• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

tron space

screenshot_2016-03-27xjq9d.jpg

So, 8 episodes into Season 2, I've come to the realization that

a) Lucha Underground may be the best show on television
b) Lucha Underground is the most videogame-ass TV show in imaginable.

I mean, you have a skeleton ninja who lives to break arms for his vampire pope master, a dragon-man who's best friends with a time-traveling Aztec astronaut, a dude who is managed by either a ghost or death, who comes back stronger every time he dies, and an evil manager who keeps his brother in a cage and feeds him jobber wrestlers to eat. You have electrified skull-headed dudes, asian assassins, and more random nunchuk fights than you'd ever expect in a wrestling show.

This needs to be a game immediately.

DasFool

How does the native WiiU controller support work? I was under the impression that WiiU controllers were designed to only output to a WiiU (The USB ports are power-only, no I/O), especially the Gamepad, and that the only way to use them on PC (and PS3 as well) is a dongle masquerading as a WiiU wireless stack, inputting as an emulated XInput/360 pad.

I am unsure, don't have a Wii U pad myself. I was probably wrong about native support, perhaps you could PM Chubigans here and ask. My apologies.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

REVOLVER 360 REACTOR -- MB-CD6114C7840490FB - Taken by bobnowhere
Gurumin A Monstrous Adventure -- MB-2BAB2E935B826D6C - Taken by Regginator

Red Hood

Banned
I posted this over in Gaming but maybe you guys might have better insight

Any ideas what I can expect from Arkham Knight on my machine?

I5 2500k stock
GTX 780
8GB

$13 is tempting.

~45fps outside when gliding, infrequent drops to upper 30s, and 60fps inside, maxed out at 1080p. At least if this is something to go by.

Also, my Sapphire 280X - which I've been told is comparable with a 780 - ran it ~35/40fps outside and 60 inside. And since AK is supposed to be an Nvidia card, you're probably going to run it better.

MUnited83

For you.
IndieGala has been pretty impressive lately with their bundles. They keep pumping out bundles and all of them are quite decent, some even good. Couple it with the fact that you can buy the full bundles for around 1$ on Happy Hour, and they are the best bundle site lately.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'd rather play through Alan Wake and DmC again than watch that piece of ass again.

so bad and disappointing

I too would rather play 2 awesome games instead of watching bad movies

Vuze

Just watched the move two days ago. I really didn't like the ending, it reminded me of (2013 concluded Showtime series semi-spoiler)
Dexter
season 4 finale
. #triggered
Apart from that, fantastic thriller.
Not available in my country. :/
Sorry about that, wasn't aware the key would have issues being activated. I think it's from Humble? I'm in Germany, so maybe there are certain shenanigans related to RE4 going on. Anyway, if VPN doesn't work for you, feel free to regift the key~

voodooray

Close Steam Client > Open VPN > Set to Country where game is available > Open Steam Client > Redeem key > Close Steam Client > Close VPN

Isn't this against Steam's TOS?

Section 3A:

You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence, whether to circumvent geographical restrictions on game content, to purchase at pricing not applicable to your geography, or for any other purpose. If you do this, Valve may terminate your access to your Account.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Isn't this against Steam's TOS?

Section 3A:

Theoretically, yes, but in practice Valve doesn't care whether or not you're using a VPN unless it's to aid in cross-region purchasing/the activation of region-locked gifts (emphasis on gifts -- keys are fine, presumably because Valve doesn't see a cent from retail key activations and publishers have the tools at their disposal to heavily region-lock them if they really want to).

IndieGala has been pretty impressive lately with their bundles. They keep pumping out bundles and all of them are quite decent, some even good. Couple it with the fact that you can buy the full bundles for around 1$ on Happy Hour, and they are the best bundle site lately.

I haven't bought one in ages, so many re-bundles. Though the Friday one is the best in a while, don't own a single one in the higher tier.

Anno

Trying Diablo 3 for the first time on Adventure mode today and it's so much better! I don't even hate the campaign, but this is just much more fluid monster fighting action. Curious how far I can get through Season 5 in these remaining days.

Momentary

Banned
So today I was called a modern yuppy with more money than sense (Because I want to buy a good PC desk and chair). I must be doing all right in my life I guess.

So today I was called a modern yuppy with more money than sense (Because I want to buy a good PC desk and chair). I must be doing all right in my life I guess.

but yuppy is already a modern term

Tell that guy to start investing in some muscle relaxers because that Staples chair is going to ruin his back

Thought I'd ask here since there's now W10 community (lol). Has anyone had an issue purchasing Gears of War Ultimate from the W10 store? It's telling me to download the latest update before I can purchase but I'm already on the latest version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom