• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shockdude

lol expensive watches. The 8-year-old watch I've worn every day and am wearing right now was $20, but the register pulled it up as $12. It tells the time, it's easy to read, and it will survive being stepped on, and that's all I need in a watch.

edit: It's an Armitron Sport 40/8095SIL.
Armitron-40-8095sil-Armitron-Digital-Sport-Collection-Watch_1_31_1.jpg

I installed Intake the other day. It's a decent score-attack game, but the difficulty spikes are brutal. There doesn't seem to be a lot of depth to it other than "click fast," though I haven't gotten past level 30.

Copons

the dev of thumper mentioned in that article is a good friend of mine from high school, the game has come a long way from the prototype I played....hopefully it gets on Steam and he gives me a key(s) :D

You know Marc Flury?
He's a super great guy, and got in touch with me a couple of years ago our something when my site published an article about some very early Thumper material. I guess we were among the first in the world talking about his game, as they featured our article (and all the articles we wrote later on) in their press page, even tho we're a tiny satirical Italian site...

Anyway if you see him tell him Copons from Gioca Giuè said hi! :D

Uzzy

You can all thank Valencia for finally putting in an assist for Welbeck. Knew that partnership would pay off one day.

Jawmuncher

Just beat Arkham Origins. Gotta say it was a lot better than I expected. I don't consider it any lesser than the other two games. I could see how it being more of an expansion in a sense rather than something new like AA to AC dissapoining some people. But even with that what the B team did here was quite good. I was thoroughly entertained from beginning to end.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Just beat Arkham Origins. Gotta say it was a lot better than I expected. I don't consider it any lesser than the other two games. I could see how it being more of an expansion in a sense rather than something new like AA to AC dissapoining some people. But even with that what the B team did here was quite good. I was thoroughly entertained from beginning to end.

I loved Origins as well and I'd put it over City any day. Asylum still king

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Bundlestars has Pixel Piracy for $1.

It's been $0.99 before on the Humble Store, and it's been in a few bundles, but thought people would want to know about it being 90% off.

dex3108

Good story, better art style in my opinion, good soundtrack, so yeah Origins is really good game and it hurts to see how badly it was scored on release.

Chariot

Arkham Origins had some design decisions that were pretty annoying. There is that long ass bridge where swing and glide for half a minute, which is especially annoying if the story sends you up and down the map. And even when you have unlocked the quick travel towers you have to watch the mini-cutscene every time.
The combat was more sluggish to show that Batman had heavier armor at that time and after playing City it just felt unresponsive. And then there was the arbitrary ledges, where not all of them and not all roofs could be grappeled on or grappled to. The area was bigger, but had less to do than City where everything was squished on small terrain. I liked that in City.

The story was imo the best of the games, I especially loved
the Red Hood sequence. That was amazing.
But the gameplay felt a bit tired

Annubis

I don't get this article.
I mean, even if they say the game is 'heavy' on your senses, I'm willing to bet that there are people who won't be affected and interested in playing.
At worst I'd make an article telling people with medical issues that would not mix well with this game to stay away or have a careful try to see if they can handle it.
Telling a story about how an entire room of people were submitted to torture is going a bit too far =/

Nete

Origins has two main problems: is unpolished as hell and the city feels kinda empty, as it's bigger than City but there are actually less things to do on it. Besides that, is a really good game, and IMHO it has the best story of the series.

And Gordon looks like a normal person.

Bad Rats 1 - 2 Hotline Miami 2

nudgety nudgety
Finally someone speaks my language :p
-
About Puxel Piracy. The dev gave the game (does still maybe) to anyone who sends him a message telling they can't afford it for free. Steam key.
One buck is still a steal of course.

Bundlestars has Pixel Piracy for $1.

It's been $0.99 before on the Humble Store, and it's been in a few bundles, but thought people would want to know about it being 90% off.

I'm just waiting for April 15th. So my 25% off Pixel Piracy coupons can finally - FINALLY - go away. And yeah I know I could trade them to Trashbot but this is principle talking!

Maniac

Banned
Origins is also the best of the Arkham games and I doubt Knight will surpass it

It was both the best and the worst, tbh. Really depends what a person loved about the games. It has, imo, the best combat and some of the tightest level design, but character and story wise I found it to be quite shit compared to City and Asylum.

... That's just my view, ofcourse.

And fuck I need to stock up on "rations" for tomorrow evening! :p

rtcn63

It was both the best and the worst, tbh. Really depends what a person loved about the games. It has, imo, the best combat and some of the tightest level design, but character and story wise I found it to be quite shit compared to City and Asylum.

... That's just my view, ofcourse.

And fuck I need to stock up on "rations" for tomorrow evening! :p

It was obvious that the combat in Oranges was balanced around the
electric gloves. I swear, enemies moved much faster, making it harder to hold a combo pre-gloves. And the skill tree in particular made absolutely no sense in how it progressed. The game was like "All you need is glove, glove, glove". Not a terrible game, if you don't encounter one of those game-breaking bugs.

Dr Dogg

I don't think enough gameplay has been shown of Arkham Knight to say whether it can top Origins. It's certainly going to knock it out the park graphically but WB Montreal took Rocksteady's combat mechanics and gave them a sense of pacing and rhythm that caught out button mashers and rewarded well executed play.

Maniac

Banned
Finally someone speaks my language :p
-
About Puxel Piracy. The dev gave the game (does still maybe) to anyone who sends him a message telling they can't afford it for free. Steam key.
One buck is still a steal of course.

They're also completely re-making the game from the ground-up, since it's somewhat buggy and kind of... Well, slightly crappy from the ground up, you know? The very foundation of it is a bit rocky, so they're doing a full remake, which they're releasing for free to any owner of the game. And it sounds like it's coming along nicely. (Less bugs, better gameplay, more content... All that jazz)

Which, imo, is showing some damn good responsibility for ones' product. It's a nice change.
Also anyone who wears a Casio watch in 2015 needs to go out and buy something better asap. People are making fun of you behind your back as we speak. I will make fun of you right in your face. No. Just no.

I concur.

MAN UP BOYS. I have a Pulsar PU2055X1, it's a great chronograph watch, and it's not really too expensive. It's around £120, which... Isn't all that much.

It's too good, people!

Man that's cool. John Walker linked this site earlier... Damn great idea, really. Man I want that thang aswell as the one for Hotline Miami (and the LPs too... Damnit!)

Why am I currently broke!? THIS IS BOLLOCKS YA'LL!

Chariot

I am scared of the batmobile. I had vehicles and mounts. I hate race sections, I hate car chases, I hate drive and dodge that shit and I hate the insane prices of car insurance. I wanna swing through the air and slap bad guys, not trying to remember where gas and break are or be angry about not being able to park on disabled parking spaces.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I am scared of the batmobile. I had vehicles and mounts. I hate race sections, I hate car chases, I hate drive and dodge that shit and I hate the insane prices of car insurance. I wanna swing through the air and slap bad guys, not trying to remember where gas and break are or be angry about not being able to park on disabled parking spaces.

well, you're shit out of luck then ... because that's EXACTLY what you'll be doing in that game ;)

Nabs

Enemies move faster because Batman's not a bitch.

ah, my favorite Oranges argument.

When things are going, the combat flow in Oranges is just beautiful.

I don't think enough gameplay has been shown of Arkham Knight to say whether it can top Origins. It's certainly going to knock it out the park graphically but WB Montreal took Rocksteady's combat mechanics and gave them a sense of pacing and rhythm that caught out button mashers and rewarded well executed play.

When you're not button mashing:

iboQRolVKk52Dq.gif

Reported for breaking the no-football rule!
Di Maria, lol.

Also anyone who wears a Casio watch in 2015 needs to go out and buy something better asap. People are making fun of you behind your back as we speak. I will make fun of you right in your face. No. Just no.
Did The Order lead to football being banned on Gaf?

Mr. Doop

I agree. I've always hated driving in games that aren't racing games. I don't know how to feel about Arkham Knight.

Ruruja

In a roundabout way. A footygaf guy got banned for a post in The Order thread, then lots of footygaf members criticised the mods, so EviLore banned footygaf for I think 3 months, possibly 6?

Edit: Sorry for leaping in Breitner-san.

Ozium

i just started playing oranges last night and I noticed the combat seemed to require more skill/better timing than before..

but I thought the people on gaming side that hated on oranges said the combat was worse.

what is real and what is not

rtcn63

Maybe it's better and worse? Like how RE6 was better and worse. Or not. I honestly can't remember. Maybe I was just pissed at the terrible skill tree and the bugs.

derExperte

i just started playing oranges last night and I noticed the combat seemed to require more skill/better timing than before..

but I thought the people on gaming side that hated on oranges said the combat was worse.

The copious amounts of bugs are real.

Chariot

I agree. I've always hated driving in games that aren't racing games. I don't know how to feel about Arkham Knight.
We can only wait for reviews. I pre-ordered Origins, but I will wait for reviews in Knight. I have trouble trusting games atm.

Only if we get Ruth Wilson as the inevitably-revealed Joker.

tumblr_nakkyn6dI81qe3cxyo4_250.gif
No, make her Robin. She would be a fantastic new spin on that side kick. Or make her Alfred. I would love her communicating and bantering with Idris Wayne.

Every current problem can't be followed back by it's root to the Order.

It's not worse per se. They made Batman intentionally slower than in the previous titles because he had heavier armor at that time. It's just... different if you're used to the timing of the other ones.

def sim

Batman Origins is great, yes. It made Shadows of Mordor look too simple in retrospect.

I'm happy I still have Cold, Cold, Heart to play before AK's release. :D

Nabs

They made it so you have to commit to every punch, and some people just couldn't adjust. When you get good the combat feels amazing.

Your mind is playing tricks on you. The devs give up on combat balance halfway through the game, rendering any advances meaingless. And it's a buggy piece of rotten oranges.

Arkham Oranges: not even once.

Ruruja

Reminds me, that I still haven't finished Cold, Cold Heart yet, because I had two game breaking bugs within the first 10 minutes. One of them literally at the start of the game.

I just recently continued Cold, Cold Heart. It's kind of a drag though, especially as Mr Freeze isn't a favourite villain of mine.

Chariot

They made it so you have to commit to every punch, and some people just couldn't adjust. When you get good the combat feels amazing.
My favorite thing about the game was the reactions of people to the Deathstroke fight that didn't understand that you couldn't button mash. The thread was gold.
I just recently continued Cold, Cold Heart. It's kind of a drag though, especially as Mr Freeze isn't a favourite villain of mine.
Oh, that's a pity. I think is pre-new 52 story is fairly interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom