• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanathus

RIP Salsa's mailbox. Also I believe you can only buy a single copy of a game on Nuuvem because it ties it to your account and doesn't let you buy more after that.

Uzzy

You know while some folks are getting all bent out of shape about Tom Clancy's The Queue I think what we should be focusing on here, that while yes there are anti-social jumping jackarses blocking peoples progress, the fact that so many folks, real human beings, manage to cooperate and form an orderly queue, with no line cutting or pushing in, in a fucking video game of all things, should be commendable for us as a species. Even looking at the Uplay ID Exchange spreadsheet I put up no one selected the Rouge Agent playstyle. Brings a tear to my eye *sniff*.

British Simulator 2016: Rule Britannia.

Dr Dogg

Anyway for a new day. "Out for delivery" has been my status update since 10pm last night :(

0xL22nP.png

Submit Your Details Here.

**Spreadsheet Here!**

British Simulator 2016: Rule Britannia.

Speaking of all things British, did you see the quiz on The Gruan this morning, 'How millennial are you'? Apparently I'm a generation Xer with generation Y tenancies. Bottom line is I'm an old git trying to be down with the kids. Going to have to get my Steve Buscemi, 30 Rock outfit on the go to complete the package.

Spares:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SockyJohnson, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Star Wars Jedi Knight Dark Forces II -- MB-011D67DBAAB00124 - Taken by shira
Star Wars: Dark Forces -- MB-1542E333608AC028 - Taken by fuzzy123
Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-ABB8F01C260B64AB - Taken by Popstar

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Heaven Island -- MB-B867E21CE8E800F1 - Taken by Hektor
Lemurzin -- MB-62768E012DAB5401 - Taken by Saty
t1cxE6r.gif
Warmachine Tactics -- MB-2BC2ED5C4A6D2960 - Taken by Jadax
9 Clues 2: The Ward -- MB-B37CEC6F865064D0 - Taken by ExoSoul
Oceanhorn: Monster of the Uncharted Seas -- MB-1072B7D70E73FCD1 - Taken by kagamin
Shadowrun Chronicles: Boston Lockdown -- MB-FDD28ACE4A98DFD5 - Taken by Ludens
Pilot Brothers 2 -- MB-66E87B1A890B3D16 - Taken by rainking187
AR-K -- MB-19BB662BC0D9E045 - Taken by fuzzy123
Aozora Meikyuu -- MB-BE48F9A7C1C8FEA8 - Taken by septicore

Hektor

Talking about Bastion, it's really time for Supergiant to announce a new game. This E3 maybe in one of the big console pubs indiereels?

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Forsaken Uprising -- MB-0F060B6DE2E339C6 - Taken by Henry Swanson

I thought they were positioned like that because the game programs spawns like that?

Is it? Oh well and here's me thinking humanity was on the up.

No, I'm fairly certain that people spawn in a small room behind the desk over there. As far as I can tell this is actually people lining up to take their turn, which is mildly amusing to look at but not required since you can interact with the laptop from various angles around the table.

Speaking of the Division, anyone playing it should pick hard difficulty for the missions you can choose it in. It makes the experience much more interesting. The enemies hit harder and have more health. Last night my group had some pretty tense moments and we actually had to play carefully instead of just mindlessly shooting our way through. Of course this works best with a group of friends you can communicate with.

Thanks. Just bought it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

9 Clues 2 -- MB-4B1E2528EA91146F - Taken by Knurek

Ludens

Banned
How hard is Blood Money on Professional? Are there checkpoints in each mission?
I completed Absolution on the highest difficulty if this can help.

Also a summary of the upcoming MGSV patch:

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=26156

Please note only the knife, some appeal and some adjustments should be free, remaining stuff is for DLC purchasers. The only good thing is the BGM selection, really great stuff here. Sadly, you need to pay for it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Shadowrun Chronicles - Boston Lockdown -- MB-25B96C877C5EFDE6 - Taken by Dragon1893
Pinball FX2 - Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force Pack -- MB-B7C0BFBFE8951D14 - Taken by voodooray
Cashtronauts -- MB-9B1D2B0AFF21D72D - Taken by KenOD

Arthea

Well, I just got finished selling everything in my inventory that's worth more than $0.30, since after tomorrow I'd have to wait over two weeks to get the money. Now I've got about $25 to spend, thinking of seeing what all the fuss is about Stardew Valley but kinda don't want to considering it seems to be a long game that's sucking people in.

do it!
it is very addictive, true and not short by any means, but you can play it in as short sessions as 10 minutes if you wish so, as days are very short and a game saves after every day.
It is a very good game, and being a game you can play for months doesn't make it any worse.

Question is what ratio of the remaining 37.4% idled or +1ed?
My understanding is the +1s are not players so shouldn't count in this number but then the idlers would count as players?

I really don't know thought but I wrote some stuff a fews ago using Raining Blobs (as it has leaderbaords so you can cross correlate with achievements) which implies that the +1s are the majority (or Steam Spy power levels are out by a factor of 4 and nobody redeems indiegala purchases) but man the idling rate of Raining Blobs is brutal (or maybe the difficulty is :( ) considering the most popular achievement has around 6% :(

AHA-Lambda

Finally beat the dealer in Hand of Fate. I am not ashamed now to say I did it on easy cos it still took me a tonne of retries >_>

Really cool game, but fuck sake that difficulty spike at the end is plain BS

Arthea

Finally beat the dealer in Hand of Fate. I am not ashamed now to say I did it on easy cos it still took me a tonne of retries >_>

Really cool game, but fuck sake that difficulty spike at the end is plain BS

I need to finish it too, some day
That ending sounds like stuff of nightmares tho
I don't remember, do you have to restart a game to change difficulty?

unrelated edit:
are market restrictions not up yet?

AHA-Lambda

I need to finish it too, some day
That ending sounds like stuff of nightmares tho
I don't remember, do you have to restart a game to change difficulty?

No, you don't need to restart the game if you want to modify the difficulty. It's done at the deck builder right before you start the next boss run.

Volimar

ForceStrategyGaming did a 24 hour stream and got from 1-30 on the Division in that time. Really hoping the rumored horde-style mode is good. I prefer coop and pve to pvp.

AHA-Lambda

So what's the best deal on The Division right now?

BST is full of buy requests with no one selling, and Salsa literally can't buy keys for everyone here :p
So who's cheapest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom