• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erekiddo

I was able to grab the deluxe edition before the price went up. ~$7 difference.

Have no idea what this is, but I'll give it a shot.

Vuze

What the hell is Nvidia up to lately, AMD cards really seem to shine in the latest games if you compare competitive models (GTX 970 vs R9 390)... atleast that's my general perception from the recent releases

UvUrtsh.png
from http://www.computerbase.de/2016-02/...abschnitt_benchmarks_von_full_hd_bis_ultra_hd

FLD

Shadwen demo event is over

id buy it at that price.

Nice, yeah, me too. The demo was a bit rough around the edges but I enjoyed what was there.

Wonder how close to launch it actually is, though. I can't find a release date anywhere and it could definitely use some more work. Plus, this demo event seems like something you would do close to launch.

zkylon

zkylewd
i find that superhot marketing campaign thingie really annoying tbh

it's like one of those facebook "annoy your friends so you can get 100 supergamecoins!!!" things

Lomax

it's like one of those facebook "annoy your friends so you can get 100 supergamecoins!!!" things

And aren't referrals ban worthy on Gaf? Or is this not actual referrals and just some sort of bizarre viral fad people are buying into? Either way, it's starting to turn me off towards the game quite a bit.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'd like to take a moment and thank Tizoc for getting banned. If I hadn't checked his post history after noticing he'd gotten banned in a different thread, I wouldn't have seen abracadaver's giveaway post in here and therefore wouldn't have won Chroma Squad, which I've wanted for a long time.

So hey, thanks Tizoc! Hope you're back soon!

MUnited83

For you.
And aren't referrals ban worthy on Gaf? Or is this not actual referrals and just some sort of bizarre viral fad people are buying into? Either way, it's starting to turn me off towards the game quite a bit.
You get exactly nothing from people getting the discount from you so its not really a referral

Wok

It is not referral. It is "we need you to spread the word how great our game is".

Bundle Stars Artifex Mundi: Enigmatis Bundle $2.49

Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek
Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood
Dark Heritage: Guardians of Hope
Time Mysteries 2: The Ancient Spectres
Time Mysteries 3: The Final Enigma
Fairy Tale Mysteries 2: The Beanstalk
Demon Hunter: Chronicles from Beyond

Great deal!

hesho

What the hell is Nvidia up to lately, AMD cards really seem to shine in the latest games if you compare competitive models (GTX 970 vs R9 390)... atleast that's my general perception from the recent releases

from http://www.computerbase.de/2016-02/...abschnitt_benchmarks_von_full_hd_bis_ultra_hd

i think what it shows is that nvidia clearly optimizes their drivers for games. The reason why the beta/intial results are so in favour of amd is because nvidia hasn't optimized anything yet.

what i do wonder is what is up with their ashes results (async performance).

Vuze

The only one who profits from these links is the one who grabs the coupon code (and well, the dev of the game). Not really a referral.

giphy.gif

I gave my personal info away so you don't have to!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sparkle 2 Evo -- MB-963FC5C2B066E51F - Taken by Madn. 2 entrants total.
solar flux -- MB-43270E705586C222 - Taken by Starwolf_UK. 2 entrants total.

t1456772388z1.png

Wok

Aerocrane

anyone played sunrider academy?

that game looks kinda cool

It's not very good. The story and art are alright, but the stat grinding sucks and the events seem random at times. There isn't enough story and character interactions for four playthroughs if you want to go for all routes, it gets real boring.

rtcn63

Dead Space has crashed on me twice from Chapter 5 onwards. I was able to play 2 and 3 without a single crash IIRC.

EdmondD

Yeah, it is annoying but I figure someone would want to use the coupon.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

Wok

Dup'.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Wok:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart -- MB-C499AAACE1539276 - Taken by ExoSoul

rtcn63

I'm sticking with the Nvidia route, performance to price ratio be damned. Owned two ATI cards before, and anecdotal, but this one hasn't caused me anywhere near as much issue. (Yes I just posted about a game crashing)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The rift between 970 and 390 is real. Damn.

I've been really happy with my 390X so far, glad I upgraded. Hopefully it'll be good for another few years.

Lomax

I would say a lot of "new" PC gamers bought the 970 thinking it will allow them to play games for 7-8 years.

And it certainly will, to a point. I ran a 5770 for almost five years, and it was a $160 card when I bought it. It was only in the last year I started hitting games that it just wouldn't run at all. The 970 for 1080p (which is what any budget conscious gamer is almost certainly running) will be fine for just as long. I paid around $260 for my 970 last November and I've been very happy with it and very much doubt I'll update it in the next three or less years. Anyone who bought it when it first came out got another year out of it. Now, would I buy a 970 now for $350? Of course not, it's 18 months old. Hell, there was a time that was an entire generation. Besides, AMD cards have always been better benchmark for the dollar. But I had nothing but weird issues with mine for years so switching to Nvidea was well worth it, and when the 970 released, it was the best price/power card we've seen on the market in a very long time.

zkylon

zkylewd
idk about banning, i just find it annoying and it's actually making me dislike the game because of how spammy it is

I played it and in terms of Visual Novels its kinda... bad. I mean not the story, but some scenes are quite random and the "daily learning, part time job" etc. feels grindy after about 1 hour.
It's not very good. The story and art are alright, but the stat grinding sucks and the events seem random at times. There isn't enough story and character interactions for four playthroughs if you want to go for all routes, it gets real boring.
ahh alright, thanks for the impressions

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've been really happy with my 390X so far, glad I upgraded. Hopefully it'll be good for another few years.

If you don't mind knocking down a few settings here and there, I imagine it will be. 8GB VRAM should at least be able to see you through the rest of the current console generation, I'd say.

I would say a lot of "new" PC gamers bought the 970 thinking it will allow them to play games for 7-8 years.

Consoles don't even have that lifespan.
How in the hell would someone think a 970/980 would be "futureproof" for 7-8 years?
What planet is this?

idk about banning, i just find it annoying and it's actually making me dislike the game because of how spammy it is

ahh alright, thanks for the impressions

The people who post that, straight up with the template and all choose to do so. It's not like SUPERHOT has some login for GAF integration. :lol
That said, it goes back to reading the thread and nobody doing it before posting. Maybe they think they're being helpful, but with 60 other people having done it (hyperbole), I'm pretty sure someone could find a discount URL if they were so incline... y'know, if they just didn't VPN and buy it from Nuuvem instead.

Speaking of nobody reading anything, why are the section banners/header images misspelling "useful" as usefule?

It's the AMD counter of a 980Ti with massive RAM. It should hold you for several years.
You can't have the good without the bad. One year your setup is super high, next year benchmarks keep hammering you down. Ah well. It was nice while it lasted.

Ah dang, just checked the tab from yesterday's big raffle. Didn't win ARK. My plan to psychologically deter people didn't work after all!

If it looks like affordable next gen cards are still a year or so away, I'm thinking about getting a 390X with 8 gigs and see if that will get me another 18 months or so. Though my i7 3770 cpu is getting up there. I have it paired with some fairly slow memory because the motherboard doesn't support anything faster.

rtcn63

I guess that it depends on how you define future proof. 1440p 120hz displays and VR? Nope. 1080p 30fps console-ish settings? My 670 is holding it's own. Usually. Kinda.

MUnited83

For you.

Well, I wouldn't say 7/8, but 5/6? Easily. The 970 is a fine card and it will continue to be a fine card for many years, unless you absolutely need to max every single setting every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom