• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagamin

Maybe you don't remember me, but today is my birthday, sorry but I'm too poor to do a GAF style giveaway (US$390 11 hours per day, 6 days per week lol) I only want you to say me a happy birthday :D

I'm so lonely
jk =d

Hey! It's ok! ^_^
tumblr_ne5agufhDk1twn3nro1_500.gif

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I was doing amazing this run

was gonna asault my first alien base, after playing this run all day, many hours

decided to stall a bit cause wanted to upgrade armor

random target shows up

go to it

2 codex enemies

take care of the first one

but

sniper misses shot. destroys intel. now mission is useless

but also

retaliation with pistol ability thing from my sniper shoots one. It clones itself

it kills my entire squad

my entire 5 people squad

the same from the beggining of the game

now im pressed to attack the alien base

all I have is rookies

the run is completely ruined

every single mission until this was either flawless or perfect

I sincerely feel like crying. Im not a stable enough person at this point in life to play this game. Fuck everything off this piece of shit earth

don't buy the game. I want to cut my own dick off
Maybe just don't play that mode?

Flandy

Use the option to disable automatic windows update, stick with manually downloading/installing them after DDU is used.

Apparently they used DDU and when it booted back up it had reset the password from the PIN password so you can't get back into windows :x

Eila

in reference to Trails in the Sky 3rd Chapter

XSEED have put a lot of work in all their Falcom PC releases.
I think I'd have liked Ys VI way less without the warp feature integrated by them. The catastrophe mode was also nice.
Such improvements are present in all of their releases so far. With Trails in the Sky they even integrated PSP exclusive content back into the PC release.

neonglow

Here's some extra SEGA Make War Not Love codes for those that missed out on them.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (neonglow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sega Make War Not Love Round 2 -- MB-03319423FA9E7B7C - Taken by Jalal. 1 entrants total.
Sega Make War Not Love Round 2 #2 -- MB-16A210AE5B7060BF - Taken by titch. 1 entrants total.
Sega Make War Not Love Round 3 -- MB-4F65105A36A14CEB - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 1 entrants total.
Sega Make War Not Love Round 3 #2 -- MB-B2D8740B754DE202 - Taken by lindarasta. 1 entrants total.

t1457759533z1.png

Sch1sm

Happy birthday, Pupo! If it's any consolation, I plan to do an anonymous mystery giveaway of DLC to a game nobody wants for my birthday. Might make it into a Trivia giveaway. :D

Anonymous trivia, at least make it fact and not personal. I've seen some impossible ones out there.

E: Happy birthday pupo, and
a belated to
Tizoc.

that Trails thread is filled with whining and bitching from some of the most entitled man children ive seen in a while. makes me disappointed how little they care about the people behind the game or the fact we're getting it at all

im going to sleep.Goodnight

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Got my Moving Hazard Key after about 5 hours. It says it's for beta testing so it might not last?

Steam's backend generates Developer Comp, Beta Testing and Store/Retail Key subs automagically when an app is uploaded. The e-mail PAX players received says that the key entitles players to the final version of the game.

Echoplx

Just got an email from Amazon with a code for the pre-order bonus for Hitman, the gift that keeps on giving

Promotion details:
The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for purchasing "Hitman". Your purchase has qualified you for the bonus offer.

Use the code above to access the Requiem Blood Money Pack, which includes exclusive in-game items, including: Requiem Legacy Suit, Blood Money Shirt, Tie, Gloves, and Silenced ICA-19 Chrome White Rubber Duck Explosive.

Been playing through Black Ops III the last couple days ⁽ᵒᶰ ᵐʸ ᶰᵉʷᶫʸ ᵃᶜᑫᵘᶦʳᵉᵈ ᴾˢ⁴, ᵖᶫᵉᵃˢᵉ ᵘᶰᵈᵉʳˢᵗᵃᶰᵈ⋅⁾ and I don't think I like it, the story is boring, and the gameplay is repetitive, and multiplayer has just gone to a MOBA/F2P Cod Point™ hell that I don't want to sink any time into. Glad I didn't pick this up around launch for PC because I know I would have regretted it.

Nah, "for beta testing" is just default name asigned by Stem to press/beta keys (giving access before release)

Steam's backend generates Developer Comp, Beta Testing and Store/Retail Key subs automagically when an app is uploaded. The e-mail PAX players received says that the key entitles players to the final version of the game.

I suspected it was but thanks for the conformation!

The $375 Rise of the Tomb Raider PC - PC vs Xbox - Rise of the Tomb Raider Graphics Comparison
I am very surprised how the Potato Masher managed to trump the Xbox version with RotTR of all games.

- on Xbox: shaky 30fps, 1080p ingame, 1440x1080 during cutscenes
- AMD TressFX on Xbox (likely) and Nvidia PureHair on PC look identical
- on PM: 1080p@30fps, very high settings, apart texture quality on high
- similar visuals to Xbox besides HBAO+, more tessellation, sun-soft shadows, very stable 30fps
- impossible to get 60fps@1080p at very low settings, at 900p 60fps possible on low settings apart cutscenes
- 60fps with high settings at 720p very possible, difficult to tell apart high settings from very high ones
- 1440p@30fps with medium settings stable, 4K unplayable

For such a visually impressive game like RotTR to have a good showing on the Potato Masher surprised me when I think of the other recent games it struggled at.
I do have to say that even with my fairly powerful PC, attaining a stable 60fps throughout all areas was very inconsistent. Maybe the Xbox was primary focus during dev and LODs and whatnot didn't get optimized enough for a consistent 60fps experience on PC. I didn't mind it much though since pegging a few settings a notch down solved my issues.

I'm curious if DX12 would make an even bigger difference, that is if the 760 has DX12 support?

Backlogger

Got my Hitman bonus codes too. Still haven't redeemed any of them yet though. Still not sure if I want the game right now or not.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
that Trails thread is filled with whining and bitching from some of the most entitled man children ive seen in a while. makes me disappointed how little they care about the people behind the game or the fact we're getting it at all

im going to sleep.Goodnight
It's really disappointing to see this in any respect. It's a shame there's not as many grey names as there were for Bayonetta 2, for example. Some of those guys definitely need some time away to cool their heads.

pahamrick

2 out of 3 Hitman codes after almost an hour since the time stamp on the second one. Come on Amazon, the suit was the one thing I really wanted and that's the one I'm missing.

Salsa

idk what happened but all my Steam shit got reset

opened up Steam, asked me to confirm my email

every game is showing me the EULA when launching

all my rebinding of screenshots and all got back to default

? any ideas?

Maybe you don't remember me, but today is my birthday, sorry but I'm too poor to do a GAF style giveaway (US$390 11 hours per day, 6 days per week lol) I only want you to say me a happy birthday :D

I'm so lonely
jk =d

lEwACD5.png

Happy birthday! Enjoy your day~

pahamrick

? any ideas?

Happened to me too, had to re-enter my password and verify before I could login.

MUnited83

For you.

? any ideas?

same here, only noticed because the steam fps counter dissapeared.

pahamrick

How is this done? I have a GTX 780. Is it in GeForce Experience? Because the game isn't listed on there.

You should have received 3 codes in 3 different emails?

Pre-Order bonus seems screwy. I only got two, was missing the suit. Hit up Amazon chat, and they said my order doesn't show that it has the promo attached so they can't send the missing code and have to have the promotions team contact me within 48 hours.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cliffy B going ham on Olivia Munn on twitter lol. Surprised theres not a thread about it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom