• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

zewone

The NA PC version of DS3 has been out n about for a while now. Nobody has reported any severe issues like GB is doing. And GB guys admitted it seems to be only them via their podcast. Several people on twitch have been playing and streaming that shit for days now. There is a bunch playing right now. The performance on pc seems to be actually very good and even GB guys said it runs fine. Those crashing issues are probably on their end.

Wait..it's out already? Like a physical copy or digital somewhere?

JarrodL

Thanks fam.

Are the books long or short? My free time is quite limited right now so hopefully they aren't George R.R. Martin length or anything.

The first two books are collections of short stories (but with interweaving overall narrative and introducing key characters), while the rest are a saga series of novels. They are are all somewhere between 109 - 125k words, so not too long I'd say (game of thrones are like 300-400k).

Parsnip

Played a little bit of Fake Colours.
It's kind of ugly and a bit boring cube puzzler thing. Menu's look like babby's first Unity game.
Played like maybe 6 levels (out of like 30 I think) and that was enough to see what it does and how it does it.
Didn't care for it to be honest.

It's only 0.99€ so I guess there's that.

MUnited83

For you.
We'll see, but treating day-one fans like dirt when numerous other PC titles retrofitted DX upgrades in with patches just left a sour taste in my mouth when it comes to Namco and From.

Unless PS5 and XB2 get released next year, i'm going to go ahead and say that there won't be a reworked version, so you don't need to worry about that.

Tizoc

OK so a few of these codes should still be unclaimed
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MANOS: The Hands of Fat -- MB-E3C3A7E5B0DA168B - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.
Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey -- MB-A4EB0AA35619D5F5 - Taken by Aaron D.. 2 entrants total.
Reus -- MB-A371D480DBFEC08B - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 1 entrants total.
Deponia -- MB-E2B096788122F129 - Taken by mp1990. 1 entrants total.
Journey of a Roach -- MB-CF3351D1685DFD5A - Taken by Zeeman. 1 entrants total.
A new beginning: Final Cut -- MB-1F94B9779CE66DB4
The Counting Kingdom -- MB-FC4CCE45FA294AD7 - Taken by WinterDemons. 2 entrants total.
Full Mojo Rampage -- MB-10CCAE13AA77CF40 - Taken by bloke. 1 entrants total.
Loren: The Amazon Princess -- MB-BC27058C8402007F - Taken by titch. 1 entrants total.
The Walking Dead Season 2 Telltale Key -- MB-14873390F5BDDDE0 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Game of Thrones Telltale Key -- MB-A49CB239D53E887E - Taken by Endruen. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: Western Front DLC -- MB-FE84BDFAC187B75F
The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav -- MB-1F01F552993D070B - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes -- MB-B1E3CC8D127A6A90 - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
Ironclad Tactics -- MB-82DF692D5648C770 - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.

t1458931250z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 54 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Girls Like Robots -- MB-93AB8594F65E7445 - Taken by Delicious Waffles. 12 entrants total.
Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-111F63B61AE776FE - Taken by dot. 11 entrants total.
Rex Rocket -- MB-098B2E4D64B1D01C - Taken by Costa1774. 11 entrants total.
Time Mysteries Inheritance - Remastered -- MB-6C8B3A1EFEF04FC1 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Tap Heroes -- MB-550F9796E2DAA6C3 - Taken by swx. 3 entrants total.
AR-K -- MB-B449E8CB2CFBC8B4 - Taken by Arthea. 4 entrants total.
Life is Hard -- MB-185B6D3B88853F0F - Taken by Kuroyume. 4 entrants total.
Burnstar -- MB-6DE9E7A0EDE7A0BE - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
Grim Legends 2 Song of the Dark Swan -- MB-091C55DA37222194 - Taken by Kuroyume. 3 entrants total.
Heaven Island -- MB-32535F31B21688A3 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 1 entrants total.
Grim Legends The Forsaken Bride -- MB-D730AFC053F6F025 - Taken by alr1ght. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-83086791F406099E - Taken by Driw3r. 6 entrants total.
NaissanceE -- MB-B31F107CF87BDFCD - Taken by Zeeman. 3 entrants total.
PING 1.5 Plus -- MB-7779DED539C1161B - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 4 entrants total.
C. Kane -- MB-FFAD72338B158914 - Taken by drakaenae. 4 entrants total.
Goosebumps The Game -- MB-486EA46B9623DEC1 - Taken by Jawmuncher. 7 entrants total.
World War II GI -- MB-CF9F0C5E75A95B5F - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Loot Hero DX -- MB-626AE4A524632744 - Taken by calyx. 4 entrants total.
See No Evil -- MB-073276A5F9260D38 - Taken by Kifimbo. 2 entrants total.
Vapour -- MB-718DCE9B749D0ABD - Taken by ExoSoul. 3 entrants total.
Doodle God -- MB-100557A4107D5CDE - Taken by Insumatposa. 2 entrants total.
Caveman Craig -- MB-5D3E7A5F0EA9E77A - Taken by bloke. 2 entrants total.
Nightmares from the Deep 3 Davy Jones -- MB-0A9249D04288EA14 - Taken by Costa1774. 3 entrants total.
Silver Knight -- MB-150864CC999AC885 - Taken by gaiadyne. 3 entrants total.
Circuits -- MB-7ABF1B075A3F3B3C - Taken by Madn. 1 entrants total.
Queen's Quest Tower of Darkness -- MB-AA8A9B551027FD20 - Taken by neonglow
Shadowrun Dragonfall Director's Cut -- MB-18B4B61E7AA9FCD0 - Taken by Dr.Social. 13 entrants total.
Kick Ass Commandos -- MB-20332E7F1CB3F20F - Taken by freshVeggie. 4 entrants total.
9 Clues 2 The Ward -- MB-2C6B393A358452DA - Taken by yoshizzle
FLASHOUT 2 -- MB-489A426A9FD1B084 - Taken by Eila. 3 entrants total.
Shadowrun Returns -- MB-DAC25624E7E87A90 - Taken by dave is ok. 10 entrants total.
Centauri Sector -- MB-10C52DFFA545E250 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 3 entrants total.
Starlord -- MB-A5EF6231F21080DF - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
The Land Of Lamia -- MB-306820E3C23FE174 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
Clockwork Tales Of Glass and Ink -- MB-2C0E0E100FA983CF - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total.
Dreaming Sarah -- MB-758F6CDEECEC6A7B - Taken by mp1990. 2 entrants total.

Procyon -- MB-6835595BB2B19611 - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.
Cashtronauts -- MB-00D958AA764386E5 - Taken by Eila. 2 entrants total.
Riddled Corpses -- MB-98E31563C61B4DBC - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight Dark Forces II -- MB-F42269A27F6C7DBE - Taken by Mixed2k. 1 entrants total.
Frankenstein Master of Death -- MB-AEE70F61E49D8486 - Taken by someguyinahat. 3 entrants total.
Silent Service -- MB-EF8FAA4934CA6E72 - Taken by 19Kilo. 1 entrants total.
Story Of the Survivor -- MB-B6C3173BBD7ECA97 - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
Arcane Sorcery -- MB-EAF41FE832166526 - Taken by bloke. 2 entrants total.
Dracula's Legacy -- MB-C79803B3DA7E6877 - Taken by drakaenae. 3 entrants total.
Chip -- MB-A25F911BC88EB68E - Taken by Hakkelus. 1 entrants total.
Deadlock II Shrine Wars -- MB-6F0C9677464E15F4 - Taken by septicore. 2 entrants total.
PIXELMAN -- MB-FCFCC1D5D582D3F6 - Taken by voodooray. 5 entrants total.
Star Wars Dark Forces -- MB-70FCAC35B71D1E67 - Taken by Jalal. 2 entrants total.
AXYOS -- MB-D089B5F228E09785 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Grey Cubes -- MB-DC57969086D1AD4E - Taken by mrks. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords -- MB-B49AE4F86FBB3468 - Taken by laserlaser. 11 entrants total.
Tycoon City New York -- MB-BB8D810EBE03E42A - Taken by SSPssp. 2 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Covert Action -- MB-9942AE2591205DA0 - Taken by Natty1. 6 entrants total.

t1458934129z1.png

They're about medium length, but they read super quickly because he has a short, terse writing style.

The first two books are collections of short stories (but with interweaving overall narrative and introducing key characters), while the rest are a saga series of novels. They are are all somewhere between 109 - 125k words, so not too long I'd say (game of thrones are like 300-400k).

Cool, thanks. I could use a good easy fantasy read. I'll check them out.

zewone

I'm not going to use these, so if anyone wants them, I'm just throwing it out there.

20% Off on the following Juct Cause 3 (1 time use only)
Coupon code: JC3N-Q1KJ-E323-S4A1 (Coupon Expiration date: 3/31/2016 11:59PM PST)

JUST CAUSE™ 3 XL EDITION [PC DOWNLOAD]
JUST CAUSE™ 3 Collector's Edition [XBOX ONE]
JUST CAUSE™ 3 Collector's Edition [PS4]
JUST CAUSE™ 3 [PC DOWNLOAD]
JUST CAUSE™ 3 [XBOX ONE]
JUST CAUSE™ 3 [PS4]

20% Off on the following Rise Of The Tomb Raider (1 time use only)
Coupon code: TRNA-LJ7D-YQ4R-6CZ7 (Coupon Expiration date: 3/31/2016 11:59PM PST)
RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER™ [PC DOWNLOAD]
Rise of the Tomb Raider Collector’s Edition [PC]
Rise of the Tomb Raider Collector’s Edition [XBOX ONE]
RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER™ DIGITAL DELUXE [PC DOWNLOAD]

KarmaCow

Pre-price hike Canadian price?

The price has reverted back to $94 CAD for the standard version and that was never $54 USD. The Russian version seems to be $57 CAD, maybe it isn't region locked?

And man I would love to get it that cheap but I'm really worried about it not be playable on my shitty graphics card that I don't want to risk getting saddled with a non-refundable copy.

Also, while I'm in this thread I should remind everyone who plays the best MOBA on Steam:

Smite is in the middle of its 2nd anniversary event.

Smite Birthday Week!

All week:
- Double login bonuses
- 33% off gems
- 50% off the Ultimate God Pack

Today 3/25 – 1 FWOTD Cutesy Thor Icon

Saturday 3/26 – 2x Everything

Sunday 3/27– 3 FWOTD SMITE Chest Roll

Monday 3/28 – Voice Pack Sale 50% Off

The price has reverted back to $94 CAD for the standard version and that was never $54 USD. The Russian version seems to be $57 CAD, maybe it isn't region locked?

And man I would love to get it that cheap but I'm really worried about it not be playable on my shitty graphics card that I don't want to risk getting saddled with a non-refundable copy.

You can bet it is region locked (everything is, nowadays)

sprinkles

I finally finished Trails in the Sky SC. That final dungeon is just huge, and it took me way longer than I expected. But then the same can be said for each chapter - it is a huge ass game. I am in love with most of the characters though, so I enjoyed my second time in Liberl.

Now the long wait for Trails 3rd begins. I could play Trails of Cold Steel on my Vita but the first hour or so reinforced my dislike for playing RPG on handheld platforms.

MUnited83

For you.

The reversions for the most part were not total reversions, they just cut back a little bit on the increases. I think it was a little more cheaper than it is now. Couple it with the 5% discount and TF2/CSGO keys economy into account, and I'd guess that selling it for 56$ before would be doable. I need to research the numbers though.

Lain

Saw this release in the new releases list and went to check the store page and noticed the lack of English. Saw the announcement about it and gave it a read:
You might have noticed that the store page says that the only language in which this game is available is Brazilian Portuguese. Unfortunately, you read that right. No, this is not a database error, it is the naked truth. There is no English version currently available.

We do want to release an English version eventually, but right now, we can't. It would take a great amount of time and money to make it happen, because the whole game is dynamically sung-through like a musical, and we'd need native singers and lyricists with a good sense of comedic timing and all that jazz.

Therefore, we chose to make the Portuguese version available ASAP for the thousands of Brazilians that supported our local crowdfunding campaign and/or pre-ordered the game at Nuuvem (http://www.nuuvem.com.br/).

We are currently speaking to Valve and we plan to put a region lock on this game so that people who don't speak Portuguese won't buy this game by accident.

We are deeply sorry for all the confusion this might have caused, and we hope we'll be able to give this game the top-notch English localization we believe it deserves.

I think the bolded is a mistake.

RS4-

I gotta think about a game I'm looking forward to. Then again, I haven't been keeping tabs on PC games for a while now.

Only 'big' thing on my radar right now is Planet Coaster.

Eila

Saw this release in the new releases list and went to check the store page and noticed the lack of English. Saw the announcement about it and gave it a read:

I think the bolded is a mistake.

563 playing it, that's a lot for a portuguese only game.
I reckon I could play through it, it looks like Wonder Boy style ARPG.

Khilandros

The standard version of Dark Souls III on steam has always been $66.49 CDN (everytime I've checked my steam)

The deluxe edition is $94 CDN, never checked if it was ever lower at any point.

jtb

Banned
What's the lowest Skyrim: Legendary Edition usually goes? I figure grabbing it on sale is probably the cheapest way to get the expansions, no?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Robocraft Starter Pack -- MB-C71532DDA98BA04F

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Robocraft Starter Pack was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

bigzgod

$10 isn't bad. I'll snap it up then, I guess.

Amazon has sold the Dragonborn and Dawnguard dlc at $2.50 each before and Hearthfire at $1.24. Whether or not it happens again is hard to say but it has been cheaper than $10 before for the dlc separately.

bigzgod

Stick of Truth for $7.49 seems like a good deal but could it go lower? Part of me thinks its been this low before.

South Park is in the Humbly Monthly. For $12 (or $10.80 with coupon), you can get South Park, This War of Mine, and 4 other games. Unless you're not interested in the other games, that's better value.

Stick of Truth for $7.49 seems like a good deal but could it go lower? Part of me thinks its been this low before.

it could go for $5 but Ubi has been really hesitant about selling their AAA releases at $5 lately.

Plus, you could do a lot worse than South Park for $7 though i found that the game got a bit tedious halfway through it myself

South Park is in the Humbly Monthly. For $12 (or $10.80 with coupon), you can get South Park, This War of Mine, and 4 other games. Unless you're not interested in the other games, that's better value.

he could also sell whatever other keys he gets after the rest of the bundle is revealed

There are keys for this game floating around out in the wild cheaper than that right now. There will probably be even more in about a week or so when the current monthly ends and people on the fence rush to pick it up at the last minute.

Aaron D.

This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Lomax, who is running this raffle.

The Division (uPlay) -- MB-A67D9870BFCB3C62 - Taken by Aaron D.. 36 entrants total.

This is an NVidea key and may not work, must be redeemed at https://redeem.geforce.com/en-us/ if you win please let me know if it works or not

Hi guys. Coupon did not go through. Message said, "This coupon code has been disabled. Please contact support."

Thanks either way, Lomax! This is the first "high-stakes" ModBot giveaway I've ever won, so it was a thrill just to see my name pulled. :)

Thanks again.

That is definitely a better value. I'll look into that, thanks.

it could go for $5 but Ubi has been really hesitant about selling their AAA releases at $5 lately.

Plus, you could do a lot worse than South Park for $7 though i found that the game got a bit tedious halfway through it myself

he could also sell whatever other keys he gets after the rest of the bundle is revealed

Also a good option if I go the Humble Monthly route.

There are keys for this game floating around out in the wild cheaper than that right now. There will probably be even more in about a week or so when the current monthly ends and people on the fence rush to pick it up at the last minute.

If it's okay to ask (don't know if it's against the rules - if it is, no need to say anything), where in the wild would you recommend?

I've only had a gaming PC for a few months so I'm still trying to find the best ways to save a buck on a lot of the games I missed out on.

Thanks for the advice. Appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom