• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Slaughtering Grounds -- MB-B131972659AA4EBF - Taken by BorntoPlay
Still available.

Messiah

The piecemeal dlcs for Xcom1 were also pretty bad so I am not too disappointed. Did they even fix any of the games problems yet? I know there's a patch coming with the DLC but that seems really late for such a broken game.

Edit: I thought by now people would know better than to fall for Fantomena's ignorance.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

iesabel -- MB-301BC9757C935D08

So guys, new around these parts: Is the verdict in for buying Grey Goo at 12? Yay or nay?

Was initially planning only to fork out for BTA level.
I played the tutorial mission, the game has cool looking cinematic cutscenes, I'm satisfied with my purchase.

And it's 12 for every game in the bundle, there are way worse ways to spend money on entertainment.

Dsyndrome

Martin-freeman-WTF1.gif

https://xcom.com/news/en-xcom-2-recruits-anarchys-children-on-march-17

Included in the Season Pass or $4.99 individually, out March 17.

More interestingly though,
They recruiting from post-apocalyptic Australia?

Anno

I'm all for any new customization options they want to throw out. Hopefully they wrote some new biographies to go along with them, though.

Still available.

lol

Bought The Division after being told there were Aussie servers.
Should be a good weekend!
Anyway:
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SockyJohnson, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

DreadOut -- MB-77C4FC4C497560EF - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.

t1457538363z1.png

Corpekata

Banned
See, that XCOM 2 DLC I like, as I made a lot of weird bandit type characters because I mean, after all, the concept is guerilla warfare so I figured they'd attract a lot of weirdos.

However they looked stupid as hell in the end game armors, totally didn't fit. So I hope they give some alternate looks for the armors themselves or a way to ignore their appearance entirely.

Question about xbox one controller support.

I currently play with only xbox one controller on steam as I dont have a desk. I plug my headphones into the controller and they work flawlessly.

However I am thinking of buying a "headset" for division and the like. Will the mic work if I plug the headset into the controller? Like is there only 1 auxilary cord that transmits both mic and headphones? I hope that makes sense.

Bumping this. Has anyone tried this? I dont want to buy a headset and not be able to use the mic.

Jadax

is today the last day to sell cards without having to wait 14 days? because i imagine the card market is about to crash real hard if that's the case

I thought the wait period is just for reselling (i.e. Items you buy from the marketplace after the update won't be sellable for 15 days).

Uzzy

Speaking of all things British, did you see the quiz on The Gruan this morning, 'How millennial are you'? Apparently I'm a generation Xer with generation Y tenancies. Bottom line is I'm an old git trying to be down with the kids. Going to have to get my Steve Buscemi, 30 Rock outfit on the go to complete the package.

Yup, I got the same. Some silly questions, especially 'what's your favourite meme' and they didn't have RAASHIIIIDOOO on. Clearly not dank enough.

So guys, new around these parts: Is the verdict in for buying Grey Goo at 12? Yay or nay?

Was initially planning only to fork out for BTA level.

Grey Goo's a fine game. It's fairly short, with the campaign only having five missions per faction, along with one extra mission per faction in the DLC, but overall you're not looking at more than 15-20 hours playtime, if you're just doing the single player. It's well presented though, with some very good CGI cutscenes between missions that rival anything you'll see from Blizzard. In terms of actual gameplay, it's a bit basic. Against the AI, as long as you can form a blob of units and attack move, you'll win everytime. It's very old school, favouring proper resource management rather than microing units around, which is quite a welcome change really. It's a fine example of classic RTS sensibilities updated in a modern engine.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery game -- MB-B131972659AA4EBF - Taken by BorntoPlay

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Mystery game was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Ludens

Banned
Thanks ModBot. At least, you showed us people don't actually read posts here :D
Or maybe people have actually a good taste for innovative FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom