• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

neonglow

A new year, another Easter Surprise box from Square Enix

xlW3VEdrestore_easter_banner_1140x335_shinri_1140_KR.jpg

I got burned last time because half the Square bundle was also in the Humble Square Enix Bundle 3 for cheaper a couple days later. I'd rather use the money for the Humble Monthly bundles.

MUnited83

For you.
I got burned last time because half the Square bundle was also in the Humble Square Enix Bundle 3 for cheaper.
Lol, I remember that so well

"Hey guys, preorder this mistery box of awesome games for cheap!"

*like on day or two later a Humble Bundle with most of the games included in the mistery box happens and costs half the price :lol

Anyone that preorders a mistery box from them after that deserves the dissapointment

Tizoc

For the new page :3
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Adventures of Pip -- MB-FE6894A165EF1364 - Taken by dot. 7 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-1CDB01AC32AB5E57 - Taken by FLD. 6 entrants total.
Trails in the Sky Second Chapter -- MB-02D2AEF06B8A14A5 - Taken by BinaryPork2737. 36 entrants total.
Oceanhorn: Monster of the Uncharted Seas -- MB-FAF2E2EC5EBF7241 - Taken by redlacs. 11 entrants total.
Switchcars -- MB-4A7391335877EE88 - Taken by Eila. 4 entrants total.
Warmachine Tactics -- MB-DD78162AB196453C - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
The Legend of Dark Witch -- MB-5A200FB88B89E2F9 - Taken by kagamin. 4 entrants total.
GRAV -- MB-7B5E734D8B694C48 - Taken by CarbonatedFalcon. 8 entrants total.
Ladra -- MB-4F51D82F644E57D7 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
Sentinels of the Multiverse -- MB-C0485955178F79FB - Taken by XShagrath. 2 entrants total.
Valkyria Chronicles -- MB-2D1354D7A241B128 - Taken by fspm. 8 entrants total.
Tembo the Badass Elephant -- MB-8BC6A5132853FA62 - Taken by Teppic. 10 entrants total.
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara -- MB-7E1FF27604C505E1 - Taken by data. 8 entrants total.
I am Bread -- MB-29D9028544E76D88 - Taken by SSPssp. 11 entrants total.

t1457737332z1.png

Tizoc

tHANKS Again everyone :)

I've made a huge mistake
It is 1 AM
I was half asleep
I decided to play Deathsmiles, that new BULLET HELL game, anyways
Had a blast
but still
It was a huge mistake

Never play bullet hell games whether you are drunk or half sleep/groggy
That is not an experience you want to put yourself in.

Tizoc

Is adventures of Pip worth it for 3$?

Yes it is! It's one of my 2015 GotY contenders and is a fun 2D platformer.
Look past the graphics and go in for the gameplay and you may enjoy it.
Plus, stages are short allowing for short bursts, so you could beat 1-2 stages a day at least for example

The $375 Rise of the Tomb Raider PC - PC vs Xbox - Rise of the Tomb Raider Graphics Comparison
I am very surprised how the Potato Masher managed to trump the Xbox version with RotTR of all games.

- on Xbox: shaky 30fps, 1080p ingame, 1440x1080 during cutscenes
- AMD TressFX on Xbox (likely) and Nvidia PureHair on PC look identical
- on PM: 1080p@30fps, very high settings, apart texture quality on high
- similar visuals to Xbox besides HBAO+, more tessellation, sun-soft shadows, very stable 30fps
- impossible to get 60fps@1080p at very low settings, at 900p 60fps possible on low settings apart cutscenes
- 60fps with high settings at 720p very possible, difficult to tell apart high settings from very high ones
- 1440p@30fps with medium settings stable, 4K unplayable

For such a visually impressive game like RotTR to have a good showing on the Potato Masher surprised me when I think of the other recent games it struggled at.
I do have to say that even with my fairly powerful PC, attaining a stable 60fps throughout all areas was very inconsistent. Maybe the Xbox was primary focus during dev and LODs and whatnot didn't get optimized enough for a consistent 60fps experience on PC. I didn't mind it much though since pegging a few settings a notch down solved my issues.

dex3108

The $375 Rise of the Tomb Raider PC - PC vs Xbox - Rise of the Tomb Raider Graphics Comparison
I am very surprised how the Potato Masher managed to trump the Xbox version with RotTR of all games.

- on Xbox: shaky 30fps, 1080p ingame, 1440x1080 during cutscenes
- AMD TressFX on Xbox (likely) and Nvidia PureHair on PC look identical
- on PM: 1080p@30fps, very high settings, apart texture quality on high
- similar visuals to Xbox besides HBAO+, more tessellation, sun-soft shadows, very stable 30fps
- impossible to get 60fps@1080p at very low settings, at 900p 60fps possible on low settings apart cutscenes
- 60fps with high settings at 720p very possible, difficult to tell apart high settings from very high ones
- 1440p@30fps with medium settings stable, 4K unplayable

For such a visually impressive game like RotTR to have a good showing on the Potato Masher surprised me when I think of the other recent games it struggled at.
I do have to say that even with my fairly powerful PC, attaining a stable 60fps throughout all areas was very inconsistent. Maybe the Xbox was primary focus during dev and LODs and whatnot didn't get optimized enough for a consistent 60fps experience on PC. I didn't mind it much though since pegging a few settings a notch down solved my issues.

Until he shows Geothermal Valley stable at 30FPS i don't believe him :D

Pachimari

The dialogue doesn't have any voice acting in english and I do believe it was the same for the japanese version.

And the limited voice acting was good.

Ah thanks. I'll just play FC as it is and see what it's about.

Big Steam Controller update. It adds user definable action sets that you can switch to at any time. It'll be like having multiple configs in one, where you jump to one by pressing a button. They also give you the ability to add the keyboard and screenshot key to any button.
I hope somebody comes up with a really great config for Final Fantasy XIV.

Kiru

It's past midnight over here so it's my b-day, thanks to all the GAFfers in the past few pages :3
Have a quick giveaway, another one will be up later, mainly to get rid of spares :V Please let me know if you encounter issues redeeming your keys

Happy Birthday Tizoc! :)

I had drops on my GTX 760 there even on medium settings.

Ah, I was speaking from my experience with a 970. It definitely drops the most in the hub areas, specifically being worst in geothermal valley. I was getting mid to high 40s in there. normally it wouldn't bother much much, but it was a jarring transition to suddenly be at 43, 47 or whatever when it had been running so smoothly at 60 before that.

This didn't happen enough to make me want to lock it at 30, but it was still something I found rather annoying...

Seeing you have a potato masher of your own, or at least something similar, I'll defer to you on the 30fps drops. :)
I had a 770, but it was upgraded long before RotTR actually released.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
happy birthday Tizoc, even if youre a racist
against mutants

also lol at the tripple hot on Marlow Briggs.

impact

Banned
There are still problems with the latest Nvidia drivers? Just installed it early this morning and no trouble so far. Running on a solo monitor setup though.

There are still problems with the latest Nvidia drivers? Just installed it early this morning and no trouble so far. Running on a solo monitor setup though.
They patched the issues and released a new one yesterday I believe. So you already got the well working drivers ;)
That's what my friend used to remove the nvidia stuff. Deleted nvidia folders too along with trying to download the drivers directly
Directly? How did he install the drivers another way? Updating through Geforce Experience can lead to issues and it's best advised to check "new installation" during driver installation.

Flandy

That's what my friend used to remove the nvidia stuff. Deleted nvidia folders too along with trying to download the drivers directly. Windows 10 also attempts to update the drivers but it fails

They patched the issues and released a new one yesterday I believe. So you already got the well working drivers ;)

Directly? How did he install the drivers another way? Updating through Geforce Experience can lead to issues and it's best advised to check "new installation" during driver installation.

Geforce Experience was failing. So was downloading it from the website
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Pachimari

Well, if on a triple-monitor setup, the latest Nvidia drivers through GeForce Experience will fuck up your screens, but a restart fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom