• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
poop
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shadowrun Chronicles - Boston Lockdown -- MB-579ED9182247DAAC - Taken by 3bdelillah. 5 entrants total.
WARMACHINE Tactics - Mercenaries Faction Bundle -- MB-7DAA307D63C043B6 - Taken by Regginator. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
WARMACHINE Tactics -- MB-8081AA0383CE6592 - Taken by rainking187. 3 entrants total.

t1457469994z1.png

chronomac

Enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Oceanhorn: Monster of the Uncharted Seas -- MB-434A8F814EBA60F1 - Taken by William Bonney. 11 entrants total.
Shadowrun Chronicles: Boston Lockdown -- MB-DBB864EE1B4F287C - Taken by Red Hood. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
WARMACHINE Tactics -- MB-3F4216FC99B4BB7B - Taken by Regginator. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
WARMACHINE Tactics: Mercenaries Faction Bundle -- MB-8A94E7B08667EC5E - Taken by Purkake4

t1457470234z1.png

yuraya

I would love for From Software to get away from the Souls franchise if it meant they'd develop more games.

Their output went from 3-4 games a year to 1-2 every couple years, which is pretty disappointing.

Then again, I really like their Souls games...hmm conflicted.

Miyazaki did a interview with gamespot not too long ago and the way he worded basically sounds like they are done with the Medieval Dark Fantasy setting. The Souls formula will however live on in their next game which could be Sci-Fi or something else. He wouldn't say.

My guess is they make Bloodborne 2 or a new Sci-Fi ip. They have 2 teams so they can do both at the same time. I think a proper Western with some fantasy would work as well with Souls formula.

Riot just bought Radiant (Rising Thunder, Stonehearth) for an unnamed project. Valve needs to buy someone and make that Dota fighting game before League of Fighters comes out.

A fighting game with a MOBA roster is a such a no-brainer, really wonder how it's not a thing yet. Also, interesting you mention Valve acquire/hire anyone. They haven't done that since the last decade.

Jadax

A fighting game with a MOBA roster is a such a no-brainer, really wonder how it's not a thing yet. Also, interesting you mention Valve acquire/hire anyone. They haven't done that since the last decade.
Big fan of dota. Would still prefer if they came out with HL3. Hell, I'd even be willing to see dota 2 die if it means we get HL3 :(

Naarmight

So Valve just need to go get Lab Zero Games to keep up

We will probably find out that Riot just wanted Radiant for some random tech and nothing to do with fighting games at all

On a scale of Telltale game <-> Grim Fandango what level of puzzle fuckery is involved with The Longest Journey?

I've always wanted to play the Dreamfall games and the new bundle convinced me to finally take the series on.

This will be ever so slightly OT, I think, but I'm not sure where else to ask...

...but does anyone know what they call those floating head reaction images? Like, just the reaction head? Michael Jordan's crying face, Stephen A. Smith smug face, etc.

This will be ever so slightly OT, I think, but I'm not sure where else to ask...

...but does anyone know what they call those floating head reaction images? Like, just the reaction head? Michael Jordan's crying face, Stephen A. Smith smug face, etc.

Coli smileys I think?

Because they're from that forum, The Coli.

Catshade

On a scale of Telltale game <-> Grim Fandango what level of puzzle fuckery is involved with The Longest Journey?

I've always wanted to play the Dreamfall games and the new bundle convinced me to finally take the series on.

There is one (in)famous puzzle early in the game involving a rubber ducky, but the rest of the puzzles are quite easy for me IMHO.

I bought Oceanhorn during the last sale and I can't get into it.

Now it's in a bundle for a dollar, after I paid $7+ for it. That just twists the knife something hardcore.

JarrodL

I had to use a guide a couple times to get through the Longest Journey, so definitely Grim Fandango.

By the way, a free tip while we're talking TLJ: if you see black screen instead of ingame cinematics and you have NVidia GPU, try disabling DSR (unticking all 'extra' resolutions) in NVidia control panel. Broke my head a while ago trying to figure out why damn videos won't play...

Phawx

Gears is like $13 USD on the russian store.

I just went through the steps to get it for $13. Man. I should have recorded it because it was hilarious.

Also Amex fraud detection is ON POINT! The second I pushed accept or whatever the Russian word for accept is, I got a call right that second.

AHA-Lambda

Closer to GF, the rubber ducky puzzle near the start of the game is infamous.

Regardless, it's a great game to playthrough, even if you do keep your nose in a guide; it's my favourite of the series :)

The second game? The puzzles were pretty non-existent. It's a painfully poor third person adventure game nowadays. Dreamfall Chapters is somewhere inbetween the previous two.

Well im not going to just skip the middle game so i'll breeze through it as quickly as possible if that is the case

I had to use a guide a couple times to get through the Longest Journey, so definitely Grim Fandango.

By the way, a free tip while we're talking TLJ: if you see black screen instead of ingame cinematics and you have NVidia GPU, try disabling DSR (unticking all 'extra' resolutions) in NVidia control panel. Broke my head a while ago trying to figure out why damn videos won't play...

Noted!

Does anyone know if The Division has anything that stops it being refunded? Really want to try it out. JaseC has told me in the past that it tells you if you're buying anything that can't be refunded but I'd just like to double check, as I would pick it elsewhere to play with friends if I enjoy it :)

zkylon

zkylewd

grim fandango esque for sure, but without the humor or wit. just boring, convoluted and annoying puzzles with no payoff. at least grim usually gave u a gag for ur troubles

then the game's very story heavy in between puzzles with a lot of dialogue options and character interactions which can be really good if the setting and characters are appealing to you

personally i didn't care for either but that's a preference thing i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom