• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

€991 including shipping for the Vive here. I'm gonna wait, but I'm very much interested in VR.

Also, first post on a new page, SUPERHOT IS THE MOST INNOVATIVE SHOOTER YOU'VE EVER SEEN. Bought it at Nuuvem today. You should to, for reasons.

Thanks but I was too slow.
That does get daily restocks so hopefully you have better luck tomorrow. Still I wonder why the page saves 1000 when the URL says 5000. Does that mean 5000 overall and 1000 a day or did it start with 5000 and get restocks of 1000.

€991 including shipping for the Vive here. I'm gonna wait, but I'm very much interested in VR.
Let's check the UK...
Sold Out - Sorry this item has sold out - please check back in a little while and we'll have more.
To be frank I wouldn't blame them if they decided not to have pre-orders due to the volatility of the £ right now

Preordered the Oculus now. Still would love to have a Vive, but alas, its 200€ more expensive than the Rift here now...

Hi Kevin,
Thanks for your order!
This email confirms that we've received your preorder of the Oculus Rift.

AlanOC91

I want to buy the HTC Vive after my holiday in April but by the time it's actually out will any AAA games have VR support?

I'm looking at you Alien Isolation.

Has this been talked about yet? Steam Rental?

bH6YtwK.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of abracadaver, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (abracadaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Resident Evil Revelations -- MB-6B3C337F9511DA72 - Taken by Phawx. 9 entrants total.
Viking: Battle for Asgard -- MB-653187C55719575E
ARK: Survival Evolved -- MB-6D6BCE1959687BEA - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 28 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Alien: Isolation -- MB-FA004C2877E29B71 - Taken by Kiru. 23 entrants total.
Harvester -- MB-C6E22CE7220BFDA9 - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Chroma Squad -- MB-F7C69504204F0377 - Taken by Seraphis Cain. 29 entrants total.
Titan Soulss -- MB-774358D01D98B3CA - Taken by Alien8. 13 entrants total.
Lethal League -- MB-E4138F476B55BA67 - Taken by Sch1sm. 12 entrants total.
Outlast -- MB-E280697E0B976FA9 - Taken by Afro. 1 entrants total.
A Story About My Uncle -- MB-86AE5667AE9789A5 - Taken by Wok. 1 entrants total.
Tomb Raider 2 -- MB-BB892ABAB0CC1052 - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Tomb Raider 3 -- MB-3B5279A5645B62DD - Taken by Boss Doggie. 1 entrants total.
Risk of Rain -- MB-B43F6EE5A5080966 - Taken by hannes. 1 entrants total.
Tomb Raider 1 -- MB-E0C62A26F6C06522 - Taken by zerokoolpsx. 1 entrants total.
NIGHTS Into Dreams -- MB-4C97FD45D5ABB2F3 - Taken by Starwolf_UK. 2 entrants total.
Super Meat Boy -- MB-78D966D3BD330823 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Ashes of the Singularity -- MB-E6CC7D77309A4915 - Taken by bigzgod. 23 entrants total.
Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-7409F1E2984F9B7B - Taken by data. 4 entrants total.
Ultra Street Figher IV -- MB-3AD53D3E23291420 - Taken by bloke. 12 entrants total.
Speedrunners -- MB-0992F5FA70705D6E - Taken by Zeeman. 1 entrants total.
Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-43278D5757E28C0E - Taken by Whooter. 14 entrants total.

t1456764884z1.png

Knurek

Font improvement fan patch for Danganronpa!
Yay!
Those kerning issues were seriously annoying. Now it's all good!

Dr Dogg

What if I could rent out my own games, for a price I set, with a percentage going to the devs/Valve. Although might be a few hiccups with stuff removed from Steam although they would probably be the most in demand. The likes of Jase would be filthy rich.

rtcn63

Dead Space 1 doesn't let you play Impossible (Zealot) difficulty without have a completed game file first. On hard, it's pretty much a cake walk. I'm running a bit low on plasma energy, but that's it.

Also, I never really used the Force Gun in this series. Didn't know that it's effectively a shotgun, though a very weak one. (Unupgraded)

What if I could rent out my own games, for a price I set, with a percentage going to the devs/Valve. Although might be a few hiccups with stuff removed from Steam although they would probably be the most in demand. The likes of Jase would be filthy rich.

judging by the amount of games Jase has and rate at which he continues to acquire new ones, he's either already loaded or in incredible, life destroying debt.

not sure that simply renting games would resolve the latter and he certainly doesn't have to engage in any business if the former is true

Okay Steam. So if I go to my activity feed > friend activity settings > un-tick everything related to groups I belong to then why do I still get the pop-up notifications of such group related shit? Is there something I missed that actually allows me to disable the pop-up notification?
I know the real solution is don't stay joined to shit groups but in most other services you can actually mute things. Also most things when you set yourself as busy will hide such things too.

If the group is for a speific game go to the community hub page and unfollow it at the top right of the screen.

septicore

HTC Vive $817.27
Estimated Shipping $110.00
Sub-Total: $927.27

That's in AUD.

VR gaming will have to wait for me, way too expensive for my liking.

accel

Great to see a new thread. Pity lashman is nowhere to be seen, trying to substitute desperately with browsing the Upcoming queue regularly, swearing profusely...

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need 500 or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Belladonna -- MB-D38555B732FA71F0 - Taken by Saty

Bundle fodder.

accel

I am wondering about something.

Take a look at, for example, this game:

They say they have "over 50 million players".

How can this be true? Do they count something stupid like the total number of downloads since day 1 (they are F2P)? Do they just write "50 million" because it sounds cool? Or do they really have those 50 million players and I am missing something big? (Then again, that's not the only game that does it.)

Messiah

How can this be true? Do they count something stupid like the number of downloads for some free module? Do they just write "50 million" because it sounds cool? Or do they really have those 50 million players and I am missing something big? (Then again, that's not the only game that does it.)
I think this was a popular browser game, so it is probably 50 million created accounts if I had to guess.

How can this be true? Do they count something stupid like the total number of downloads since day 1 (they are F2P)? Do they just write "50 million" because it sounds cool? Or do they really have those 50 million players and I am missing something big? (Then again, that's not the only game that does it.)

Usually it means how many accounts created. Maplestory did it with it's marketing a lot too.

Finished Zeno Clash 2.

Well, that was a hell of a thing. It really feels like a lost late 90s FPS, there's something to the simply out-there nature of the game that made me want to play heretic or something like that.

I just wished they had worked on the combat some more. I found it way too clunky for how often they wanted me to fight. If only it was more like Riddick, which i remember feeling pretty damn good wrt the first person melee stuff.

Moving on now, i guess i'll sneak in the Never Alone DLC tonight to make that the eleventh game/piece of content i've finished in 2016

Parsnip

Bundle junk.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Parsnip, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Blue Rose -- MB-E1D2021EF78AFDD4 - Taken by ctw0e
Orion: A Sci-Fi Visual Novel -- MB-F31FF4993DAC7FD6 - Taken by dave is ok
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-78C4642666669DCE - Taken by blackcrane
Divine Slice of Life -- MB-FD262E65CCAC9BF1 - Taken by Dusk Golem
Beach Bounce -- MB-43DD7CA18361280F - Taken by Kuroyume

dex3108

Rainbow Six Siege Patch 2.2

The translation of these patch notes will be coming shortly. Since the patch will be live soon, we have opted to share the information as soon as we could. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Take note that we will be releasing Patch 2.2 on March 1st for PC and on March 8th for consoles. Thank you for your understanding.

Patch 2.2’s main goal is to ensure a solid competitive experience before the start of the Rainbow Six Pro League. Its content is focused on elements such as cheating, exploits and spawn killing counter-measures as well as minor tweaks and bug fixes
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...AR2016-for-PC-8MAR2016-for-Console?p=11422488

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom