• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I disagree.

Yes a technical alpha that could only improve.

Struggle indeed.

Like I really want inconsistent artwork to a degree more than CvS2.

I don't see how the IP isn't interesting for more avenues. Since half the time it gets brought up the main complaint is "LoL looks cool but I don't play Moba". As for the struggle didn't know it was just a technical alpha. I only played a little bit of it and thought they were going a F2P fighter. I liked it but I didn't see it ever going very far. If the team indeed had a big IP to work with the same gameplay of rising star I think that would be cool. I mean it sucks that you lose robots I know you like but it better than nothing I would say for the team.

Vibranium

Banned
Good luck to everyone in or out of Steam-GAF, I had this key lying around and Psychonauts is awesome so yeah, someone's got to play this at some point!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vibranium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Psychonauts -- MB-52A082ACDC622D0B - Taken by Puck Beaverton. 6 entrants total.

t1457572595z1.png

I don't see how the IP isn't interesting for more avenues. Since half the time it gets brought up the main complaint is "LoL looks cool but I don't play Moba". As for the struggle didn't know it was just a technical alpha. I only played a little bit of it and thought they were going a F2P fighter. I liked it but I didn't see it ever going very far. If the team indeed had a big IP to work with the same gameplay of rising star I think that would be cool. I mean it sucks that you lose robots I know you like but it better than nothing I would say for the team.

It's not about losing robots. It's about losing a fighter that would have catered to making a fighting game more accessible to people in terms of inputs. HINT HINT JAW THIS MIGHT BE RELATED TO YOU. With a much better netcode than the current version of GGPO and now that has be done with another game. That was going to be the showcase of it and now it's gone.

Jawmuncher

It's not about losing robots. It's about losing a fighter that would have catered to making a fighting game more accessible to people in terms of inputs. HINT HINT JAW THIS MIGHT BE RELATED TO YOU. With a much better netcode than the current version of GGPO and now that has be done with another game. That was going to be the showcase of it and now it's gone.

That's what I was saying. What if the team is making a LoL fighter based of their ideas for Rising Storm though? That's what I was getting at. Popularity of LoL plus the change of fighting style seems like a good way to get a lot of players.

Plus I only have trouble with charges in games aside from Skillgirls

That's what I was saying. What if the team is making a LoL fighter based of their ideas for Rising Storm though? That's what I was getting at. Popularity of LoL plus the change of fighting style seems like a good way to get a lot of players.

It will not be as popular as the actual MOBA though I think. You will get some people from the main game but, I don't think enough to sustain it. I guess if it is actually good enough it will be fine.

I am just not a fan of LoL's characters or Riot really.

It's interesting that Dreamfall Chapters got bundled before Dreamfall The Longest Journey did. I wonder if that could be a bonus though.

BHK3

Banned
I thought everyone was super hyped for The Division and this was truly the one

It's the usual ubisoft cycle. UPLAY TRASH WON'T BUY then I see them in the B/S/T thread asking for a key. WILL BUY IN 6 MONTHS WHEN ITS FIXED AND IRONED OUT and their giving impressions day one. DOWNGRADED WON'T BUY etc. etc. Happens with every AC game as well.

emptyroom

Neo Member
Update claims no more zombie steam controllers, woo-hoo frustrated the hell out of my that I had to keep the dongle unplugged until I wanted to use it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Anno, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Anno, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shadowrun: Dragonfall -- MB-E4C06DA3A46DC73E - Taken by kagamin. 11 entrants total.

t1457493275z1.png

So with Total Warhammer's delay, what tier of trainwreck will it be on release? Almost every game Creative Assembly's released in the last five years has had serious issues at launch.

And to think, just recently I was reminiscing about Endless Online, a free-to-play MMO made by a tiny indie tean that had a similar pathing problem. It was always an understandable oversight in their case, but for Ubisoft it seems like a bizarre rookie mistake.

Ubisoft, your commitment to immersion and authenticity at the expensive of everything else is as impressive as it is shortsighted.

Uraizen

Banned
? Danganronpa was by Abstraction Games. They don't seem to be credited anywhere on the Mind Zero page so you might be confused.

I don't see Abstraction Games name anywhere in the store page. I also find it hard to believe they would deliver something like this after successfully porting a mobile game from a PS Vita port of a PSP game to Steam. Only reason I could give if it is indeed them was that they were denied assets to work with.

Ah, it lists Abstraction as one of the devs instead of Abstraction Games. Whoops.

Oh gosh, that was them. I completely forgot.

...I still expect disaster, but this reminds me that I need to get AI some day.
Its performance on consoles was ok, my 750Ti could run it on high at double the fps of the console version, don't know what went wrong during the development process.

sadblob

We are really sorry but Golden Joystick store is currently not available in your country.

:(

Well, using a VPN solved that, but I find this strange:
The key will be available and useable 4 March 2016 until 31 March 2016
Does that mean you get the game in that timespan, or if you activate the key you get it forever? I guess the most obvious is the latter, but you could argue there's room for doubt.

Also, they ask you for your steam id, I guess they'll see I'm not actually from the UK. One can always hope...

Eila

Should have used the steam API to check if you really owned the game. I feel bad for the person trying to check each account manually (If they do it at all).
Not to mention there's a surprisingly huge amount of people that don't know what their steam ID is.

zkylon

zkylewd
i would love some sort of turn based final fantasy tactics esque strategy game in the league universe with league characters as hero units. i'd prefer it not to be multiplayer cos i don't like playing with other ppl but multiplayer is rito's area of expertise so i guess they'll want to stick to that stuff

Not like there is a consistent style that could be disrupted,so sure why not :v
this is the second time i've seen this comment in a few days

what's inconsistent about league's style

and don't show me a picture from like 5 years ago

It's Riots main property. In fact it's the companies only actual game. It is the main point of revenue. Due to this they had enough money to buy Radiant. And they will probably be made to work on something League related but that's speculation.

So yes.

It is all League's fault.
i mean like

you don't blame like call of duty because tony hawk 5 is crap tho

like i can understand being upset your game is being randomly shut down cos that actually sounds super sucky but it's not league's fault -__-

It will not be as popular as the actual MOBA though I think. You will get some people from the main game but, I don't think enough to sustain it. I guess if it is actually good enough it will be fine.

I am just not a fan of LoL's characters or Riot really.
this is kind a silly misconception tho

you can't make another league

riot doesn't even want to make another league cos making something that immense would probably just suck players out of real league

Lol 2
developed by a different company entirely. Heroes are now named after their class.

100% original concept. Do not steal pls.
The problem with that commitment is that it is only skin deep. All the game mechanics and sensibilities are totally gamey.

I haven't actually played a modern Ubisoft game. But I certainly believe it.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Father_Brain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

t1cxE6r.gif
WARMACHINE Tactics -- MB-672A49DB6D7E0274 - Taken by NightmareTrigger
Insurgency -- MB-4D6254DAB96F9B09 - Taken by PAUonePUNCH
Shadowrun Chronicles - Boston Lockdown -- MB-8BB622CE1111E600 - Taken by Costa1774
WARMACHINE Tactics - Mercenaries Faction Bundle -- MB-FEAD764FD4AF9E04 - Taken by Ludens
Nether: Resurrected -- MB-DDDF15EFD6B85205 - Taken by bobnowhere
King Arthur's Gold -- MB-981DA5F11576A069 - Taken by rainking187

Salsa

I launched Stardew Valley and now its like 6 hours later

i'll say this tho; im not even sure if im having fun

its just hard to put down

i mean like

you don't blame like call of duty because tony hawk 5 is crap tho

like i can understand being upset your game is being randomly shut down cos that actually sounds super sucky but it's not league's fault -__-
You lost me with the bolded part. My point was it being inside of Riot it is League's fault but, sure I guess it isn't completely.
this is kind a silly misconception tho

you can't make another league

riot doesn't even want to make another league cos making something that immense would probably just suck players out of real league

No one was talking about making another league though, buddy.

Messiah

this is the second time i've seen this comment in a few days

what's inconsistent about league's style

and don't show me a picture from like 5 years ago
It just feels like they are trying hard to put like every trope into the game. Then there are some of the skins that seem to have no rhyme or reason to them but to cater to a bunch of fanbases.
I also feel like it would be hard for someone who isn't deep into the game to put together that those characters all belong to the same game just by looking at their designs.
I don't think a giant Rising Thunder mech would feel that outlandish in LoL if they would just put it into the game without changing its design much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom