• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Don't you just do the same thing over and over in most games?
Ryse is fine especially for that price. I had fun with it and the combat.
Since it's not like it over stays it's welcome. Would be different if it was like a 20 hour game.

Hm, tempted to pick up Ryse.
That's a lot of cutscenes though, is the story at least worth following? If the gameplay is that shallow and the story is a waste of time I'm left with little motivation to play it.
Even if it gets a bit repetitive I can stick with it if I'm motivated to see what happens in the story.

The Overwatch bootie thread got killed by ModBot.

But it got replaced by a JRPG bootie thread so it is a net win.

Oh man..the combat in Diablo 3 is so satisfying.

But I have to restrain myself. I've got too many other games that I need to complete and review.

sigh...

It has been easy as f for me. I guess I should bump the difficulity up. But it seems I can only move up one level from where I started on each playthrough.

yuraya

Yes. You need a Rift to start that game (though I guess you can somehow start it in a Non-VR mode somehow), but its free on Oculus Home and you dont need to have a Rift now to access Oculus Home.

Its like Steam now. Download it, download games, get some free stuff, then use it later when you have a VR headset.

Sounds good but I still dislike this practice of taking regular video games and making them exclusive to VR. If more developers start doing the same its only going to piss off many people. Nothing about the neat zoom and camera VR features in Lucky's Tale couldn't be done on a regular joystick just like Mario 64 did 20 years ago.

Looks like Shadow of Mordor 2 is a thing

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1201960

Here's a hint for the devs this time around, why not make your game not piss easy this time around so that the nemesis system is worth a damn?

SoM was GOTY of the year it came out unless you're a Shovel Knight fan, to which that too is perfectly acceptable as a GOTY for that year.

But that's more of a testament to how weak 2014 was.

AHA-Lambda

SoM was GOTY of the year it came out unless you're s Shovel Knight fan, to which that too is perfectly acceptable as a GOTY for that year.

In the AAA space sure but elsewhere it was pretty darn good, which makes it all the more embarassing that most sites can't look past SoM and DA3.

def sim

SoM was GOTY of the year it came out unless you're s Shovel Knight fan, to which that too is perfectly acceptable as a GOTY for that year.

The year Wolfenstein came out? man nah

I expected more from Mordor after Giant Bomb gave it GOTY and it turned out to be a lesser Arkham game.

Hektor

I remembered The Force Unleashed to be a decent game.

I was wrong.

is ryse a fun game

Fun in "Whoa, the controls are super tight and the combat is complex and eganging"? No.

Fun in a "This game so sooo good lookin', but unfortunetaley very mediocre. Tho, since it is only 5 hours long and i love the setting and graphics" kind of way? Sure.

I'd honestly recommend it at this price point.

That's a testament how weak you gaming tastes are.

i dunno, i play 80-100 games a year to completion (in 2014, i finished 76 games for example) so that would suggest a broad taste in games and a tolerance for the varying quality of them

but if you want to make things personal then continue on, don't let me stop you on this fine day

The year Wolfenstein came out? man nah

I expected more from Mordor after Giant Bomb gave it GOTY and it turned out to be a lesser Arkham game.

WolfTNO has a weak beginning and a really weak end IMHO. However, had the whole game been as good as the middle section of it then i would definitely agree with you.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is something like that really necessary? Heaven forbid people enjoy different things.

Heaven does forbid that actually, its in the bible.

Thou shall not dislike games that Gaf says you should like, less a thousand locusts descend upon your scrotum

mp1990

Banned
No, Smash 4 and Tropical Freeze were GOTY 2014.
It weirds me out how harsh most people are towards 2014 in video games, considering how great of a year it was for Nintendo first party entries.

But, then again, I can't blame most of them, regarding how few people own a Wii U, lol.

That said, nothing got close to Transistor that year.

Mordor wasn't perfect, but the parts that worked in that game worked incredibly well for me so much so that I'm anxiously awaiting the leap that Mordor 2 should take over its predecessor.

I can understand if it didn't land that well with some folks, again it's not perfect. But it was one of those early-gen games that gave you some hope that these next 5-7 years of games wont just be asscreed20 and COD45 as far as AAA productions went. They brought something really new and refreshing to the open world genre and I can't wait to see more of it

Hektor

Shadow of Mordor was beh.

The Nemesis system was really cool, especially when you meet a guy you thought you killed and he is visibly changed by the last fight and remembers it.

But the actual gameplay was just Arkham x AC in an empty and dull looking open world, with a bad story even by videogame standards.

I'd like to see the Nemesis system return in some form, but the rest of the game can stay dead imho.

def sim

WolfTNO has a weak beginning and a really weak end IMHO. However, had the whole game been as good as the middle section of it then i would definitely agree with you.

Yeah, sure, though the end for me in this case would only be the final boss. I had a lot of fun with it for the most part.

I found Mordor disappointing because the criticism of "it's just another Batman game" was shrugged off as overly reductionist when it was disappointingly accurate for me. The nemesis system was largely superficial and I felt a lot of the enjoyment from the game relied on it. It also ended weak, didn't it? One bad boss fight to another.

Salsa

dont think I can come up with a more overrated game than Mordor

I think even sites eventually realized it too cause everyone just stopped talking about it soon enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom