• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Happy one full solar rotation Tizoc.

It's 2D Vanquish. Does that sound 3.24$ worth to you? It should.

You convinced me. Bought.

Wait, what?

How?

With the new limitations of waiting 15 days for most people, and/or need to confirm sales, it's just a lot more work and effort that is resulting in many people to not even bother with the trading cards any more.

I don't believe it has killed the market, but it will reduce the number of participants overall and that will have some effect. However there is also the chance some cards will go up in price due to less people selling them, but there is still a market for them due to hardcore fanbases (waifus mostly)

Knurek

Am I wrong for being hyped about Pascal despite owning 970?

I hope I'll be able to upgrade to a 1070 with a better cooling (MSI?) and sell my 970 to offset part of the cost.
Not that I have performance problems as of yet (still at 1080p with no plans to change), but given my current, miniITX GPU, noise is a bit of a bother, depending on a game. Quite distracting during Pillars, which is weird, considering the game doesn't look like anything that would push a GPU...

Naarmight

The new authentication would have been good for me if I had not listed another load of cards hours before it came into place, as now all the prices have gone up. It also seems to have stopped the slide in price on the latest CS crate, which means I might make my money back on my 2nd CS account...

Popstar

The only thing I've noticed is if you already own the game it won't allow you to generate a key, only a humble link to allow you to share it with someone else. Though that system isn't perfect, I've been able to get keys on some stuff I already own.
Thanks.

Wishlist integration with the Humble Store would have been nice. But if that's all it does seems not worth bothering to link.

Eila

The only thing I've noticed is if you already own the game it won't allow you to generate a key, only a humble link to allow you to share it with someone else. Though that system isn't perfect, I've been able to get keys on some stuff I already own.

You can still click on it, it just appears locked.

There's a new Indiegala bundle which has only Artifex Mundi games. I think four of them have never been bundled before.

https://www.indiegala.com/legends

Pay $1 or more to get these Steam games!

Time Mysteries: Inheritance - Remastered (STEAM)
Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride (STEAM)
Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink (STEAM)

Pay $2.49 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get all 9 AWESOME STEAM GAMES!

Eventide: Slavic Fable (STEAM)
Vampire Legends: The True Story of Kisilova (STEAM)
The Secret Order 2: Masked Intent (STEAM)
Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Puppet Thief (STEAM)
Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan (STEAM)
Nightmares from the Deep 3: Davy Jones (STEAM)

I'm somewhat amused that I own all but two of the entire Artifex Mundi catalog on Steam and I've never bought a single one of the games outside a bundle.

Happy early birthday Tizoc.
3geOfxq.png
Hm. Hard to judge if it's one of those cases like Spintires, Umihara Kawase that return or more like Virtua Tennis 4, gone for good.
I'm rooting for Vegemite.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
There's a new Indiegala bundle which has only Artifex Mundi games. I think four of them have never been bundled before.

I'm somewhat amused that I own all but two of the entire Artifex Mundi catalog on Steam and I've never bought a single one of the games outside a bundle.

Sweet, more lazy Sunday afternoon games :)

Ozium

indiegala continues their incompetence..

Yrminsul was in the indiegala greenlight bundle #3, and they are running a bundle with yrminsul so they clearly have keys... or at least had contact with the publisher, but there are still no keys for greenlight buyers.. wtf?

the dev on the Steam forums said keys were sent to them on March 4th for greenlight bundles, and another post in Steam forums dated the 7th, I think, posts an email someone sent to IG and they stated they are "waiting on the keys"

garbage

Spares

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Star Wars Jedi Knight Dark Forces II -- MB-B44D39394EAF57EE - Taken by Natty1
Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink -- MB-0D1436EB8192B040 - Taken by Regginator
Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride -- MB-6F2AE3CA8C1B4862 - Taken by Red Hood
Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-D250A4468B5F6CF3 - Taken by Kifimbo
Time Mysteries: Inheritance - Remastered -- MB-A1DF14D3DBD54B16 - Taken by bloke
Star Wars Dark Forces -- MB-BEF0DA6BDABF0E35 - Taken by gar3
Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan -- MB-7AA28AD475406557 - Taken by 3bdelillah
Nightmares from the Deep 3: Davy Jones -- MB-37996ED47543FCA9 - Taken by Baron_Calamity

Red Hood

Banned

The second I saw "Vampire" I got excited since I've been eyeing Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines for a while now, but that quickly turned to indifference.

Arminsc

I'm thinking of starting XCOM Enemy Unknown this weekend, but I don't know if I should play the base game first or start with Enemy Within.

Ludens

Banned
Man, the crowns mission on Bloody Money is bloody hard.
I mean, I managed to get SA rank in the end, but I needed to redo the mission like 10 times, mostly because of that damn yellow crow where you need to kill your first target. KO him out was very hard, because randomness happens and he could turn, other yellow crowns can pass on the lower floor and spot me and so on. Also the first time I actually managed to do the mission perfectly, I screwed up in the end, because I missed the dialogue in which the sniper crown say the bar he is located, so when I found him, he killed the politician.

Pachimari

Got my Hitman code, and have pre-loaded it. Wonder when it'll be available though.

Also got Cities Skylines installed. Can't wait for the update, so we can build canals.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Was £38 for me with shipping, so about the same. But it's a must for me as I kick myself repeatedly for not getting the HM2 vinyl >_<

I could have bought the HM2 vinyl on day one and thought a lot about buying it the following days...
And after checking prices for what that goes now I should have bought it :p

This one will also be a nice collectors item down the road, but I wouldn't sell them anyway would I own them...

Digital version will be good enough :)

Look what got a store page~

Sweet!

AHA-Lambda

I could have bought the HM2 vinyl on day one and thought a lot about buying it the following days...
And after checking prices for what that goes now I should have bought it :p

This one will also be a nice collectors item down the road, but I wouldn't sell them anyway would I own them...

Digital version will be good enough :)

Sweet!

Same :(

Supernatural-Dean.gif

Pachimari

Moved Rocket League back up to my playlist again. That basket content, and Batmobile does it for me. I really should spend more time with this game, as it is a concept I have always loved, and it's unfortunate I haven't spend more time in it. The same with Rainbow Six: Siege.

ExoSoul

Banned
I'm thinking of starting XCOM Enemy Unknown this weekend, but I don't know if I should play the base game first or start with Enemy Within.

I'd actually suggest the opposite of what Haktor said, it's true it ties into the game but I'd suggest doing a playthrough on "vanilla" so you're not overwelmed with resources to manage and to get an overal feel of the game.

MUnited83

For you.
Happy early birthday Tizoc.

Hm. Hard to judge if it's one of those cases like Spintires, Umihara Kawase that return or more like Virtua Tennis 4, gone for good.

I'm rooting for Vegemite.

Hard to judge? Nope, it's pretty clear actually :p. It's a licensed game, the license expired. It's gone for good pretty much :p

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Pinball FX 2 so horrible it killed the humble weekly for life I see

typical

Or... Pinball FX 2 so great Humble employees couldn't stop playing long enough to get a new bundle lined up for today.

Yeah, I actually enjoy Pinball FX2 a lot, I think it's fun!

pinball fx 2 is fucking garbage, why does nudging not do anything? Why when I try to actually nudge the table to affect the ball does it tilt? Why do the games go on forever? Why can't I live catch balls or do post transfers?

Zen is fucking shit

their existence is an insult to pinball, and you tell me to stop being mean to pinball?

So yeah Pinball FX2 isn't the pinball simulation you want it to be, I can understand that, but it doesn't make it any less FUN to play for me. American Truck Simulator isn't hardcore truck sim, but that doesn't make it any less fun to actually play.

But that's why we have game variety I suppose.

Enemy Within ties into the base game, just go with that.
Enemy within also assumes that you have played the original game and are ready to get your ass kicked even harder than in EU

I would suggest that if you're going for EW on your first run that you also activate save scumming because it's going to be pretty rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom