• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

A new year, another Easter Surprise box from Square Enix

USA link - $9.99
https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/315702/easter-surprise-box-2016-pc-download

EU link - €6.46
https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_europe/games/pc-windows-download/Easter-Surprise-Box-2016.php

xlW3VEdrestore_easter_banner_1140x335_shinri_1140_KR.jpg

Previous games

2015 Holiday Surprise Box
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
Thief
FINAL FANTASY XIII
Life is Strange - Episode 1
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

2015 The Square Enix Easter Surprise
Life is Strange Episode 1
Just Cause Collection
Hitman Absolution Elite Edition
Deus Ex Game of the Year Edition

Thief – The Master Thief Edition
The Last Remnant
Murdered: Soul Suspect
Lara Croft: Guardian of Light
Deus Ex – The Fall
Nosgoth Founders – Warlord Pack

Tomb Raider
Just Cause 2
Hitman: Blood Money
Dungeon Siege 3

Let the speculation come!

Rafy

Crap, I need 20 more cents to buy Stardew Valley ( or sell 4 cards) but I've sold no cards ever since the new marketplace system was activated... I'd list more for sale but I don't have a smartphone to verify and list them instantly...

I am thinking of using the PC authentication someone made, just this one time. Have any of you tried it?

Would I be crazy if I wished that FFIX is one of the mystery games in the Square enix box? :D

No, that would be awesome. But you'd be crazy to believe that it will be. ;)

And I'm still salty about the Hitman price mistake. I changed payment options while it was in my cart and in those few seconds, it was pulled.

Arminsc

Enemy within also assumes that you have played the original game and are ready to get your ass kicked even harder than in EU

I would suggest that if you're going for EW on your first run that you also activate save scumming because it's going to be pretty rough.

Already started EW on normal difficulty. Does save scumming mean I can save during a mssion? Or just that I can reload before a mission if I fail? I may use that if I feel to overwhelmed.

I have a feeling Just Cause 3 is going to be in the box. It did not do well and they have to sell the season pass somehow.

also I bought it so this must mean it gets bundled

Ludens

Banned
I have a feeling Just Cause 3 is going to be in the box. It did not do well and they have to sell the season pass somehow.

Nah, impossible, the game is too new.
My bet:

-FFXIII-2
-Sleeping Dogs Definitive
-Hitman Go (already bundled on Humble SE2 Bundle, even if they didn't give away Steam keys for it)
-Tomb Raider GOTY
-some random game like Dungeon Siege 1+2

Yeah, I actually enjoy Pinball FX2 a lot, I think it's fun!

So yeah Pinball FX2 isn't the pinball simulation you want it to be, I can understand that, but it doesn't make it any less FUN to play for me. American Truck Simulator isn't hardcore truck sim, but that doesn't make it any less fun to actually play.

But that's why we have game variety I suppose.

I like Pinball FX2 as well. Its a lot of fun. Better product than Pinball Arcade.

also I bought it so this must mean it gets bundled

I'd be in for that but it's way too soon.
I never bought one of these things, but the EU price in particular is pretty low, comes out at a little over $7. Hmm...

Shantom

I can see FF Type-0 being in the Square box. It didn't do very well and it has the worst Steam reviews of any FF, might get bundled faster than normal.

When is Trails going on sale again? I want to buy it.

It's on sale on EU PSN now so another Steam sale should be happening soon.

C4rter

Nah, impossible, the game is too new.
My bet:

-FFXIII-2
-Sleeping Dogs Definitive
-Hitman Go (already bundled on Humble SE2 Bundle, even if they didn't give away Steam keys for it)
-Tomb Raider GOTY
-some random game like Dungeon Siege 1+2

I don't think "Sleeping Dogs Definitive" will be in it, at least not for the Germans, because it's not available. And "Tomb Raider GOTY" after they had Tomb Raider in 2013?

No way. Maybe a coupon.
£1.51 thanks to Amazon
Man, it still hurts having no one that thinks of you in cases like these. It's a harsh life being a lone wolf.
You should.

Hands down the best multiplayer game of 2015 imo.

It's super fun and very addicting.
Rocket League is life.
You all do a good work of making me want to try it.
Oh hey! A ROTTR patch!

CdR6kCwXIAIDhsw.jpg
I'm a bit bored so I'll try this just now, seeing that I have the game still installed and such. Let's see how much Nvidia brings at DX12 in practice.

madjoki

Adds NVIDIA VXAO Ambient Occlusion technology. This is the world’s most advanced real-time AO solution, specifically developed for NVIDIA Maxwell hardware. (Steam Only)

But Windows Store was supposed to save PC gaming from dying...

Is it safe to install the latest drivers from GeForce Experience yet? I'm on a triple-monitor setup.

They released new drivers, that worked for me. (Dual monitors).

Doomedfool

I want to get excited about these mystery bundles but I already have pretty much everything from Squeenix

This is my problem, too. Seems like their games go on sale dirt-cheap more than just about any others (excluding Final Fantasy games :p), so I have long ago grabbed everything I want that isn't too new to be in.

If they could just load up one of these mystery bundles with FF games, that would work great for me since I don't own any atm, bu that's not gonna happen.

jtb

Banned
are the Skyrim expansions/dlc any good? I only have vanilla -- tempted to start it up again after not touching it in years

Ludens

Banned
I don't think "Sleeping Dogs Definitive" will be in it, at least not for the Germans, because it's not available. And "Tomb Raider GOTY" after they had Tomb Raider in 2013?
SE gave Thief and Thief Master-Thief Edition, Life is Strange EP.1 twice, so it's possible.

Sch1sm

are the Skyrim expansions/dlc any good? I only have vanilla -- tempted to start it up again after not touching it in years

Hearthfire is the only one I never bothered with because I have no interest in building houses and having children like it's a SIMS title. Other two are all thumbs up from me. If you're choosing between Dragonborn and Dawnguard, though, it's Dragonborn > Dawnguard.

Buraindo

They're more Skyrim. If you liked the main game you'll enjoy the expansions especially if you're invested in the lore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom