• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What's more impressive is that he's playing it back to back with Far Cry 4. Now I like my Ubi collectathons as much as anyone else but I can't imagine playing them one after the other. But nothing stops the Australian.

I wasn't feeling Primal to begin with, but now that I have a friend in the form of a sabretooth tiger and an upgraded longbow that fires two arrows simultaneously (which means headshots are viable even on enemies wearing skull helmets), it's actually quite fun.

Still waiting for my Assassin Creed WW2 game. Though this rumored shake up to Egypt is sounding pretty nice.

A chunk of AssCreed Syndicate is set in WW1 and it's actually quite neat... but I still hope that Ubi doesn't have any designs on taking the series further chronologically than it already has. I, for one, am exceedingly glad that a modern-day AssCreed has yet to happen.

(My fingers and toes are still crossed for a current/next-gen revisit to Renaissance Italy.)

maybe he got his saves deleted at 99% in fc4

:D

i don't like this suit in dead space 2

it looks fat

I'm happy to report that I finished the main campaign and Yeti DLC without incident. I didn't bother with the prison DLC as it's essentially a time attack mode.

Jawmuncher

I wasn't feeling Primal to begin with, but now that I have a friend in the form of a sabretooth tiger and an upgraded longbow that fires two arrows simultaneously, it's actually quite fun.

A chunk of AssCreed Syndicate is set in WW1 and it's actually quite neat... but I still hope that Ubi doesn't have any designs on taking the series further chronologically than it already has. I, for one, am exceedingly glad that a modern-day AssCreed has yet to happen.

(My fingers and toes are still crossed for a current/next-gen revisit to Renaissance Italy.)

I'm happy to report that I finished the main campaign and Yeti DLC without incident. I didn't bother with the prison DLC as it's essentially a time attack mode.

I feel like WW2 would be the farthest it should go. Modern Day or future Ass Creed would kind of defeat the purpose i feel as well.

derExperte

Daily Deal - The Age of Decadence, 40% Off

header.jpg

Volume, $8

Aaron D.

Crazy that nvidia disabled them even before Newegg has said anything about it. Sorry for the disappointment, I'm out right now but when I get home I'll send you my list of keys and see if there's something else you'd like.

Thanks for the alternate game, Lomax!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How is blood dragon? I've never played a game in the series.

It's literally Far Cry 3 with a different coat of paint, retro cutscenes and DINOSAURS WITH LAZERS!!! The novelty wore off rather quickly for me, but, given its relatively small size, I'd say it's a good way to introduce yourself to Ubi's take on the series.

I find the Steam controller to be a superior device for anything which uses the right analog stick for camera control, not just games primarily built for mouse/keyboard controls. Trackpad in low friction trackball mode >> a thumbstick for camera control and aiming.
Plus you have two paddles which makes it easier to run or attack while moving the camera. The Steam controller is my controller of choice for all but a handful of games.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Prepare to die. Again and again. And Again -- MB-82A9283F9EF92450 - Taken by Benedict. 26 entrants total.
It's easter, do something good

t1459018856z1.png

Vuze

Well, I've been running it for 7 hours now, and in ways no sane person would, and the only crash I had was caused by my graphics driver (pre-update) and not the game.
Did you already figure out where savegames are stored (and if they can be restored without issues) by chance? Considering the game doesn't use Steam Cloud, I'd rather setup a backup job to Dropbox.

glglgl
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Resident Evil 4 -- MB-1A83850759C2D9F2 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 12 entrants total.

t1459027116z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Secret Ponchos -- MB-A6C272EF9D9C3BF0 - Taken by TheMadMan007

I posted this over in Gaming but maybe you guys might have better insight

Any ideas what I can expect from Arkham Knight on my machine?

I5 2500k stock
GTX 780
8GB

$13 is tempting.

Phinor

As someone who owns all of Trackmania 2 does Turbo improve on enough to make the lack of dedicated, custom servers bearable?

Improve? Probably the only thing it improves is graphics. Turbo is equal or inferior to Trackmania 2 in probably every other way.

That being said, I would still recommend it to Trackmania fans because it's a new Trackmania game and you (or just I?) have to collect them all anyway. I'm enjoying it but I have enjoyed every single Trackmania ever released on PC. For a veteran of the series I'd say try and find a good deal on the PC version, $40 might be a bit much otherwise. For new players $40 is a great deal. Then again you could just buy Trackmania 2 for much less... hmm.

Durante

Did you already figure out where savegames are stored (and if they can be restored without issues) by chance? Considering the game doesn't use Steam Cloud, I'd rather setup a backup job to Dropbox.
They were pretty trivial to find -- they are in %APPDATA%/DarkSoulsIII. I haven't tried backing them up and restoring them yet.

Javier23

Banned
Enjoy. That FF is not a Steam key.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Javier23:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away 8 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Overlord -- MB-E4002974A4B68A0D - Taken by Lashley. 1 entrants total.
Door Kickers -- MB-5E2B60FC74D0944F - Taken by Jalal. 16 entrants total.
Contagion -- MB-8B7FD794D31F2A37
Insurgency -- MB-312D16D72A55E3F9 - Taken by jtb. 1 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-7F2D648F9B1FE71D - Taken by Red Hood. 2 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
Rayman Origins (uPlay) -- MB-45695575C256F0D5 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 6 entrants total.
Final Fantasy XIV -- MB-F5E0FCFC8A898080 - Taken by Diedac. 6 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse -- MB-C03F01F03627D146 - Taken by City 17. 1 entrants total.
Overlord 2 -- MB-0266683DE4040C56 - Taken by UnderWaterTree. 4 entrants total.

t1459027237z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-1F92FD4D31CCDD8A - Taken by electroflame. 2 entrants total.

t1459017879z1.png

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Black Soma, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Boot Hill Heroes -- MB-B144DC6C79F0C7DC - Taken by mp1990. 4 entrants total.

t1459017817z1.png
Enjoy.

How exactly has it been dumbed down? I'm curious as someone who's never played a Trackmania and is interested in this.

I saw some guy in another thread lamenting that he couldn't play custom levels like a penis car to a Sonic the Hedgehog soundtrack anymore and I just thought that sounds like the worst thing I've ever heard.

Apparently the course creator has been "streamlined," but most people seem the most salty over the loss of private servers. So yeah, no more forcing a random Dubstep remix of a disney song and crazy custom graphics and whatnot.

With that said, i'm actually really enjoying Turbo for what it is; dumb arcade fun that makes it really, really easy to go just "one more go". The five-minute-clock time trial multiplayer mode is also stupid fun. The fact that it's Oculus-compatible is what pushed me into the "buy" category; VR in this game seems like simultaneously the worst and best idea possible.

cyba89

Improve? Probably the only thing it improves is graphics. Turbo is equal or inferior to Trackmania 2 in probably every other way.

Local multiplayer, tho.
And I prefer having all the environments in one package and not have to bother with this cluttered Maniaplanet stuff. I rarely played Trackmania 2 because of this although I was a huge fan of the franchise during the Trackmania/Sunrise/Nations/United-days. Turbo got me back into the series.

Apparently the course creator has been "streamlined,"

The PC version has the classic editor layout from the old game as an additional option. It's just really hidden.

Tizoc

All for USD 92~
VlLRVYY.png

It may not be the Russian Bear, but hey all things considered I'd be saving USD 100+ per year this way on Steam purchases :V

All for USD 92~
VlLRVYY.png

It may not be the Russian Bear, but hey all things considered I'd be saving USD 100+ per year this way on Steam purchases :V

I see that you bought an amazing game there. I've already said it before, but that purchase will guarantee Crom's blessings
(at least until the next one comes to Steam)

rtcn63

The upgraded alt of the Contact Beam has a stasis effect. It'll tear apart weaker enemies while slowing larger ones, the only downside being that you still take damage during the "animation". Very spammable during small rooms and elevators.

OmarYusaf

I saw some guy in another thread lamenting that he couldn't play custom levels like a penis car to a Sonic the Hedgehog soundtrack anymore and I just thought that sounds like the worst thing I've ever heard.

Crazy custom games/servers have their charms. Its an acquired taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom