• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
No.
I mean, I "only" played for 3 hours so far (as Pyromancer), but it seems pretty good. Decently CPU-heavy if you want to maintain 60 FPS at maximum settings, but that's to be expected from a "next-gen" game.

Does it support SLI? All I want to know

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sorry, can't say anything about that, I don't use SLI.
(Primarily because I exceedingly rarely play AAA games and want to avoid the compatibility lottery outside of those)

Well...shit

On another note, how long is your average Undertale playthrough? More or less. 8ish hours?

Tesseract

Banned
CAtO7O-UMAA1A0f.jpg:large

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Jerry McPartlin Rebel with a Cause -- MB-EB9522A5BE3F8B55 - Taken by septicore
Dreamscapes Nightmare's Heir -- MB-B3FB4CFF182DCAAC - Taken by SSPssp
The Archetype -- MB-E0C8CB62D226EBBD - Taken by ExoSoul

Hrm...

Jerry McPartlin (Rebel with a Cause)
header.jpg

Rhys (Tales From the Borderlands)
latest

They don't look similar... but they don't look dissimilar, either.

Knurek

No.
I mean, I "only" played for 3 hours so far (as Pyromancer), but it seems pretty good. Decently CPU-heavy if you want to maintain 60 FPS at maximum settings, but that's to be expected from a "next-gen" game.

Decently CPU-heavy (4 threads required) or absurdly CPU-heavy (even you 6T12H CPU isn't enough)?

zkylon

zkylewd
well, bought the deluxe edition of dark souls 3 off gmg since i had a 27% off coupon or something

here's hoping the spiders in this one aren't too bad

Anteater

I guess the division's appeal is on mostly loot and filling up bars, so far it's a bit like any other TPSes but with stats and online, shooting and enemy encounters are nothing amazing, but it's entertaining and all the equipment and loot and upgrades will keep you occupied for a while until you max them out

not bad so far, I can see myself logging in to fart around, especially since I don't have an online game to play atm

some level designs aren't so bad too when there are open areas

Ludens

Banned
Bemine revoked my Dragonsphere and Sid Mayer something keys bought in a bundle in 2014.
Am I the only one?
EDIT: It seems in Groupee chat other people have the same issue.
EDIT 2 : Maybe those keys were from that Bemine fuckup in which some keys unlocked also for people who bought a lower tier bundle. Still strange this happened after two years anyway.

zkylon

zkylewd
abbigail is such a weirdo

i gave her a flower and she was like "you brought me food! this looks so yummy!"

stop eating flowers, abby

it's gross

ViviOggi

I guess the division's appeal is on mostly loot and filling up bars, so far it's a bit like any other TPSes but with stats and online, shooting and enemy encounters are nothing amazing, but it's entertaining and all the equipment and loot and upgrades will keep you occupied for a while until you max them out

not bad so far, I can see myself logging in to fart around, especially since I don't have an online game to play atm

some level designs aren't so bad too when there are open areas
The problem is the loot being vanilla D3 tier

Benedict

I'm having trouble with my internet connection which has led to several failures logging in to Steam. steam Mobile app doesn't send me codes because of this
Now it says I have to wait and try again later.

How long do I have to wait?

Saty

How do i make charts in Excel that have 2 bars for the same X-axis segment? Like, i wanna make charts based on Steamspy data of some game's sales per month but i also want to list the max discount on the Steam store foe each month.

The max discount number doesn't have to be a bar, i just want to have that info next\above\below the unit sales in a readable and understandable manner.

From Square Enix Easter surprise box.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's cut -- MB-3D05083527FA651E - Taken by S1n1st3r. 1 entrants total.

t1458995753z1.png

Parsnip

So, any bets on whether Square/Tabata will announce a PC version of FF15 in that Uncovered event on the 30th?

I'm saying yes. With a 50% chance that it's a simultaneous release with the consoles.

Ludens

Banned
So, any bets on whether Square/Tabata will announce a PC version of FF15 in that Uncovered event on the 30th?

I'm saying yes. With a 50% chance that it's a simultaneous release with the consoles.

I'm sure a PC edition will happen. They spent the hell out of money on this game for like 10 years, so they NEED to recover those money.
Regarding when, well, I think it will come later. SE is used to double dipping practice, they know FFXV, despite being good or bad (I don't know, I'm VERY interested in the game as I wrote multiple times, but at the same time there are so many things I have doubts on), will sell ton of copies. So they will probably use that to sell console copies first and release a PC version later when sales on console will stop. Maybe in six months is my bet.

Grief.exe

I would be surprised if they announce the release prior to the consoles, unless they are fundamentally shifting their strategy.

Jawmuncher

The double dip strategy really depends. If the game ends up being really good it can work. But if it's just ok, unless it has a good discount it becomes a harder sell. They tried the double dip approach for type 0 and it didn't completely work out. Though I think it at least sold more than X1...maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom