• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I actually like it, for several reasons:

I can buy a console with better tech down the line, if I'm going to pay $350bucks I don't want 10 year old hardwares. For people who "don't care" and "can't tell" resolution and framerate, there may now be cheaper (maybe?) older generation/used consoles in the market for them to buy.

Games with crappy performance we got may benefit from the extra power. Although they shouldn't be running crappily in the first place it's still the reality we live in, at least now I can have a choice to run them with better hardware outside of begging the companies to fix it or begging them to release it on PC/Buying/begging for remasters a generation later.

but I'm one of the people who like the idea of steam machines too.

i feel it depends a lot on the "ecosystem" they build with this.

like i know some people enjoy it but i find the neverending stream of new videocards and shit to be super tiring to go through every time i feel the need to upgrade and would hope that's not the model consoles follow

but something like ps4 model 2/3/etc. that releases every 2 or 3 years i think works pretty well

the problem this creates is kind of similar to the pc issue tho, of like who do you develop for? do u develop for model 1 so it runs wel on everything? or model 5 so it looks amazing on the latest hardware? or model 2 since that's the one most people have?

and like i think it's a really shitty situation if they start making games for model 3+ and you as a model 2 get screwed without even being able to tune graphics settings like you would do on pc to make it work

complicated stuff

One thing that annoys me about Deadbolt is how melee weapons are supposed to be for stealth-ier attacks but I find actually using a knife or hammer alerts every enemy in close proximity but using a gun doesn't. I understand being alerted if the enemy is in the same room but in surrounding rooms to the left or right? Even above or below? And a shotgun blast does nothing...just, what?

I don't understand the scoring/rating system because improving your rating on a level nets you nothing and how the system works doesn't seem clear. I've had quick runs where I don't die, maybe miss one swing of a melee attack and use a gun twice, non-head shot, where I score lower than a run where I die multiple times, missed multiple times and take longer but get a high score.

Any tips on best way to enjoy Dead Rising 2: Off the Record? Never played a Dead Rising before. Want to try and enjoy it for what is unique about it. Off to get some Zombrex now.

Been thinking about replaying Samorost 1 and 2 given that the 3 is out next week. But concerned I'll get burnt out on it.

Dr Dogg

Well today had the recipe to be an absolute horror show, especially with my boss dumping me with all her work whilst she went swooning off to Cheltenham. But PayPal got their act together and sorted out my balance transfers by lunch, sold more stuff on eBay than I expected to, got some ridiculous guns in The Division that heal me more than the dudes at my level can damage me and to top it all Iain Duncan Smith has resigned his position. Couldn't bloody make it up.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well today had the recipe to be an absolute horror show, especially with my boss dumping me with all her work whilst she went swooning off to Cheltenham. But PayPal got their act together and sorted out my balance transfers by lunch, sold more stuff on eBay than I expected to, got some ridiculous guns in The Division that heal me more than the dudes at my level can damage me and to top it all Iain Duncan Smith has resigned his position. Couldn't bloody make it up.

did u get all the ebay-paypal money back? when i try to buy an old box of fallout 2 off ebay and they never sent it or argie customs people stole it or whatever and i asked for a refund i got like 70% of the money back :T

Uzzy

Seen his resignation letter? Spitting hot fire at Osborne, guess he wants to take him out the post referendum leadership race.

Hektor

Day 2 of my quest for Liadrin.

This dangerously monotonous adventure lulls my mind.
I started having a hard time concentrating myself. I can only write this diary intoxicated with booze, as without it, only a single thought dominates my unfortunate mind.

WoW suckzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz asssssssss

If it's taking you two days to hit 20 just for the Hearthstone reward, it's not the game that sucks. Even without heirlooms leveling in WoW is ridiculously fast. You should be out of the starter area and level 5 within 20 minutes. If you're in a log jam quest area, you can easily drop the quest, bypass it and move on. It should only take 2-4 hours to level to 15, the speed depends on you, and from there the dungeon finder opens up and the remaining five levels should fly by.

What race did you pick?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
You can also ask here: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1094682

However someone in here should be able to lead you in the right way. I would myself, but to be honest I know just enough to get by really.

Try the tech support and I need a new pc threads.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377301

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1094682

They know their stuff. Post your specs and budget, I'm sure someone will guide you.

Potato. Masher.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZR-a35sxLg
You don't have to emulate it 100% or at all, but the guys cover some core reasons why they favored certain parts over others when building their "console killer" PC with the target of running games as well or better than you'd get if you bought a PS4.

Cheers lads, will ask in there and check out that video

Grief.exe

It's so perfect.

dma5KPv.gif

Got a $20 Steam card today. The FFX-2 fund has been allocated.

Regarding incremental console uprgades I could see it working, but I don't trust any of the current players to do it properly.

EDIT -
XYkCWJx.png

I honestly feel bad for laughing at it.

Don't. That shit feeds my soul. I used to wait for the obvious cullings and then try and drop some witty reply in the old GG threads making fun of them.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
You are the camera and just an "observer".

Like that Lakitu from Mario 64.

Man now I want a vr game where you play as lakitu and the goal is to capture as much quality footage as you can during an expert level play through of mario 64

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I had no idea my PS+ sub was still active, and I had no idea Galak-Z was free atm in it. Well that sure is better than a kick in the balls

Nabs

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Road to Ballhalla Alpha -- MB-07D0837CD536BC1A - Taken by mp1990

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure -- MB-25496BC49EAAE429 - Taken by PAUonePUNCH
t1cxE6r.gif
Dreamfall Chapters -- MB-52F718456735B9AA - Taken by kagamin
The Last Remnant -- MB-0ACB8D3809C8E21E - Taken by roadrunn3r
Life Is Strange Episode 1 -- MB-ADF5E15C88840D5C - Taken by Costa1774
Tex Murphy Complete Pack -- MB-1BA5983D22CEF0B1 - Taken by Kurt Russell
Shadowrun Returns -- MB-A29B23457A0488DA - Taken by theMrCravens
Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut -- MB-D67A9D4E191F253E - Taken by dot

Some stuff:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

MEN OF WAR: ASSAULT SQUAD -- MB-93EBBE61B7B38A92 - Taken by neonglow
MEN OF WAR: RED TIDE -- MB-F067DEB8FED5A123 - Taken by septicore
MEN OF WAR: CONDEMNED HEROES -- MB-32097985D2EA2ADB - Taken by UnderWaterTree
MEN OF WAR -- MB-A43621064320CB3E - Taken by voodooray

I also have the DLC for Assault Squad. If you take AS PM me and I'll give you the keys for those.

rtcn63

Far Cry Primal on uplay doesn't work for me. I either get a black screen then crash, or I get to the "Warning" screen and crash. Validated files, tried offline, etc.

Fuck you uplay.

mp1990

Banned
Case 2 of Danganronpa completed.

SoGood.gif

The best has yet to come. Case 3 is cool, but got me sighing quite a few times, it requires a lot of mental gymnastics to go through. From Case 4 and on, though, is where things start to get really good. Enjoy!

EDIT: Wait. You're talking about Danganronpa 1, right? So ignore everything i just said.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Block'hood is not what I expected. I expected a SimTower sort of Green-environment simulator. Instead I get a RTS battle-order bullshit while fucking around with the isometric view in Sandbox while trying to build a foundation before building the landscape and requirements and the game bitches because it's "real-time" and wants those requirements otherwise it'll decay/destroy the stuff you build.

:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom