• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont think I can come up with a more overrated game than Mordor

I think even sites eventually realized it too cause everyone just stopped talking about it soon enough

but sites always stop talking about GOTYs afterwards. I mean who is still talking about the witcher 3 right now?

Speaking of TW3, it spared me the grief of playing DA:I as every time i considered playing it i just ended up telling myself that TW3 was worth waiting for instead

pahamrick

Nah, DAIs biggest flaw was forcing having to do side content to enjoy the 5 stage main story. It really shows that it was supposed to be a MMO at one point.

Thank god on PC I can just use cheat engine to bypass the influence requirement for story missions.

In fact, I forgot about that because I always skip that shit. Terrible, terrible decision.

I'm probably the only person who liked the War Table though, and hope a more refined version shows up in the new Mass Effect.

Jawmuncher

Thank god on PC I can just use cheat engine to bypass the influence requirement for story missions.

In fact, I forgot about that because I always skip that shit. Terrible, terrible decision.

I'm probably the only person who liked the War Table though, and hope a more refined version shows up in the new Mass Effect.

Yeah DAI overall isn't bad, there was just a lot of odd decisions made to it that do impact the fun one can have with it.
The war table idea was fine, so I would agree something more refined on that would be ok.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Game -- MB-216E59927895AEBE - Taken by Lashley. 47 entrants total.
In support of free-the-panties GAF

t1459361630z1.png

Got my first notification on the new Radeon Settings app. New driver avaialble, it gave me a choice between a beta driver and windows hardware quality labs. I'm assuming the latter is stable. Are these generally safe to install?

Knurek

I wonder what will release first, Danganronpa 2 or Root Double.
Alternative, more despair filled take: I wonder what will release first, Muv-Luv Alternative or Root Double

The thing about the whole GG debate is stupid, even on GAF.

Like if you criticise some arguments of Anita Sarkeesian (and there are some things you can criticise, like she doesnt want a gender-swap, then minutes later her idea of a good game is a genderswapped Zelda), you are directly a "Gator".
And if you want a more diverse role of women in Gaming, you are a SJW...

Vamphuntr

Who is Zoe Quinn? I don't know how to Google.

Could someone summarize the events that happened so I can reiterate them?

She's a videogame developer. Her ex said she she was having sex with game journalists to promote her game. It was false of course, kind of a revenge thing. Cue the internet mob and the death threats hidden under the guise of ethics in games journalism.

Corpekata

Banned
She's a videogame developer. Her ex said she she was having sex with game journalists to promote her game. It was false of course, kind of a revenge thing. Cue the internet mob and the death threats hidden under the guise of ethics in games journalism.

He's joking, hence the "I don't know how to google."

He's pretending to be the various concern trolls that would ask stupid questions like that, get answers, and then have a very obvious opinion that was already formed, but in the guise of "I'm just a neutral party that doesn't know anything about this!"

Vamphuntr

He's joking, hence the "I don't know how to google."

He's pretending to be the various concern trolls that would ask stupid questions like that, get answers, and then have a very obvious opinion that was already formed, but in the guise of "I'm just a neutral party that doesn't know anything about this!"

Oh dear all the anime gifs have clouded my reason.

tmarg

The only newsites GamerGaters trusted at the end of 2014 were Breitbart and Escapist.

Escapist was trash and while I'm sorry for all the people working there I will not miss them.

The whole "we must mourn the loss of even terrible companies because jerbs" narrative that has become so prevalent is really weird. I'm not happy when anyone loses their job, but it certainly doesn't trump their ethical failures.

MUnited83

For you.
The thing about the whole GG debate is stupid, even on GAF.

Like if you criticise some arguments of Anita Sarkeesian (and there are some things you can criticise, like she doesnt want a gender-swap, then minutes later her idea of a good game is a genderswapped Zelda), you are directly a "Gator".
And if you want a more diverse role of women in Gaming, you are a SJW...

But this is false. It hasn't actually happened. If you go on the proper threads and discuss your points against Anita's conclusions in a level-headed matter, nobody will call you a gator. Plenty of people have done so without being called a gator. There's literally nothing stopping you from doing that right now and not be called a gator.

The only time something even remotely similar to what you're describing happens is when some people go to completely unrelated threads and try to start a "honest criticism" of her opinions, trying page after page to make the thread about themselves and how wrong Anita is. Just search any thread that is about Anita speaking out against internet harassment, and quickly you will find people trying to make the thread being about her opinions and how they want to criticize those opinions.. So yes, in those cases i'd say calling those people gators is very appropriated, since there's 99% chances that they are.

Regarding the gender-swap, I don't think you quite got what she meant. She means that including a female character can't just be a skin change with absolutely no changes whatsoever in everything else. That "gender swapped Zelda" that she proposed would have been made from the ground up with a female character in mind, so the previous criticism does not apply.

Jawmuncher

brofist

The fuck? Only in "OT" standards, maybe.

The only positive I can give DAI over DA2 is that it didn't reuse assets like DA2 did. Besides that I fully stand by saying 2 is the better game in every other way though.
I enjoyed my entire playthrough of 2. While DAI got boring rather early on for me.

asking for friend

Question about L4D:

Is there a "right" way to play it? plan on FINALLY playing through the first game after i finish Halo 4 and i'm just going to play the campaign online so that randos can jump in if anything.

I've just had these games for a gazillion years and its time

Vamphuntr

The whole "we must mourn the loss of even terrible companies because jerbs" narrative that has become so prevalent is really weird. I'm not happy when anyone loses their job, but it certainly doesn't trump their ethical failures.

I don't get it either. Maybe I'm a sociopath or something but I don't feel sorry when you get what you deserve. The oh no people lose job angle doesn't make it better. Everyone has lost a job before, that's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom