• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
That feel when you get Steam pop-ups flashing and you're checking which friends wrote but you realize it's just group messages from the dozens of Steam groups you entered for bundle fodder.

Balthuk

I couldn't find any info that the game is region locked. It should be safe to buy from Amazon

It's not region-locked; you just need to use a US billing address. That of Google's CA-based HQ is fine as California's sales tax doesn't apply to digital goods.

Ye what I meant was that it didn't allow me to buy with my previous address. I'll try that out, thanks for the help.

On that subject, why would amazon not let me purchase the key from a european address? In order to push amazon.co.uk and such?

Lain

Ye what I meant was that it didn't allow me to buy with my previous address. I'll try that out, thanks for the help.

On that subject, why would amazon not let me purchase the key from a european address? In order to push amazon.co.uk and such?

Amazon.com is only meant to sell those digital games to American residents, like Amazon.co.uk only sells digital games to UK residents. It's not a question of push, but of licensing/publishing.

Balthuk

Amazon.com is only meant to sell those digital games to American residents, like Amazon.co.uk only sells digital games to UK residents. It's not a question of push, but of licensing/publishing.

Oh ok I see.
--
I'm near the end of Binary Domain and oh boy. Looking at the game a bit critically really reveals its quirks/flaws. It also reminds me of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance which other than the theme is I suppose because of its "eastern" elements.

yuraya

so the rift sucks? that's really expensive for worse quality than DK2

The software lineup seems to be very mehh. I watched some of the GB stuff from yesterday and just about everything looked bad. Some of the games don't even look like games. More like 20-30 minute demos and experiences. Luckys Tale looked pretty cool tho but even at that its just a basic 3D platformer that has no business being a VR game.

MUnited83

For you.
The software lineup seems to be very mehh. I watched some of the GB stuff from yesterday and just about everything looked bad. Some of the games don't even look like games. More like 20-30 minute demos and experiences. Luckys Tale looked pretty cool tho but even at that its just a basic 3D platformer that has no business being a VR game.

How so?

yuraya

Because its a standard platformer. You run around and jump while collecting gold coins. Its looks really good but I have no idea why they would make something like that exclusive to VR. Should a be like a 15$ game on Steam and just about every other platform.

Because its a standard platformer. You run around and jump while collecting gold coins. Its looks really good but I have no idea why they would make something like that exclusive to VR. Should a be like a 15$ game on Steam and just about every other platform.

It is free for everyone. You can download the Oculus Home App now and download the game even without preordering the Oculus.

Oh man..the combat in Diablo 3 is so satisfying.

But I have to restrain myself. I've got too many other games that I need to complete and review.

sigh...

killer instinct is a lot of fun! moves look so flashy so even if you just end up button mashing its fun to watch :x I'll probably but the supreme pack pretty soon, i hope you can get it cheaper by switching your region like you could do for tomb raider.

So you don't need a Rift to play it? I thought it was exclusively built for VR.

Yes. You need a Rift to start that game (though I guess you can somehow start it in a Non-VR mode somehow), but its free on Oculus Home and you dont need to have a Rift now to access Oculus Home.

Its like Steam now. Download it, download games, get some free stuff, then use it later when you have a VR headset.

Nabs

Ryse is a pretty game. Combat is stale and gets boring real fast. There are a ton of cutscenes, almost 2 hours worth. You can skip them using your keyboard, something I probably would have done had I known. They're well done..ish, but I'm just allergic to watching in-game videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom