• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annubis

HOLY MOLLY!

vDyEXHB.png

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Says: "The currently installed version of this driver is newer than what you are trying to install, aborting the installation". Only gives me an option to cancel.

In that case, you're going to have to uninstall your current PhysX drivers with "Add or remove programs" and install the old ones, then install the new ones back over them. I think you're basically just missing a legacy physx .dll file that *should* be added when you installed Alpha Protocol, but isn't because you already have newer ones, but AP won't run with those ones. For whatever reason. I had the same issues with Mass Effect 2 and Deadly Premonition.

zkylon

zkylewd
how do you guys feel about a mod that turns harvey into my friend's cute japanese little cousin

120-0-1458342311.jpg

also man pam i feel a lot more empathetic to pam when she looks like this

119-0-1458324316.jpg

modding community for this game so good

DasFool

i think how they are doing it is going to cause a huge amount of confusion.

and wow... the paid access 55 dollar tier is the #2 best seller right now....

Yes, I wish they had somehow just kept off the release until April. The average consumer would see a big fat FREE and believe it's playable now...

The actually free version doesn't release until the end of April.

According to their steam page not even the paid version is out today:

Please note the following
1. Service Schedule
- Founder's Server Open Date : Tuesday, March 29, 2016 02:00 AM (EST)
- Free to Play Server Open Date : Thursday, April 28, 2016 (EST)

This is so weird. Why release the game today if it's not really out? Why not just use a normal preorder thing?

Have some pinball tables. After all, they are the reason why animu is on Steam.

ModBot said:
Instructions for ramoisdead:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ramoisdead, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Pinball FX2 Venom -- MB-809C0A3236F76982 - Taken by Deques
Pinball FX2 Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron -- MB-88338BF9FA6B2560 - Taken by rainking187
Pinball FX2 Guardians of the Galaxy -- MB-2B89C20D7CA5D63F - Taken by Jawmuncher
Pinball FX2 - Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force Pack -- MB-C0A7DA0259909ECA - Taken by Kuroyume
Pinball FX2 Iron & Steel Pack -- MB-0896E3035422AEB2 - Taken by bigzgod

Grief.exe

I was looking at old processors on ebay to see if I could pick up an i7 for cheap that would slot into my mobo, these prices do not drop.

i7 2600k/2700k - Sandy Bridge
i7 3930k - Sandy Bridge -E
i7 3770k - Ivy Bridge

Each around $200 on ebay.

zkylon

zkylewd
man i remembered to add tits 2 to my cart just as the promotion's ended

sucks, i'm gonna make sure to buy it next time it's 20, that's a super reasonable discount

all my money's going into nendos anyways

Knurek

I was looking at old processors on ebay to see if I could pick up an i7 for cheap that would slot into my mobo, these prices do not drop.

i7 3770k - Ivy Bridge

Why should they drop when each of these is perfectly capable of gaming even today?

Microsoft said:
The build also introduces several known issues which you might want to read before installing it on your device. So, here are the known issues for PCs in build 14291:

If you have Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Internet Security, or the Kaspersky Total Security Suite installed on your PC there is a known driver bug that prevents these programs from working as expected in builds from the Development Branch. We are partnering with Kaspersky to fix this issue for a future release, but at this time there are no known workarounds. While this issue is present, we recommend using Windows Defender or another third party anti-virus product of your choice to remain protected.

Lol, yeah, no thank you.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

i7 3770k - Ivy Bridge

They're still the "high-end" aren't they? Intel's new chips still aren't out until Summer?

Yes, I wish they had somehow just kept off the release until April. The average consumer would see a big fat FREE and believe it's playable now...

Yeah, the 2 months early access is bullshit. Early access means no server wipe, then the EA folks will be already at level cap by the time free players come in.

TSM

Haha, you know you have a hell of a backlog when you check your downloads and see an update for a game that makes you go "Wait, what the hell is that? I own that?"

Yeah, the 2 months early access is bullshit. Early access means no server wipe, then the EA folks will be already at level cap by the time free players come in.

Not even that, people who buy access today won't be able to get in until the 29th. I don't understand their reasoning behind putting up the game today when it's not playable till the 29th at the earliest.

Grief.exe

They're still the "high-end" aren't they? Intel's new chips still aren't out until Summer?

These processors released in 2011 and early 2012, something else is propping up that market.

My eventual plan is to turn my current build into a media server when I upgrade. I was hoping to grab an i7 and a higher-end motherboard with more features (current mobo ony has two SATA III ports for example).

These processors released in 2011 and early 2012, something else is propping up that market.

My eventual plan is to turn my current build into a media server when I upgrade. I was hoping to grab an i7 and a higher-end motherboard with more features (current mobo ony has two SATA III ports for example).
Bad news, the max number of SATA3 ports on LGA1155 boards is two.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bad news, the max number of SATA3 ports on LGA1155 boards is two.

As far as Intel's controller goes, yes, but many motherboards have an additional one, for a total of four SATA3 ports.

Edit: But good luck finding a higher-end 1155 motherboard for a decent price.

As far as Intel's controller goes, yes, but many motherboards have an additional one, for a total of four SATA3 ports.

Edit: But good luck finding a higher-end 1155 motherboard for a decent price.
I can't even find any 1155 board in new condition in where I live.

JaseC

I can't even find any 1155 board in new condition in where I live.

Yeah, stores here stopped selling them yonks ago, but some basic ~$100 models are still floating around on eBay. They're practically useless for enthusiast builds, though.

JarrodL

I wonder how amused the long time PC people must be right now after a bunch of years last gen where it seemed like PC gaming was fading away in favor to the focus on consoles. Now they're seeming to adopt PC models in order to keep pace with the market.

Gaming sure is weird.

It sure is. I remember like 7-8 (?) years ago I was posting on a hardware forum, and this one guy was genuinely surprised I was looking to buy new components for a gaming desktop PC because apparently PC gaming was dead and everyone was supposed to be gaming on a console, and maybe a cheap laptop for a few games that weren't on a console.

JaseC

I think I've screwed myself in FC4. It seems there was supposed to be a cutscene shortly after the previous mission, but instead of waiting I immediately fast-travelled to a nearby set of secondary missions and now there is no Golden Path icon on the map.

Edit: Ah, wait, there's a Sabal icon. The middle of a lake doesn't strike me as a wise spot for a blue icon. ;)

Dr Dogg

Mecromancer was probably the most fun class for me in Blands 2. Perks with a nice helping of risk/reward and an action skill with great utility make for a fun mix. Probably the best solo class as well. Of course soloing Blands 2 is a gruelling endeavour.

Dr Dogg

I still 'need' to plough through the DLC in Blands 1. Might give it a look in sometime now that SecuROM has been gutted from them fully but I'm in no rush. Maybe when morningbus does the Blands stream my 'enthusiasm' might be rekindled.

JaseC

I still 'need' to plough through the DLC in Blands 1. Might give it a look in sometime now that SecuROM has been gutted from them fully but I'm in no rush. Maybe when morningbus does the Blands stream my 'enthusiasm' might be rekindled.

Be warned that none of the DLC locations have fast travel. This isn't an issue in Dr. Ned, since it's small enough so as to not be a bother, and the Moxxi Arena as it's, well, an arena, but travelling back and forth in the other two campaigns is a royal pain in the arse.

I have tried twice over the years to play bl2 but it struck me as mostly bl1.5 but now the enemies try to roll out of the way of fire.

I played so much of bl1 (got the platinum on the ps3) that I felt exhausted trying to play bl2 even a year after its release.

Maybe I'll give it another go soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom