• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
FF IX is in the new releases. No price though.

Yeah. For the third time.
Anyway an interesting thing about FFIX:

https://steamdb.info/app/377840/

In the last weeks there were a lot of testing every day for the game, but since yesterday nobody played the game and 11 hours ago there was an update in the build of the game.
This can mean nothing at all, or maybe they ended every test, updating the build to the final one.

Bundle Stars Artifex Mundi: Enigmatis Bundle $2.49

Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek
Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood
Dark Heritage: Guardians of Hope
Time Mysteries 2: The Ancient Spectres
Time Mysteries 3: The Final Enigma
Fairy Tale Mysteries 2: The Beanstalk
Demon Hunter: Chronicles from Beyond

Durante

I hadn't seen that (or heard about it) before, looks great.

I'm considering a lot of options for setting up a VR space. Perhaps I should make a thread about that, but I don't want it to descend into pro/contra room scale bickering.

Phawx

You Irish Phawx? Can't imagine that making sense any other way.

I am part Australian so there might be some Irish in there some where. Just people I know or worked with that had those names. (They were Irish).

In other news, I think I'm going to give Stardew Valley another chance but this time I'm going to use the controller. KB/M is way too much control for this type of game, so I think I'll try it laid back.

I'm considering a lot of options for setting up a VR space. Perhaps I should make a thread about that, but I don't want it to descend into pro/contra room scale bickering.

There's not a whole lot you can do about that. Ignore the ones that do, keep the talk going with the ones that don't.

I say go for it, especially if it's the kind of discussion I think you're referring to: room layout ideas, furniture that jives well, etc.

I'd follow that, even though I'm not jumping into VR at this stage of the game. I might be too attached to the old school style. I mean, I finally picked up Skyward Sword as the only Zelda I hadn't played and I'm so, so close to ragequitting it over the implementation of motion controls. After finally beating the first boss...

Zeknurn

If you can make a VR thread that doesn't devolve into a console war thread I'll eat my hat.

Embark on your greatest adventure to Planet Centauri! Explore hidden dungeons, capture and tame monsters, build and protect a NPC community, craft your own weapons, and create your own magic spells! Develop and raise the planet Centauri to the heavens as the cradle of a new civilization!

This sounds quite interesting! Some of the screens give me megaman vibes

FF IX is in the new releases. No price though.

It's coming

latest

Nzyme32

Unfortunately there is practically a guaranteed certainty of that with the people so ingrained with the platform warring of their preferred choice.

Wizard of Legend is a fast paced 2D dungeon crawler where you assume the role of a powerful wizard on his quest for fame and glory! Combine powerful spells and quick reflexes to become a Wizard of Legend!
Another new page! :eek:

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
are they making Civ VI or is BE still a thing

also snagged TR3, my favorite TR next to Rev. thanks!

Ludens

Banned
They can't keep getting away with this.

Well, this would be the third time. Also I remember someone posting SE told in a Stream FFIX would be released in February. Bah.
EDIT: Well, it's 19.00 right now and nothing. SE trolled hard again.
EDIT 2: Now the game is in upcoming section again, but it's the first game :l

Dr Dogg

Unfortunately there is practically a guaranteed certainty of that with the people so ingrained with the platform warring of their preferred choice.

One of the Hover Junkers devs had a vid up the otherday which was linked on the Steam VR page going into some room setups and how much space you'd need for their game. Gave some tips for setups with limited space too.

Ludens

Banned
Square Enix is probably just making sure the PC version is top notch.

Maybe the port is so bad even for their low standars they feel ashamed to ask money for it.
EDIT: Now it is in new releases again. What's happening, someone is drunk in SE.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I see the Star Trek games are in the weeklong deals section, thinking about picking them up. 30% is kinda weaksauce though, since they've already been 60% off on GOG.

GaussTek

So, Square keeps adding dates even if the game isn't going to be released. Looks like they don't have an idea of what they are doing.

Now, FFIX should have been released alongside the mobile releases, not fan of this "maybe some people will double dip" shitty practice... unless they are really "improving" the PC version in some way or something (which is highly unlikely).

Ludens

Banned
So, Square keeps adding dates even if the game isn't going to be released. Looks like they don't have an idea of what they are doing.

Now, FFIX should have been released alongside the mobile releases, not fan of this "maybe some people will double dip" shitty practice... unless they are really "improving" the PC version in some way or something (which is highly unlikely).

I think they don't know what they are doing. The game keeps switching between upcoming games and new releases.
If they have no release date yet, just put a december 2016 release and update the thing when you have secure info about it.
In the stream they told the game would be released in February, the month is now over.
I don't know what the problem is: maybe the port is a mess and they are trying to fix it, or maybe really they are just waiting for people to double dip on it (if you check Steam community hub or even GAF, plenty of people already told they will do exactly this).

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I think I can wait another couple of years to see if VR actually takes off. There's been a handful of games I'd like to try, but I have neither the space nor the money to jump in right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom