• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
watching the hitman quicklook it feels like the whole point of the game is kind of ruined if you're explicitly told all the different ways you can get into the assassinations

they say it's customizable but it kind of feels like a big missed opportunity of tying it to a more interesting "intel" system or whatever that's a little more intriguing i guess

this hitman game is just weird

well, they're rebooting the series and assuming that there will be a large influx of new players in the process. I think it's good to show them the ropes and let them see what is possible before really throwing some stuff at them.

Hearing about Alex doesn't do much for me as I am middling on the gameplay and lobbies being broken since I dislike matching making a lot in fighting games.
Someone needs to go ahead and mod this with this

wlPZqvR.jpg

That won't fix the problem. Even if they replace it with GuP.

Also that doesn't make sense since the girls in that show aren't named after tanks.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah, i just feel like framing scripted events as "opportunities" that you get notified of is a weird structure for the game. similarly having a list of assassination challenges or whatever ends up feeling like a checklist rather than something that encourages experimentation

i feel like these systems could work better if you had limited information. maybe the game suggests 2 or 3 opportunities and a few weapon ideas or whatever, maybe unlocking more if you get stuck or whatever

idk, i feel like you lose some of the magic when you're just crossing things from a list instead of going like "i wonder what will happen if i do this"

you could turn off the ui stuff and play it blood money-y but i still wish they had gone with something a bit more elegant

Sunless Sea was just removed from my account due to an error of payment accord to Steam. This is strange as this was from a second key Humble Bundle sent me after they had informed me the original (not used) key was in error.

I'm quite confused.

I had a game removed too that was from HB. I received it from a generous gaffer, so no harm done, but still a bummer.

Backlogger

I started Apotheon yesterday and really like it so far. The fighting is a little clumsy but mostly works. Lovely visuals.

I liked it until it turned into GTA then I promptly lost interest.

I was playing it on my PS4 though and felt like I need to play it on PC so I could be loser to the screen. Been meaning to revisit the game whenever I decide to pick it up on Steam.

Annubis

Hearing about Alex doesn't do much for me as I am middling on the gameplay and lobbies being broken since I dislike matching making a lot in fighting games.

That won't fix the problem. Even if they replace it with GuP.

Also that doesn't make sense since the girls in that show aren't named after tanks.

I'm getting Upotte!! (anthropomorphic guns) vibes from this more than GuP.

abracadaver

I want to add Gears of War as a non steam game

Can someone tell me the AppUserModelId of it? my explorer doesn't show it and the option is greyed out

Heh I thought that the 7 day listing hold up wasn't a big deal but now that I have actually suffered it myself it is pretty annoying >__> Double standards I guess. Oh well, I'll get an new iPhone in few weeks so I can once again trade in my 50 cent virtual boxes

Ludens

Banned
So the new Sonic is bad?
I had it wishlisted, I liked Generations, but if the game is trash, I prefer not to spend 8€.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Block'hood is out now for 10 bucks. Early Access neighborhood-building simulator published by Devolver Digital:

They expect it to be in Early Access for about 6 months.

It looks good, but early access is NONONO for me now.

Hopefully it turns out well in the SimTower way that it looks. The articles Devolver has posted about it on their Twitter makes it sound really awesome.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I said I wanted one, I didnt ask for one. I want Olivia Wilde to dump that Sudeikis freak so we can be together too but that isnt happening. Just like my birthday isnt happening.
For another 2 weeks
My birthday... not Olivia realising she belongs with me
Fuck you Jason Sudeikis

So your birthday is the 24th. Guess I need to find a cheap-o indie to give you as payback for Marlow Briggs.

Heh I thought that the 7 day listing hold up wasn't a big deal but now that I have actually suffered it myself it is pretty annoying >__> Double standards I guess. Oh well, I'll get an new iPhone in few weeks so I can once again trade in my 50 cent virtual boxes

It's so stupid. I have no clue why they count Win2Auth as a mobile 2Factor and then say it isn't counting for their stupid restrictions. >_>

I should just trash/gem every dupe card I get now a days instead of trying to sell it thanks to this bullshit despite having 2Factor one. Thanks a lot, Volvo.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Awesome, I loved episode 1 but so much time has passed that I basically wrote the whole game off as "probably won't ever be complete". I might have to check out episode 2 though, that looks pretty good.

Awesome. I completed episode one last month I think and reaaaaaally enjoyed it. I still have to grab the season pass though and considering the time that has passed between episode 1 and 2, I might just hold out a bit..

Sensible, it seems the delay was for a console version, since with the second episode releasing, they have also announced there's a PS4/Xbox One version of the game releasing later this month/early April, and the first two episodes will release on both platforms simultaneously and a pass for all episodes as well.

I have the app and Steam Guard activated, and it still put a restriction on an emoticon that I got from creating a Stardew Valley badge.

Wouldn't let me sell the chicken while people were paying 75 cents for it. They're now paying 46.

Side note: that game has some sweet backgrounds.

My hope is that they improve the store greatly, I don't really have a problem with using Origin, Uplay or any of the other distribution platforms.

The problem is that UWA/UWP and the Windows Store aren't simply Microsoft's new, innocuous digital distribution format and platform. They're the beginning of Microsoft's plans for the end of the PC being an open platform and even potentially a threat to things like enthusiast modding, which is a pretty integral thing in PC gaming. Microsoft have wanted to be Apple so hard for so long now, with branded hardware and, more importantly, a closed ecosystem where they alone are the gatekeepers through which all software is sold.

It just seems like everyone's forgotten Microsoft's practice of embrace, extend, extinguish because they've become comically bad at it in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom