• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

My favorite thing about the game was the reactions of people to the Deathstroke fight that didn't understand that you couldn't button mash. The thread was gold.Oh, that's a pity. I think is pre-new 52 story is fairly interesting.

It's not that you can't button mash, it's that the stupid simon says takes forever.

def sim

They made it so you have to commit to every punch, and some people just couldn't adjust. When you get good the combat feels amazing.

The quick punches after a cape stun gave you a large window of reversal, anyhow. It's absolutely possible to play it like the older games. Though, yes, there is definitely a challenge that simply wasn't there in the previous games. I like it quite a bit.

Chariot

It's not that you can't button mash, it's that the stupid simon says takes forever.
There is one part of the fight where you can't button mash, where a click too early produces a failure.

The quick punches after a cape stun gave you a large window of reversal, anyhow. It's absolutely possible to play it like the older games.
Everything went into easy mode as soon as you acquired the shock gloves. At that point it was even easier than the previous games.

Jawmuncher

About halfway through TRON 2.0.

Soundtrack is fantastic.
Everything else is ????

It's not quite the classic I was led to believe.

-----

Combat felt fine to me in Arkham Origins. As I said though I haven't played Asylum or City in awhile so I don't remember much counter time wise and the like.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So we are nearing April now and still no GOTY results.
lol :(

Any word from MRORANGE?

I haven't seen him, not sure if he's popped up yet or not since the new thread was created.

I'm almost thinking about a do-over, but since we're three months into the year, this might change people's opinions about their votes. If I had access to MRORANGE's inbox or list of votes I'd be happy to compile them and share the results.

Dr Dogg

I know much was made of Unity's open ended Black Box missions but I forgot how much flexibility there is in your first assassination target mission in Rogue (plus it harks back to earlier titles with having a flashy escape sequence). Also it's good having the old gang from III back together. Even though Achilles is on the 'other' side this time, at least
Benjamin Franklin
has a role that fits with the story and we get the swag
Hatham
on our team at a later point.

Edit: Christ I forgot about Shay and Liam's banter about women. He's a cheeky chappie is that Shay Cormack.

Nabs

I haven't seen him, not sure if he's popped up yet or not since the new thread was created.

I'm almost thinking about a do-over, but since we're three months into the year, this might change people's opinions about their votes. If I had access to MRORANGE's inbox or list of votes I'd be happy to compile them and share the results.

I'm cool with more Hexcells votes.

We don't need that bruh, goty: smash bros Wii u.

Its so good it wins the award for a platform its not even on, we're done here, folks.

def sim

I'll likely wait on Rogue. While I do enjoy AC games, I cannot play another in such a small time frame.

The game would've been so much better if you had access to Gilgamesh from DMC4.

I'm sure there will eventually be a WB Batman game where he fights powerful enemies from other DC comics. That should justify even more ridiculous weapons.

derExperte

I'm going to start up GTAV on PS3 after almost 1.5 years, play a few missions and try to find out if I even still want the HD version. Though judging by the amount of updates I can buy the PC version for 10€ before I'm in. Or the framerate will fry my brain and it's over anyway.

the only bug I experienced was that once it stayed in memory even after I closed the game..

nothing task manager can't fix

Especially watch out for doors that won't open but should.

Ruruja

I'm going to start up GTAV on PS3 after over a year, play a few missions and try to find out if I even want the HD version. Though judging by the amount of updates I can buy the PC version for 10€ before I'm in.

I made the foolish decision to delete my GT5 save and updates from my PS3 a year or two ago. I can't even play GT5 now as it requires about 30gb of updates first lol (and I can't be bothered waiting that long).

I got AC Rogue through Nuuvem so it's Uplay only...so far with everything maxed out I'm having 0 issues and it's kept 60 FPS the whole time as far as I can see so far

Where the hell are you getting that price? :p Not legit I assume.

I have to ask later before I buy it. I can see american copies for 20€, european for 15€ and russian for like 8€.

It is a big seller on the chinese TMall market, which actually should mean its legit (taobao=not really legit, TMall=legit), but I have to make sure.

Dr Dogg

I more worried about Mr. Orange on a personal level.

Oh the irony.

Though seeing as he's signed in the last couple of days I just imagine the dude is super busy with work. Of course I'm sure every concerned soul here has PM'd him to ask if he's ok
I say that after not getting a reply to my recommendation PM's this month

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I have to ask later before I buy it. I can see american copies for 20€, european for 15€ and russian for like 8€.

It is a big seller on the chinese TMall market, which actually should mean its legit (taobao=not really legit, TMall=legit), but I have to make sure.

oooh ... for 15€ I'd like to get in on that ... if possible

Oreoleo

I'm almost thinking about a do-over, but since we're three months into the year, this might change people's opinions about their votes.

That's a good thing though. 3 months to let feelings simmer, get through some of the holiday rush games, and more accurately judge games based on their merit rather than picking one you just finished and are still hyped about (Shadow of Mordor, anyone?).

oooh ... for 15€ I'd like to get in on that ... if possible

I will ask him later where the keys come from. I had some bad experience one time when I bought a Dead Island key and it was revoked later. And seems its about 17€ since the RMB is too strong and the Euro is too weak :D

giphy.gif

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Besiege changelog get :D

Besiege_v005_zpsbg364a00.jpg

Hey guys!

So today we’re bringing you V0.05 as well as information about the next major update, which will be V0.1, and some long term improvements to Besiege.
Earlier today there was a Steam announcement posted, this was posted in error and was only a draft of the V0.05 announcement.

V0.1
We’re going to be changing things up over the next few weeks to push through content that there is a growing demand for. We will be skipping the next minor update in order to bring you the first major update faster.

This major update will be V0.1.
V0.1 will introduce a new island to Besiege with new scenery, structures and inhabited by new enemies. The new island will start out with 5 levels, more will be added as time goes on, and offer new challenges to the player.
We expect that it will be ready in 4-6 weeks time.

Unity 5 & Steam Integration
As I’m sure most of you are aware, Besiege was created on the Unity engine. Probably less of you aware that there is a newer version of this engine called Unity 5. Unity 5 offers a number of improvements over 4, the one we’re most interested in is performance. Moving Besiege over to Unity 5 could offer us a significant performance increase.
This would allow people to build much larger machines and potentially allow us to create levels with more assets.
Unfortunately there is an issue that is preventing us from moving to the new engine, Unity is aware of this issue and hopefully its something they can fix in the near future.

We’re also looking at Steam integration, there are a number of Steam features that we feel will compliment Besiege.
The sharing of machines between players has become almost as much a part of Besiege as building something yourself, we want to find ways to better support this, naturally Steam Workshop will be considered for a later update.
We’ve also had a lot of requests for greater challenges in the game. Everyone’s skill level is different so we don’t want to make the game too difficult for our more casual players, but we need to provide tougher goals for those that want them. This is why we’ll be looking at Steam Achievements later on in development, they would give players who crave a challenge a much harder goal to strive for and of course give them bragging rights to their Steam friends.
We will be looking at Steam Trading Cards much closer to release, we want to make sure theres a lot more game content before we look at things like this.

V0.05
For this update we’re bringing you a few new blocks as well as improvements and bug fixes.
This will be the last minor update before the major update.

Changelog v0.05

ADDITIONAL CONTENT

• Added Large Wheel Block
  • Added Ball Joint Block
  • Added Small Flame Torch Block

IMPROVEMENTS

• Wheels can be set to automatic mode
  • Cogs can be set to automatic mode
  • Flying Spiral can be set to automatic mode
  • Optimised wooden block mesh
  • Balloons pop less easily
  • Wheel menu icon improved
  • .bsg description lines now explain all variables. (you will have to load and re-save old machines to update the .bsg)
  • Can now type numbers in Key Mapper/Parameter Tuner
  • Blocks highlight properly when using Key Mapper/Parameter Tuner
  • Swivel Joint has been remade to be smaller and have better visuals

FIXES

• Fixed bug where you could erase a block whilst pressing a UI element on the top bar.
  • Fixed balloon rope being blurred by Depth of Field
  • Brace + Spring centre of mass should now be accurate
  • Fixed Metal Spike Ball not showing up in saved thumbnail
  • Fixed Half Pipe being named incorrectly in parameter tuner
  • Fixed Unpowered Cog being named incorrectly in parameter tuner
  • Fixed bug where pressing ‘Space’ while in the Save/Load would start the simulation in the background.
  • Fixed Cottages + Windmill in Sandbox not having burnt texture if burned down
  • Fixed bug where wood block that auto scales to half size gets a double joint Fixed

CHANGES

• Increased Brace break strength
  • Increased Grabber break strength
  • Cannon Now shoots when heated
  • Added ‘Shoots when heated’ warning to Cannon description

Besiege_v005_zpsbg364a00.jpg

what is the goal of this game exactly?fuck up the village in the most creative way you can or just build wacky stuff? i ask cause I always see wacky inventions but then i see a small village and in what I've seen no one has ever done anything to the village except for one where someone made a gun(that actually drops the shell and reloaded, that was dooooope)

Jawmuncher

Whoever decided that stealth sections should be in lords of shadows 2 wasn't very smart. They're so badly implemented its not even funny.

Dr Dogg

I've just realised, a new episode of Resi Rev 2 is out tomorrow as well. This is a flipping hectic month, no wonder GTA V ran off crying until April.

Gamers are really quick to get angry.

I wonder how things would have turned out if you and alr1ght didn't both, you know, check the times.

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah256/SpiderlingGames/Besiege_v005_zpsbg364a00.jpg[/G][/QUOTE]

Besiege is the new Kerbal Space Programme

Am I the only one (of course not) that did not like Hotline Miami.

I couldnt really get into this game. Everyone praised it, but somehow I was playing it and was wondering why so many people liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom