• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone play Warframe? I dabbled in Darksector a little in the last week and it made me curious. What would you say to someone that basically never plays online with others, and also needs to quit out at a moments notice?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well, I just got finished selling everything in my inventory that's worth more than $0.30, since after tomorrow I'd have to wait over two weeks to get the money. Now I've got about $25 to spend, thinking of seeing what all the fuss is about Stardew Valley but kinda don't want to considering it seems to be a long game that's sucking people in.

zkylon

zkylewd
You lost me with the bolded part. My point was it being inside of Riot it is League's fault but, sure I guess it isn't completely.
it's not a hostile takeover, ppl making rising thunder sold their company willingly and ppl making league probably didn't have a say in it

i can understand being upset over losing a game you like or whatever but i feel you're being unreasonable

No one was talking about making another league though, buddy.
you compared "league fighting game" or whatever riot+those guys make to actual league, saying quote "it will not be as popular as the actual moba". as in, a) it might not be a good game on its own as to have its own fanbase and b) it'll aspire to have league-like numbers.

so yeah, riot isn't interested in making another league-sized game, they'll make something smaller, that's maybe complimentary to the main game or maybe that's something else entirely. they've even said their next thing was probably not gonna be on the league universe (sadly)

i'm sure they want to make games that have an overlap in fanbases so they won't like straight up make a trucking simulator but they won't even try to make something as big as league cos tbh you really can't make something as big as league. it's too freaking huge, aspiring to those numbers is a ridiculous proposition. not being league doesn't mean it's not a success, it just means it's a normal game and not an amazing incomprehensible behemoth

also pls don't be condescent when ppl is being respectful to you, it's not a good look

It just feels like they are trying hard to put like every trope into the game. Then there are some of the skins that seem to have no rhyme or reason to them but to cater to a bunch of fanbases.
when's the last time you saw a champion release? "tropey" champions haven't been a thing for a while now, even tho they're doing known archetypes and the like (like every other game out there)

skins are just skins, every game with skins allows itself to be silly and fun or they'll be ultimately boring. say doto has cool announcer packs and crazy couriers and a skin with a puppy. hots has similar things too

I also feel like it would be hard for someone who isn't deep into the game to put together that those characters all belong to the same game just by looking at their designs.

I don't think a giant Rising Thunder mech would feel that outlandish in LoL if they would just put it into the game without changing its design much.
yeah, i agree (in fact, there are mecha skins in the game already and they look pretty at home in it). but that's just the way league is conceived, the league universe is just a very loose place where everything is possible. just look at the last two champions

maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

there might be little to tie them as far as one's a gun dude and the other's a crazy galatic dragon but they do share a style and they both feel right next to each other, specially in the game. there's a whimsical comic-book kind of thing going on and it shows in like colors and design and animation and voice acting and lore and all that stuff. the style is cohesive, even if the variety is kind of insane. characters are always intense and colorful, in striking action poses with exaggerated animation and all that

that's kind of the whole point, the league universe exists as an excuse to create fun and cool looking characters. there's no complicated overarching story or whatever, the league of legends as an entity was actually retconned out of the game not long ago and there's literally no justification for why these people are fighting each other

but i wouldn't say it's not cohesive, specially in the las 3 or so years. yeah there's renmnants of not so great days what with the random ninjas and the slutty cop skin and whatever, but they're working on it.

Well, I just got finished selling everything in my inventory that's worth more than $0.30, since after tomorrow I'd have to wait over two weeks to get the money. Now I've got about $25 to spend, thinking of seeing what all the fuss is about Stardew Valley but kinda don't want to considering it seems to be a long game that's sucking people in.
Don't do it

Buy Slain instead.

zkylon

zkylewd
Does League still use Adobe Air for its launcher? That's the thing that's kept me from reinstalling it... for years now.
yeah, tho there's a new launcher on beta now that should be launching soonish

i always feel bad for adobe air, it's not really adobe air's fault that the launcher sucks so hard, it's just a really poorly built client

yeah, tho there's a new launcher on beta now that should be launching soonish

i always feel bad for adobe air, it's not really adobe air's fault that the launcher sucks so hard, it's just a really poorly built client

I think the last time I inquired about this it was in beta. Huh.

Looking forward to it. I'll dust off Nightmare Cho'gath and die horribly. It'll be fun!

Don't pass up what may be GotY so far :p

zkylon

zkylewd
double finished the witness (518+85 is my final count)

no questions are answered but i don't think the game ever pretended to

i'm gonna think a bit more about it over these days, but yeah, it's truly something else and i finally understand brian moriarty when he said last year that the witness was gonna rekk some shit

very interesting game, well worth the wait

I think the last time I inquired about this it was in beta. Huh.

Looking forward to it. I'll dust off Nightmare Cho'gath and die horribly. It'll be fun!

it's been in development forever but just now it's making it's hands to actual closed beta players

the switch to the new client should be in this half of the year

Humble Extras.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jiggaloboy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shadowrun Chronicles - Boston Lockdown -- MB-90EC969F1CFB1E74 - Taken by texhnolyze. 6 entrants total.
Shadowrun: Dragonfall -- MB-DFAC4C7DE40D6F68 - Taken by oipic. 10 entrants total.

t1457517301z1.png

Derp

I have a question regarding the golden joystick free dark souls thingy. It asks for my Steam ID. Is that the id that's in my custom url? Or do I have another Steam ID that I'm not aware of?

Edit: Never mind I think I found it o.o

Soulflarz

Banned
I have a question regarding the golden joystick free dark souls thingy. It asks for my Steam ID. Is that the id that's in my custom url? Or do I have another Steam ID that I'm not aware of?

Edit: Never mind I think I found it o.o

I'm unsure they even care

Tizoc

Finished the first game and honestly not in a hurry to play the second game. May release date would be great
Sweet, one more user to add to the GIVEAWAY OF DESPAIR 2- MONOKUMA GIGOLO block list~
Thank u for caring so much for ur fellow gaffers :3

Corpekata

Banned
Saw an update was pending for Azure Striker Gunvolt. Checked the news. It's kinda weird how much they've supported that game given it doesn't seem to have done that well.

Not that I'm complaining.

Dr Dogg

Did similar and decided to snaffu The Witcher III's Expansion Pass as I can't see it getting a discount until the Summer Sale at least. So I thought I was spending my technically rebated card money wisely but a certain frosty fellow castigates me for it. Damn you activity feed!

Dragonfall is pretty interesting, I think I'll stick on Hard mode for now.

In other news:

I saw that thread and was a little puzzled. Is it just a US/NA thing as I've ordered games from Amazon.co.jp for quite a while. Personally I use CDJapan.co.jp for anything book, dvd, cd or game related as thet tend to be cheaper, can specify exactly what shipping method and what appears on your customs label. Selection is pretty diverse but you need to be quick with some more niche titles as their inventory levels aren't massive. Though my MGS5 special ed was about £42 ordered 2 days before release and still worked out cheaper than standard eds here. Bonus bluray has English subs too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I haven't received my confirmation email since I signed up a month ago when they were running their last giveaway, so good luck :p

My activation e-mail did eventually come through, however by then there were no keys remaining, but I did snag one from the MMORPG giveaway. All's well that ends well.

accel

Installed mobile authenticator, works great so far. Maybe there will be issues in the future, but no real complaints just yet.

Pharaoh Rebirth+ has been known to coming to Steam for a while now, but didn't realize Degica were going to publish it. Store page's up.

This looks great.

ArjanN

Saw an update was pending for Azure Striker Gunvolt. Checked the news. It's kinda weird how much they've supported that game given it doesn't seem to have done that well.

Not that I'm complaining.

Yeah their support for that has been pretty stellar, game deserves more sales IMO. Hope the sequel comes to PC as well.

Dr Dogg

I looked, everywhere else is more expensive for Project Diva X lol. I got a great deal I think.

Ha! Well that's a win-win I guess. Good thing about Amazon though is company wid policies like pre order price guarantee and only charging on dispatch still apply so they are always good for a speculative preorder. Don't know if it's because of the randomness of their shipping methods or UK customs flag them more easily but I invariably get caught up in the customs cycle, even on tax free items here like books.

Dr Dogg

You know while some folks are getting all bent out of shape about Tom Clancy's The Queue I think what we should be focusing on here, that while yes there are anti-social jumping jackarses blocking peoples progress, the fact that so many folks, real human beings, manage to cooperate and form an orderly queue, with no line cutting or pushing in, in a fucking video game of all things, should be commendable for us as a species. Even looking at the Uplay ID Exchange spreadsheet I put up no one selected the Rouge Agent playstyle. Brings a tear to my eye *sniff*.

You know while some folks are getting all bent out of shape about Tom Clancy's The Queue I think what we should be focusing on here, that while yes there are anti-social jumping jackarses blocking peoples progress, the fact that so many folks, real human beings, manage to cooperate and form an orderly queue, with no line cutting or pushing in, in a fucking video game of all things, should be commendable for us as a species. Even looking at the Uplay ID Exchange spreadsheet I put up no one selected the Rouge Agent playstyle. Brings a tear to my eye *sniff*.

I thought they were positioned like that because the game programs spawns like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom