• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wanted it too but my friends are too cheap to buy it for a new game price and I don't really wanna play it alone.

playing it alone seems to give it an almost Day Z feel in the dark zones. Trust no one and hope that you're left alone in a violent and vicious world

the dark zone stuff is really the only part of destiny-in-ny that interests me at all

I really wanted it too but my friends are too cheap to buy it for a new game price and I don't really wanna play it alone.

I've mostly played along so far and just have done rando match making for story missions. Hasn't been too bad so far. Maybe if a few more people accept my uPlay invites I'll play with some friends, but even still.....solo hasn't been bad so far.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
image.php

bysscgw.gif

Xanathus

playing it alone seems to give it an almost Day Z feel in the dark zones. Trust no one and hope that you're left alone in a violent and vicious world

the dark zone stuff is really the only part of destiny-in-ny that interests me at all

I've mostly played along so far and just have done rando match making for story missions. Hasn't been too bad so far. Maybe if a few more people accept my uPlay invites I'll play with some friends, but even still.....solo hasn't been bad so far.

Dark Zone isn't really the issue, it's the main campaign and leveling process that looks kinda boring to do solo. It's like playing Borderlands, it looks like a much better experience to play it in a group. And also if I start playing it solo then it isn't as fun to play it all again with my friends when they actually get the game. Had that experience with Borderlands 2.

Well, I'm totally immersed in The Division. Just can't stop playing.

The Division is different with the regular Ubisoft games, because it's actually an RPG add people seem always missing (or forgetting) that huge part of the game. Ubi very rarely make RPGs, except the indie ones. You have this sense of progression in The Division, so exploring and doing things are still meaningful, because they can help your character grow further. There is no reason to explore or complete the map in the other single player Ubi games, except for achievements or completion.

Anyway, the steam reviews have been growing since the 45% negative at day 1. It's now at 65% and soon will reach the positive reviews side.

Phawx

Hey fellas, I did a Quick Look on March of the Living. You can find it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNCpRfeyp2I

If you don't like looking at gameplay videos, here's a quick encapsulation of the game and a .gif:

FTL (not in space) + Zombies; Essentially, a lot of core FTL ideas mixed with zombie apocalypse trappings.

ZX7oF1U.gif

Right now the game is on Steam Greenlight, if that sounds like something you're interested in, give it a vote. Alternatively, feel free to downvote it if rubs you the wrong way:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=605952563

Also also, Two Tribes is closing up shop:

http://twotribes.com/message/rive-is-our-final-game/

PAUonePUNCH

Neo Member
Gotta throw a big thank you to everyone in this thread. Only recently got back into PC gaming, after almost a 10 year absence, and have been exposed to many wonderful titles I would have never heard of if it wasn't for this thread. THANKS!!!

Vuze

Quick question for Amazon.com key shopping tourists. I just checked for my Hitman key and was reminded that there was tax added on top of the 15$ base price.
iirc, this tax is ruled on state level. Unfortunately I couldn't figure out what's the smartest / cheapest state to pick using Google (maybe I've been using the wrong words), I randomly used a New York address when ordering Hitman.
Could somebody help me out to save on future purchases? Cheers!

Sarcasm

Quick question for Amazon.com key shopping tourists. I just checked for my Hitman key and was reminded that there was tax added on top of the 15$ base price.
iirc, this tax is ruled on state level. Unfortunately I couldn't figure out what's the smartest / cheapest state to pick using Google (maybe I've been using the wrong words), I randomly used a New York address when ordering Hitman.

Try Oregon.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Just use the address of Google's HQ. CA's sales tax doesn't apply to digital goods.

Edit:
Google Inc.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
Phone: +1 650-253-0000

Ludens

Banned
As far as i know even if you use mobile app more than 7 days you need to confirm every sale on market. But i can be wrong.

What a crap. So basically if you want use fast selling during a sale, you need to enable authenticator one week before the sale starts.

Uzzy

New Character Alex and SFV Update Details. Capcom Unity update

Challenge Mode
Demonstrations: Learn the ins and outs of Street Fighter Vthrough helpful demonstration and tutorial content. Contains content for each of the 16 characters, as well as advice geared towards players of all skill levels:
Beginner Tutorials: 12 lessons covering, movement, normal attacks, special attacks, V-System, throws, counter hits, chip/recoverable damage, etc.
Intermediate Tutorials: 11 lessons covering projectiles, invincibility frames, armor and armor break, recovery, cross-up attacks, anti-air options, etc.
Advanced Tutorials: 4 lessons covering back dashing, frame advantage/disadvantage, combo potential, button priority, etc.
Character Tutorials: 16 lessons covering each individual character.
Trials: Put your skills to the ultimate test with combo trials for all 16 characters, ranging from basic to pro combos. Completing Trials will also earn you some extra Fight Money.

In-Game Shop
Fight Money Expenditure: Spend your hard earned Fight Money to purchase extra game content, such as DLC characters and the Story Mode Costumes.
Online Rematch Option
Salty from a close loss online? Want revenge? Players can now play a 2/3 set in Ranked Match, provided both players accept the rematch.

Battle Lounge Improvements
Enjoy up to 8 person lobbies, complete with match spectating.

All of these new SFV features and game improvements are planned to be ready later this month and we’ll share an exact date soon. More new content, including the Cinematic Story Mode, and game improvements are in the works and we’ll provide those specifics as soon as we can.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can you get in trouble by using someone else's address?

Amazon doesn't care, and if you accidentally buy a physical item with the wrong address selected, well, I'm sure the person/company would appreciate the gift. ;) Take-Two (i.e. 2K and R*) game keys are limited to the US, though -- if you use an international credit/debit card, the order won't complete.

Hm, OK. Thanks. I never bought using an address other than mine, so it felt strange.
-------
DOOM: Multiplayer Trailer on Gamersyde.

All the mini-cutscenes/QTE-events when finishing off enemies look nice at first glance but they'll absolutely become aggravating the n-th time. Just like they did with Far Cry 3/Blood Dragon's loot animations. I learned to hate those from the two games.

Nordicus

Playing my poison Witch Hunter build in Grim Dawn, I get the weirdest flashbacks to back when I played Singed in league

Spread high damage poison everywhere, run around with your increased movement speed, then suddenly teleport in the chaos and go ruin some squishy mage's day before going back to poisoning and running away from everyone

zkylon

zkylewd
watching the hitman quicklook it feels like the whole point of the game is kind of ruined if you're explicitly told all the different ways you can get into the assassinations

they say it's customizable but it kind of feels like a big missed opportunity of tying it to a more interesting "intel" system or whatever that's a little more intriguing i guess

this hitman game is just weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom