• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent price!

CdSUEzTUUAA7Es-.jpg

On sale on GOG too!
5$ or BTA Bundle Tier looks like the sweet spot for this to me.
I liked the music I listened to but saw not much gameplay footage to grab me entirely.

zkylon

zkylewd
Praise the skies.

It's hard to believe just yesterday we are getting one step closer to getting the whole series in English. Just two games left and the upcoming Cold Steel 3.

Never been a better time to be an old-school RPG fan on PC!

idk i'd say the crpg reinassance on kickstarter was it but ok

it's a very animu jrpg with average combat and story, although the characters and their antics are really enjoyable

i enjoyed it but i also think it's not by any means a noteworthy jrpg

Anyone who says League is the best thing ever, their opinion is disregarded on any other game ever anyway.

tuxfool

Banned
From what I read on the web, whether it is DX12 or Vulkan, it's not smart to expect devs and games taking full advantage this early in the new techs life, so I'm not disappointed rather surprised that so early on even, it works "well".

I'll quote this again:

From Microsoft’s point of view, Langley echoed Baker’s statements. Working with developers, Microsoft is already finding that DX12 is typically a net win for CPU performance in most cases. Just how much any in-development title is benefitting from DX12 varies from game to game, but a common thread in all of these cases is that the earlier game developers can implement it the better. Games that add DX12 at the last moment are benefitting the least – and Microsoft is trying to help developers integrate it sooner – whereas games that do integrate it sooner like Ashes are seeing much more significant benefits.

zkylon

zkylewd
i love seeing screenshots of tits cos it looks so much like a ps1 game it almost makes me believe i'm playing one

but then i realize it's just tits

and i'm like ok this is fine too

Pachimari

Why is Steam logging me out randomly, it's so annoying, especially as I have to type in that authentication code every time.

Starting up Hitman now. It have been weeks since I last played a game on my PC.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
header.jpg

OneShot is coming to Steam!

This was a REALLY good freeware RPG Maker game (not a horror game, more a puzzle-adventure game). The screenshots and trailer show the Steam version will have some new content as well.

I can't really talk about it that much without spoiling, but it has a sort of metagame element that's very different than most of them, and a surprisingly emotional story, a very good original soundtrack, and some very clever puzzles.

zkylon

zkylewd
stop calling me zky zky chan -__-

Chocolate?
it changes from day to day

right now it's motorcycles!

You haven't? I am sure you said that once though. I was only being snarky anyway, I didn't mean it.
i think league's a great game but certainly one with a stupid amount of issues as a game of that level of complexity and ambition can be (and also rito is very dumb sometimes). i don't know much about doto but it's a similarly deep game and it seems to be a lot more together while you can very often see league falling apart at the seams, etc.

but yeah i wouldn't really call it the best game ever, it's one i personally enjoy and it would undoubtely have a place in the list of more important games for me personally but that's about it

i'd put winning eleven on that list too cos it made me bond with my best friend of highschool but i wouldn't say winning eleven is the best game ever lol

Arthea

Day one.
Arthea, you there? You there? We made it!!!
Ao and Zero confirmed as well

I probably should build a temple to Adios, shouldn't I? because honestly at this point in time I had 0 hope left we'll ever get more. It has to be her handywork.
That's almost too good to be true!

edited: now I can't help but wonder exactly when in 2017, TC is not so big as other two games, but still a lot of work I imagine

Arthea

None compare to The Legend of Heroes, obviously
also has no Adios watching over them?

Does anyone have a link to the first SteamGAF game of the year thread?

There was no thread that time, unless I forgot, I had a post bookmarket, without pics tho, but can't find it right now.

Soulflarz

Banned
How many TiTs games exist anyway?

Now I'm thinking of starting up First Chapter ugh.

not counting the two spinoffs Ys vs TitS and Nayuta no Kiseki
well you see (1-5 I'm too lazy to name besides arc)
TLoH1 Dragon Slayer
TLoH2 Dragon Slayer 2
TLoH3 Gagharv 1
TLoH4 Gagharv 2
TLoH5 Gagharv 3
TLoH6 TitS FC
TLoH6 TitS SC
TLoH6 TitS The 3rd
TLoH7 Zero no Kiseki
TLoH7 Ao no Kiseki
TLoH Cold Steel
TLoH Cold Steel II

Just start at TitS FC lol

Pachimari

Trails or The Legend of Heroes?
There are 12 main games in TLoH series, 7 of those are Trails games.

edited: also you totally should play FC

The story in Trails in the Sky 1 goes all the way to TiTS 7!? Really? That's quite an investment I have to make then.

[edit]
TLoH6 TitS FC
TLoH6 TitS SC
TLoH6 TitS The 3rd
Oh, so TitS is a trilogy. That's what I wanted to know.

Soulflarz

Banned
The story in Trails in the Sky 1 goes all the way to TiTS 7!? Really? That's quite an investment I have to make then.

[edit]

Oh, so TitS is a trilogy. That's what I wanted to know.

Yes, Trails in the Sky is uhm
1/2 are a plotline
3 ties straight into Zero and Ao no kiseki
and...CS is on the side, but CS2 ties into Ao or something? I've only played FC/SC :x

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Enter the Dragon Punch, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky -- MB-36A32C3D40EFC583 - Taken by Catshade. 8 entrants total.

t1457723953z1.png

Happy Trails day!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Iashman pointed me to this on Twitter.

header.jpg

DreadOut: Keepers of the Dark Steam Store page is now live.

Be releasing on March 24th, the price previously confirmed was $9.99 (and a special discount for those who own the original DreadOut). It's a stand-alone spin-off game featuring open-world design. To quote the store page:

It's time to experience DreadOut in a different way.

DreadOut : Keepers of the Dark is a new standalone horror game that takes place in the DreadOut universe. In this missing chapter, you will help Linda face the challenges of the DreadOut world with even more dangers lurking within.

Follow the event in which Linda was transported by The Mysterious Lady in Red into The Mirror Realm. A portal of worlds that connects it to 8 haunted dominions where 13+ horrific ghosts are ready to greet her in the most terrifying way possible. They will stop at nothing to thwart your main objective: To survive!

So, get your smart phone and SLR camera ready and choose your path wisely. The doors you open will decide the outcome of Linda's fate.

Game Features

*Battle against 13+ specially designed ghosts originated from the twisted minds of our beloved backers, meticulously implemented into the DreadOut universe.
*Work your way through 8+ supernatural realms in a nonlinear fashion.
*2 brand new levels previously unincluded in DreadOut.
*Solve mysterious puzzles obstructing Linda’s escape to liberation.
*Explore in third person view and battle in first person view.
*Find out more about Linda’s journey and dive deeper into DreadOut’s grand scheme of things.
*New storyline that will shed some light into Linda’s mysterious journey.

ss_94e9e7d5ed247880c34723bc07fb3c197f961fe0.600x338.jpg
ss_cd8f42965b8835f500e3dd982be76f4815f72ab0.600x338.jpg
ss_1b0f7063c053b6be436d68342f1687c2a88a2f55.600x338.jpg
ss_2615e07e5cfc9e7585715370a5eb511ea1f031fe.600x338.jpg

EDIT: Ninja'd,. but informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom