bad Rats 1 - 2 Hotline Miami 2

nudgety nudgety

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom