• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Guys, play Oceanhorn. It's great.

inm8num2

Poor guy.

8SS3CVL.png

Never played a Shadowrun game and this has two. Why is the newer Boston Lockdown in lower tier than the older one though? o_O
Dreamfall Chapters as well. Not a bad bundle.

Whoever was afraid of only being shown Vita screens...rest assured, your fears are true.

I wasn't afraid, per se. But when Durante wondered why the screens on the store page were such a low resolution, my answer was because it was a straight up port from Vita, 1:1, most likely.

Durante was right! :p

Sorta.

mind2nps5v.jpg

mind3yus3g.jpg

Now. The "L Button" is 1 on the keyboard.

Proof positive you should really be using a DS4 controller. ;)

Edit: had to edit after finding out the amazing 1:1 port details below.

Summon your MIND with the L button.
This should be added to Neogaf rules for people before posting.

Yes... for example:

Never played a Shadowrun game and this has two. Why is the newer Boston Lockdown in lower tier than the older one though? o_O
Dreamfall Chapters as well. Not a bundle.

Shadowrun CHRONICLES versus Shadowrun. Summon your mind with the L button.

How does it compare to Wind Waker?

Better than Wind Waker for me.

Nyoro SF

Good thing a VC2 release on Steam is impossible. It's unfortunate a VC3 release is doubly impossible for similar reasons.

I'm much more concerned that Azure Revolution will flop like a dying fish on PC. No way they won't release in on Steam, but I don't think the fans will be there for the full price release.... since the game is extremely different from what people are accustomed to.

Can't be helped though, I'm not a company that makes these decisions. (-_-)

Did they do away with the ability to raise your price later?

Or am I misremembering something here?

Basically, there's not enough for me to jump on the BTA yet, since I own too much of it, and I haven't played any of the line of Dreamfall games.

waiting for the BTA to drop some more as I've been interested in Dreamfall Chapters for a while.
Did they do away with the ability to raise your price later?

Or am I misremembering something here?

Basically, there's not enough for me to jump on the BTA yet, since I own too much of it, and I haven't played any of the line of Dreamfall games.
pretty sure they did away with that. You have to pay the difference for the BTA at the time you decide to BTA, i don't think you can lock that in anymore

Tizoc

Hopefully this doesn't release near Yooka-Laylee, I backed them both.

Can't wait though.

?

I've been waiting for this game like
FOREVER
I mean heck I nearly forgot this game existed until it was shown during AGDQ in January :V

Oh man, I knew waiting on Shadowrun: Dragonfall would eventually pay off! And Magicka 2 as well! Definitely the best bundle in a while, IMHO.

How's Dreamfall Chapters for someone who hasn't played the prequels?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Spares

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Oceanhorn -- MB-9C615891F8D534A5 - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 13 entrants total.
Shadowrun Dragonfall -- MB-7733EAB8CC96685C - Taken by dave is ok. 10 entrants total.

t1457465553z1.png

Ludens

Banned
Regarding Dreamfall, I'm curious about
how devs will solve the fact April is dead while she introduced The Longest Journey as an old lady.

I have Dragonfall, so that's most of my interest in this bundle. I might get Oceanhorn, but I'm sure I wouldn't play any of the others. My excitement dropped off once I hit 1k games gang.

New store page!

is it me or does it not look that nice visually?
I think it looked better back when we first saw gameplay, or maybe my mind is playing tricks on me and it always looked like that. I haven't really paid much attention to this game besides the times i see it on gaf.

ModBot said:
Instructions for UnderWaterTree:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (UnderWaterTree, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut -- MB-B15922A9B53E17BA - Taken by redlacs. 14 entrants total.
Star Wars: Dark Forces -- MB-C185EA1AB40A1124 - Taken by Vazra. 1 entrants total.

t1457465913z1.png
here

GaussTek

Humble Jumbo Bundle 6

Tier 1
Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas
Shadowrun Chronicles - Boston Lockdown Soundtrack
WARMACHINE Tactics - Standard Edition Mercenaries Faction Bundle

BTA Tier
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
Dreamfall Chapters
Magicka 2

Expensive tier
Grey Goo Definitive Edition

Great bundle if you ask me, but my opinion doesn't matter anyways :(

Oh yeah, glad that I didn't jump to Oceanhorn in any past sales (but I was very tempted). So gooood!

Saty

For 2016, Superdata now expects worldwide VR revenues to total $3.6 billion, 30 percent less than the $5.1 billion it projected at the beginning of January. The firm's director of research and insights Stephanie Llamas explained the adjustment to GamesIndustry.biz.

"Since we published our original figures, we have had a number of conversations with both hardware and software developers, as well as access to newly public information." Llamas said. "We previously overestimated PC and mobile hardware penetration and underestimated console hardware sales. Console will be high-end VR's white horse since it has lower hardware requirements, easier set-up and lower pricing. PlayStation's 35 million-plus users are also a far larger accessible audience than that of high-end PCs, which tops off at about 17 million.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-03-08-superdata-cuts-vr-forecast-by-30-percent

700x-1

Pachimari

For you GAF:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut -- MB-ADD81639AF4F1909 - Taken by chronomac. 21 entrants total.
Star Wars: Dark Forces -- MB-5286046B856F68A4 - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft. 1 entrants total.
Star Wars: Battlefront II -- MB-8F01B7DCAB2068D7 - Taken by 3bdelillah. 16 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight Dark Forces II -- MB-EA1B7B3041796F3B - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 5 entrants total.

t1457476114z1.png

Am I weird for not caring about VR at all?

Nope. Not at all.

Yea... chuck was using a 360 controller but it didn't work, freakin' great job guys, we did it.

Haha, seems it is really a 1:1 port then... which leads us to the answer: why would a 360 controller work on a 1:1 port from a PS Vita? It wouldn't; xinput isn't going to be recognized by something that expects dinput. I think Chuck needs a different controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom