• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

What if there was a Steam Watch?

At least we'll be able to keep up with Valve Time.
4bnQx9f.gif

Chariot

And it's no bunny.

Bunnies > cats > dogs
Please, don't embarrass yourself. Corgis are above any other animal.
Can't really judge. I never ate bunnies.

I kid, I kid.
When I was little, my grandparents had bunnies. I loved them. But they were raising them for a local restaurant. They vanished one day and I took the faux explanation. I only much later that I learned I actually ate one of them.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
My phone is never in my pocket. Beat THAT!

(actually it is but assuming this is a social situation, I'm probably in a corner reading gaf on my phone anyways)

You should consider taping it to your wrist at all times for the convenience of seconds-sooner time acquisition.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Me wearing a 17K watch is an invitation to get stabbed and dropped in the darkest corner to die. No thanks.

Dr Dogg

Well with Apple's history of fucking over older gen devices with either OS updates that cripple them or exclude them from security fixes much sooner than other tech companies I'd be pretty pissed with what might amount to a 17 grand paper weight after a couple of years.

Anyway back to Steamy things, Rogue could really, really could do with some proper AA. Even at 2560x1440 it's a bit rough let alone when encountering fine line like ropes on ships. Might have a mess about getting SMAA on the go with something like SweetFX.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
A 17000$ real watch is also something you, your kids, your grandkids and many further generations can enjoy, usually.
This smartwatch shit will last a year, if you're lucky, so yeah, they're ridiculously overpriced... since they're not actually watches =p

I'm looking forward to the day I can pass down the Apple watch I bought and hid up my butt for 5 years.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, here's an amusing bug with the current Steam client beta: typing out an e-mail address results in a link to the domain instead. E.g. youallsuckbutnotreally@hotmail.com will just appear to the other person as http://hotmail.com. At first I thought Dunder was joking when I asked for his PayPal address and he just gave me a link to Hotmail, haha.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hmm, but then we'd have to shut down half of the federal government given that they pretty much run exclusively on fax machines.

True enough, and not just the federal government either.

Also, doctor's offices.

I wish people could get with the times already. A pretty large portion of my day job is spent diagnosing issues with fax machines and I have about a billion other things that I could be doing if not for that. A common phrase I tell people: "You know you could just email this information, right?" to which I get the response "Yeah, but that's not as secure." *facepalm*

Dr Dogg

Also, doctor's offices.

I wish people could get with the times already. A pretty large portion of my day job is spent diagnosing issues with fax machines and I have about a billion other things that I could be doing if not for that. A common phrase I tell people: "You know you could just email this information, right?" to which I get the response "Yeah, but that's not as secure." *facepalm*

Same thing with some folks with their desperation to cling on to their cheque book. You try explaining to them that you're not only giving up your account detail but also your your signature to anyone who lays eyes upon it but the fear of technology drives them away from paying by card or direct debit (a form of automated bank transfer in the UK) despite neither of those giving up your credentials that readily.

And to keep this post on topic, Rogue looks alright
with a bit of fiddling and in 5120x2880 bullshot-o-vision

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
So, here's an amusing bug with the current Steam client beta: typing out an e-mail address results in a link to the domain instead. E.g. youallsuckbutnotreally@hotmail.com will just appear to the other person as http://hotmail.com. At first I thought Dunder was joking when I asked for his PayPal address and he just gave me a link to Hotmail, haha.

Dunder is selling again? I thought he closed his services down to focus on his life.

Also, doctor's offices.

You moved into IT?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Also, doctor's offices.

All my correspondence is physical and encrypted with a cypher. Take that, NSA!

Dunder is selling again? I thought he closed his services down to focus on his life.

Nah, I just needed some TF2 keys.

Annubis

I'd expect laziness to change to system as a reason.
Security? Now that's a laughable reason indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom