• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

There are exactly two things that made Legacy Collection what it is, neither of them is Cifaldi.
1. Probably Capcom's budget
2. Fucking Backbone Entertainment/Digital Eclipse/whatever fuck.

Cifaldi was an unfortunate mouthpiece and said some things that he probably shouldn't have (criterion collection, lol), should have known better than that knowing the history of the company that was actually doing the work.

Maybe he actually believed that this "new" Digital Eclipse would be good, but turns out it's just like the old Digital Eclipse.

Salsa

Remember when Frank Cifaldi spoke to Jeremy Parish at US Gamer about Digital Eclipse's new initiative to make 'The Criterion Collection of gaming' starting with Mega Man Collection? Couldn't even get correct scaling and PAR right for the common 1920x1080 display resolution and brought all their audio issues with them from the Backbone Entertainment days. And that was just for starters.

but dude he's churchin the corps dont you get it

Ludens

Banned
It's funny how US dudes got a DS key while EU ones, like me, got nothing. Considering the promo was for EU/UK.
That site is racist.

Dark Souls is absolutely a modern classic. Dare I say essential. I hope you all get your codes and play it, even if it doesn't click with you in the end.

Grief.exe

Life is expensive fam

danxWOy.png

Lain

Tried playing The Whispered World today but pretty soon decided to stop and uninstall. The game looked really nicely but the simple fact that during the first dialogue my character wouldn't act out the dialogue choices I picked and instead act out the ones right below was a huge turnoff.
It also felt slower than I remember P&C being.
I'll have to come back to it when I feel less frustrated and I also feel like investigating why it wouldn't read out my dialogue choices.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Got to the beginning of year 3 in Stardew Valley. Got my Statue of Perfection and 28/40 achievements including the "Full Shipment" one. Feels good, man.

I probably won't get all the achievements, like beating that twin-stick shooter game, but there are still a few more things I want to do in the game.

Does it have a actual end?

Sölf

woah that's HUGE

Hopefully they'll bring the prior games along with it. Definitely a franchise everyone should give a try, 999 is just one of the greatest rides I've been on.

I hope they do that. The story wouldn't really make that much sense. Or more, the thrid would more or less spoil the overarching storyline of 999 and VLR most likely.

septicore

Will totally double dip on the Zero Escape series, when it comes to Steam.

Still gonna get Zero Escape 3/Zero Time Dilemma on my 3DS.

Well while the 3DS/PSV date for ZE3 is confirmed for June 28th, the Steam release date is later this year. And to repeat what I edited above, the possibility of porting the other previous games is there but not confirmed.

Does it have a actual end?

Like Harvest Moon, the answer is "yes and no." In HM, the credits roll when you get married but you can keep going forever. In SV, at the beginning of year 3 you get an evaluation from
the ghost of your grandfather who bequeathed you the farm
. If you don't get top marks, you can use a diamond to get re-evaluated later. And of course, even if you get the best grade you can keep going.

Been catching up on PC games recently after years of being on consoles and started shadowrun returns last night. It's bloody amazing so I decided look up on harebrained-schemes. What is this Necropolis because it looks spectacular and more importantly when is it out??

Volimar

So XCOM 2's 1st DLC Anarchys Children, releases tomorrow. Can be bought as part of the Reinforcement Pack or standalone for $4.99.

It seems to be a problem with the Nvidia drivers on start up. I get a message that the computer has to restart because of SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION nvlddmkm.sys. After a few restarts it runs the automatic repair tool and usually it will start after that. I updated all my drivers but that didn't fix it.

I assume it is an HDD not an SSD? Run the long disk check on the HDD. And make sure the BIOS is the latest.

Commercial systems often have this stupid manufacturer specific bloatware that may need updating as well. Or just dump it.

If it passes the HDD test and everything is up to date I would reformat the drive and reinstall everything. But you may want to get a rep on the line before that. They may RMA it instead.

Salsa

not only is it cosmetic stuff but it's also awful lookin

game has free mods. free cosmetic mods. that look better

worst dlc

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What happened to Hero Prinny? Did I break him?

Rhaknar

GAF doesn't need me anymore, they've moved on. I brought you guys Disgaea to PC, my job here is done.

I've been spending most of my time lurking instead, thank you for asking about me though <3

Shut up Prinny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom