• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Is Shadow Complex still seeing a Steam release?

I remember hearing about that around SteamGAF, but a quick search hasn't turned up any evidence.

jediyoshi

Sold virtual cards on the virtual market to buy a virtual sticker for my virtual gun

LXEEVrX.jpg

Thanks gabe

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You're complaining about having a big Seahorsie avatar on your Uplay account?

Haha, well, in some cases even Steam's 184x184 is pushing it due to the size of the source image.

I remember hearing about that around SteamGAF, but a quick search hasn't turned up any evidence.

Epic hasn't even so much as hinted at a Steam release. If it doesn't pop up on Steam after the no cost period has ended, then I wouldn't hold your breath.

I thought the wait period is just for reselling (i.e. Items you buy from the marketplace after the update won't be sellable for 15 days).
I don't understand how you can make this assumption considering this info is in plain sight under the Read about the new security requirements coming to the Community Market on March 9th link on the marketplace main page.

The hold on reselling is how it currently is and I assume unchanged.

Speaking of which the pop-up box says the following:
If a user trading away or selling items hasn't had their account protected by a Mobile Authenticator for the past 7 days:
Trades: item delivery from completed trades will be delayed by Steam for up to 3 days
Is this a typo or u-turn? (the blog post still says 15 for both and I doubt it would be a u-turn because "the current three-day hold fails to protect users who log in less frequently").

Salsa

11 hours into Stardew Valley already

barely got chickens

i'll say this; I still think it fails to capture some aspect of Harvest Moon

something is off. I dont know

and the movement speed is even slower

I really love Harvest Moon tho so your experience may vary

Not sure it will. I know that it was said to be coming to the consoles but the steam thing AFAIK was just wishful thinking.

I could be wrong, maybe i missed an article or interview or something, but i always thought the whole point of Shadow Complex being free on the epic launcher was to bring people to the platform. Selling it elsewhere would somewhat defeat the purpose

Corpekata

Banned
The hook for Shadow Complex and getting you into the launcher was the free sudden giveaway. As just a standard 15 dollar title it isn't going to get people using the launcher really.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I dont care if someone dont like how I wrote the post. Im not gonna stop using certain words just because some people dont like it.

Ive used "retarded littlebrother" for years and this is the first time someone commented on it.

Dont like it? Too fucking bad.
Fuck people like you who hurt people I love with your fucking words.

Go ahead and call someone a faggot but claim that "it doesn't mean anything, I wouldn't call a gay person that", it's the same damn thing. Because there are people out there that do, and mean it. And you don't help.

Nice, I wanted to play it soon but I guess I'll wait. What's the release date?

:(((
Sorry, it's not free. There's a small fee.
Moon Studios say that “if you bought the original game, you’ll be able to upgrade for a small upgrade fee!”
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...blind-forest-definitive-edition-release-date/

Coming 11.03 to Xbox, soon to Steam.
So, 11.04?

Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition is due for release on Steam and Windows 10 on March 11.
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...blind-forest-definitive-edition-release-date/

Corpekata

Banned

This is from March 1, this trailer is brand new. The fact they omitted the PC dates specifically suggests something has changed.

IIRC the dev in another thread said this trailer was supposed to also include the upgrade fee details, and it's not here. Wonder what the deal is.

Tizoc

Am I the only one who didn't mind the lack of backtracking in Ori?
I mean OK, maybe Cheevo addicts were peeved by it, but really just about every game similar to Ori's genre has backtracking, and in Ori those missables never bothered me since I was still able to progress just fine.

GaussTek

This is from March 1, this trailer is brand new. The fact they omitted the PC dates specifically suggests something has changed.

IIRC the dev in another thread said this trailer was supposed to also include the upgrade fee details, and it's not here. Wonder what the deal is.

http://majornelson.com/2016/03/09/o...itive-edition-makes-a-great-game-even-better/

Current owners of Ori and the Blind Forest can upgrade to the Definitive Edition for $4.99, while all new players can pick up the full game for $19.99, which includes the original Ori.

Hopefully the dev can also clarify the PC "coming soon" part in that thread.

Edit. Oh, update on PC versions date "soon" =(
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1195471

AHA-Lambda

Yeah PC is delayed

Yes, we did announce a release date of March 11th. But to make sure everyone who plays Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition gets a great experience regardless of platform, we’re taking a bit of extra time with the Windows Store and Steam versions. We will launch the Xbox One version on March 11, and will update you soon on when the other versions will launch.

http://news.xbox.com/2016/03/09/ori-blind-forest-definitive-edition-launch-trailer/

Red Hood

Banned
Am I the only one who didn't mind the lack of backtracking in Ori?
I mean OK, maybe Cheevo addicts were peeved by it, but really just about every game similar to Ori's genre has backtracking, and in Ori those missables never bothered me since I was still able to progress just fine.

I don't understand what you're exactly trying to say, "the lack of backtracking" and "every game in the genre has backtracking" kinda sound like a contradiction. But I think I get what you mean.

For a lot of people the enjoyment of a Metroidvania like Ori is to return to unexplored places - but this time all levelled and powered up - to take on areas or enemies you first deemed too difficult, or optional areas you couldn't get to because you lacked certain upgrades. It's the whole charm of Metroid and its genre. And you couldn't do that in certain dungeons in the original Ori, and people rightfully complained because that was an oversight from the dev's part. But they realised it and luckily they decided to tackle it.

I don't like how the Ori people handled that DE upgrade. It's like they wanted to make an HD port of Ori (because HD ports are free money or something), but then realised that it was already HD so... this was their solution.
Why in the world are Uplay avatars 500x500. That's huge.

Uplay is a next-gen digital client, so it makes sense.
BTW, there's a Nexus site for Stardew Valley mods now.
That's pretty much the definition of 'making it big'.

Stardew Valley is now officially immortal.
NinjaEdit: omg Nexus has an Age of Wonders 3 portal. How did I not know this?!

zkylon

zkylewd
dragon's dogma at 20 is kind of tempting but i still don't know if it's the kind of game i'd like

wish it had a demo or something

Phawx

how did you manage to get it so cheap? I thought MS blocked the region changing stuff?

Credit to Lashman for doing it first and then giving me the clue:

I went here:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...ome_spotlight_3_xbox-live-gift-cards-13022016

You can login with your normal Xbox Live account. For GoW you only need the 1000p Live Credits. But because it's a new region you have to put payment information for that region. You have to put in a Russian address. Any will do, it's not going to matter because as soon as you try to process the payment it will fail.

Now for me, I used my Amex CC. I got an automated fraud detection alert (literally the second I hit "accept") and I told them I recognized the transaction as it was done by me. They said okay and try to process the sale again.

When I did, it went through. After it goes through they give you a 25 digit code. Then you need to go to https://account.xbox.com/en-US/PaymentAndBilling/RedeemCode and on the left side, click change region. Then look for R and click the only region in the R category.

Redeem the 25 digit code. Then you need to change your Windows OS region to Russia and then go to the Windows Store on Win 10. And then you can buy GoW.

Yeah, region swapping currently works so long as you can get yourself an MS gift card in the region you'er swapping to.

You can swap your region in W10 back to whatever as soon as the purchase is finished.

Hopefully this stays open/working for a bit.

Correct. I forgot to mention that. Once you are done buying the game, just switch all of your region stuff back to your correct region and you are good to go.

So, basically, the Microsoft Store accepts international credit cards, as the WinStore initially did? I don't see that loophole being open much longer, at least as far as gift card purchases are concerned.

Jokes on MS! I still got 1000 Xbox Live Rubles ready to go at a moments notice!

I went here:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...ome_spotlight_3_xbox-live-gift-cards-13022016

You can login with your normal Xbox Live account. For GoW you only need the 1000p Live Credits. But because it's a new region you have to put payment information for that region. You have to put in a Russian address. Any will do, it's not going to matter because as soon as you try to process the payment it will fail.

Now for me, I used my Amex CC. I got an automated fraud detection alert (literally the second I hit "accept") and I told them I recognized the transaction as it was done by me. They said okay and try to process the sale again.

When I did, it went through. After it goes through they give you a 25 digit code. Then you need to go to https://account.xbox.com/en-US/PaymentAndBilling/RedeemCode and on the left side, click change region. Then look for R and click the only region in the R category.

Redeem the 25 digit code. Then you need to change your Windows OS region to Russia and then go to the Windows Store on Win 10. And then you can buy GoW.

Yeah, region swapping currently works so long as you can get yourself an MS gift card in the region you'er swapping to.

You can swap your region in W10 back to whatever as soon as the purchase is finished.

Hopefully this stays open/working for a bit.

dragon's dogma at 20 is kind of tempting but i still don't know if it's the kind of game i'd like

wish it had a demo or something

I put more than enough hours into it, but I'm not sure how to tell if it fits into "the kind of game you'd like" without more details on "the kind of game you like" that isn't League.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I went here:

So, basically, the Microsoft Store accepts international credit cards, as the WinStore initially did? I don't see that loophole being open much longer, at least as far as gift card purchases are concerned.

Jawmuncher

I dunno, Mexican Origin is still alive and kicking all these years. Maybe they won't care.

Pachimari

Ahh, finished moving my desktop and redecorating my whole apartment actually. Much more space here now, and I think I'm sitting more comfortable in front of the computer now. Here's to playing games. Lol, who am I kidding.

FloatOn

11 hours into Stardew Valley already

barely got chickens

i'll say this; I still think it fails to capture some aspect of Harvest Moon

something is off. I dont know

and the movement speed is even slower

I really love Harvest Moon tho so your experience may vary

I've heard you can get a horse to help with the walk speed eventually

Phawx

MS does require a Russian address in the webstore. That doesn't change. They are banking on the CC declining the transaction, but if you authorize it even though it has a bogus billing addy and your CC company is cool with that, what can MS do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom