• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

AC Syndicate is quite nice tbh

It's an Ubisoft open world so the usual caveats apply but as far as the AC formula goes it trims some fat where needed, has a sweet setting and finally a protagonist (duo) worth a damn

It's an Ubisoft open world so the usual caveats apply but as far as the AC formula goes it trims some fat where needed, has a sweet setting and finally a protagonist (duo) worth a damn

I still think it plays almos exactly like the other AC titles but has that clawshot thing.

Also played about 3 hours of Division yesterday...
Even that game suffers from the typical Ubisoft "Collectathon"...

Hektor

Playing KOTOR 1 and 2 back to back made me realize that Biowares writing didn't got worse the last few years.

It has never been good in the first place.

Javier23

Banned
Playing KOTOR 1 and 2 back to back made me realize that Biowares writing didn't got worse the last few years.

It has never been good in the first place.
KOTOR 2 was made by Obsidian. It has decent writing, but the game is clearly unfinished.

OmarYusaf

I still think it plays almos exactly like the other AC titles but has that clawshot thing.

Also played about 3 hours of Division yesterday...
Even that game suffers from the typical Ubisoft "Collectathon"...

I 100%ed Far Cry 3.

Ubi-collectathon is great if you really enjoy the base game.

If you don't, well...yeah.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Evie was my main character. Her cane finishers can be brutal.

Make sure you add FlexibleMotionSimulationFPS=1 to the Options section of My Documents\Assassins Creed Syndicate\AC.ini so that the cloth physics aren't capped at 30Hz.

Tizoc

I'm back~!

I knew it that someday my stupid post will get me banned on neogaf. Totally learned my lesson.

What's hot nowadays?

Kero Blaster is on sale and it's a agreat 2D shooter
Age of Decadence is on sale too, buy it and make a prominent GAFfer happy.

OmarYusaf

Evie was my main character. Her cane finishers can be brutal.

Make sure you add FlexibleMotionSimulationFPS=1 to the Options section of My Documents\Assassins Creed Syndicate\AC.ini so that the cloth physics aren't capped at 30Hz.

Flashback of the disgusting low framerate physics in Bioshock. Ick.

Kero Blaster is on sale and it's a agreat 2D shooter
Age of Decadence is on sale too, buy it and make a prominent GAFfer happy.

Age of Decadance has been on my whistlist since forever.. Is it made by a Gaffer?
But sadly I can't really pull the trigger right now, as I'm still pitifully waiting for FF IX. Reserving my wallet for my GOAT.

Way of the Samurai 3 is on Steam, available right now! It's also 20% off until March 30!

Also, welcome back :)

Still haven't played the fourth installment.
Is the graphics on this one still hold up? Yes, I'm a graphic whore. :D

Jalal

Wh-what was it Benedict?!

IDqfvOW.png

mp1990

Banned
My first giveaway and I'm not 100% sure if it'll work, due to south american keys might being region locked too, so I'm very sorry if it's invalid :/ (also pls tell me through PMs if you manage to redeem it!!!)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (mp1990, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Samoliotik -- MB-FA01A75C0CCB3F99 - Taken by Henry Swanson

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Flashback of the disgusting low framerate physics in Bioshock. Ick.

Since the cap is limited to just cloth physics, it's not as serious as BioShock's similar issue, fortunately. The only time it was egregiously noticeable to me was during the penultimate mission as you control Evie while she's wearing a rather ostentatious dress and it's distractingly obvious that it isn't bouncing about in a natural manner.

Age of Decadance has been on my whistlist since forever.. Is it made by a Gaffer?
But sadly I can't really pull the trigger right now, as I'm still pitifully waiting for FF IX. Reserving my wallet for my GOAT.

Still haven't played the fourth installment.
Is the graphics on this one still hold up? Yes, I'm a graphic whore. :D

Well, the graphics hold up almost as well as Way of the Samurai 4's. Both games look like PS3 games, which is what they are. But hey, you can run them at high resolutions! :)

Jalal

The only time it was egregiously noticeable to me was during the penultimate mission as you control Evie while she's wearing a rather ostentatious dress and it's distractingly obvious that it isn't bouncing about in a natural manner.

Ok, now I'm imagining boob physics in DOA running half capped. How freaky would that look.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Javier23, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Overlord -- MB-E4002974A4B68A0D - Taken by Lashley. 1 entrants total.
Door Kickers -- MB-5E2B60FC74D0944F - Taken by Jalal. 16 entrants total.
Contagion -- MB-8B7FD794D31F2A37
Insurgency -- MB-312D16D72A55E3F9 - Taken by jtb. 1 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-7F2D648F9B1FE71D - Taken by Red Hood. 2 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
Rayman Origins (uPlay) -- MB-45695575C256F0D5 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 6 entrants total.
Final Fantasy XIV -- MB-F5E0FCFC8A898080 - Taken by Diedac. 6 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse -- MB-C03F01F03627D146 - Taken by City 17. 1 entrants total.
Overlord 2 -- MB-0266683DE4040C56 - Taken by UnderWaterTree. 4 entrants total.

t1459027237z1.png

strafer

maybe he got his saves deleted at 99% in fc4

:D

i don't like this suit in dead space 2

it looks fat

So you're on Dead Space 2 now? Excellent game that one. You finally hear Isaac talk and the voice acting is top notch.

And just you wait until you get a hold of the Advanced Suit, that one looks cool as hell.

DasFool

Cook, Serve, Delicious is awesome, everyone. The game has native PS3 and Wii U controller support, for crying out loud. The game inspired me to learn how to make bananas foster, which is delicious. Thanks, based Chubigans.

Chubigans, please give us a release date for CSD 2.

Anteater

So you're on Dead Space 2 now? Excellent game that one. You finally hear Isaac talk and the voice acting is top notch.

And just you wait until you get a hold of the Advanced Suit, that one looks cool as hell.

yeah

think i'm in chapter 10

man I love the space setting

Jalal

Cook, Serve, Delicious is awesome, everyone. The game has native PS3 and Wii U controller support, for crying out loud. The game inspired me to learn how to make bananas foster, which is delicious. Thanks, based Chubigans.

I assume X360 support is there as well. If so I might try it. Have it on steam, never played it.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Man, Trackmania 2 Stadium is great. for that game is a steal.

Why are you buying them on PS4? Is it because of the trophies?

Man, stop that.

Are you in love with your console?

Stop it, Soulflarz. You don't owe it a thing. ;)

This is why I keep going console over PC. Trophies/Achievements...Plus my friends only have a console

DasFool

I assume X360 support is there as well. If so I might try it. Have it on steam, never played it.

Oh yes, it has native 360, PS3, Wii U, XB1, PS4, and Steam controller support. It is also highly attuned for customization as you can map every single button of every single recipe. Seriously the best controller support on any PC game I've seen, period.

Ludens

Banned
Finally completed Hitman Codename 47. It's a thing I always wanted to do, and finally I managed to make it.
Last year I tried to play the game but it gave me motion sickness, so I gave up.
I tried again this year, I saw I was ok and than I used a guide to quickly beat the game (well, quickly...that dude completed the game in 40 minutes, I took 5 hours on the lowest difficulty), since it's not so much stealth focused and it's VERY broken.
The last level was a nightmare, I needed several restarts because the game keeps spawning
clones
so fast I couldn't beat one and other two popped out. Literally, and you need to
carry a body over a switch to open a door, so good luck with that when three super-fast clones are using you as a target.
Even cutscenes are broken, at least for the italian version: the audio simply went off after one or two lines.

My passionate tip, if you never played any classic Hitman game, is: just play Contracts. Really, it's basically a full remake of the first game, there are just four level missing (I think?), three of them are the jungle ones (very useless imho), and another is the very last one (the first Contracts level is right after this one, but you miss nothing, only the tedious section I described, since there's a summary of the plot in the first cutscene).

Now I only need to find the strenght to start Silent Assassin, is the only one I'm missing (well, and the new Hitman game too) but it should be very bugged, trying to get Silent Assassin ranks on Professional should be painfull, it's the reason I'm avoiding to start it right now.

xist

is it really that bad

I found it on my other origin account

Well, it's not that bad but the move to co-op, the planet based part of the game, the changes made to the enemies/dismemberment and the story all made it worse than the other two. Wasn't keen on the weapon mechanic either....you end up ridiculously over powered and ammo is universal.

I still finished it but it's not as good as the first two.

How does the native WiiU controller support work? I was under the impression that WiiU controllers were designed to only output to a WiiU (The USB ports are power-only, no I/O), especially the Gamepad, and that the only way to use them on PC (and PS3 as well) is a dongle masquerading as a WiiU wireless stack, inputting as an emulated XInput/360 pad.

Anteater

i'm in the tron worrld!

Well, it's not that bad but the move to co-op, the planet based part of the game, the changes made to the enemies/dismemberment and the story all made it worse than the other two. Wasn't keen on the weapon mechanic either....you end up ridiculously over powered and ammo is universal.

I still finished it but it's not as good as the first two.

i'm probably gonna force my friend to play it with me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom