• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
More yuri on steam

steamy version on denpasoft

About This Game
9mm Kinetic Action!
This is a kinetic novel about some of the worst humanity has to offer. It contains strong language, violence, and disturbing subject matter. Viewer discretion advised. The linear story includes 13 chapters, or approximately 3 hours of reading.

Hektor

Way of The Samurai 4! If Kurt hasn't already gotten to you.

That's Anime AF tho.

18FA75F16A80F363A1C047417C8B2406F5EDA365

7B7D31423C2C4F1BA84C9A0930BE37118F3DD228

Bunch of backstabbers itt.

I gave you my heart and you broke it. That said, I'm certainly in for customs and RBN so long as my Xbone instruments work.

I didn't play customs on 360 so this will be awesome. And also, I am playing Rocksmith as well :)

kagamin

Bunch of backstabbers itt.

I gave you my heart and you broke it. That said, I'm certainly in for customs and RBN so long as my Xbone instruments work.

I didn't play customs on 360 so this will be awesome. And also, I am playing Rocksmith as well :)

The thread doesn't know what they'll be missing tbh.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hannes, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars Rebellion -- MB-535D8C73A4989B4E - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga -- MB-CEB19A4EEFFBD146 - Taken by diabolusinmusica. 7 entrants total.

t1456878115z1.png

May the force be with you :)

C4rter

Codes were going to be given away in some 10 euro german PC magazine. Might be worth looking into if you really want it.

Is it really the code in the magazine (Computer Bild Spiele) or is it the DRM free version on DVD?

Edit:
It seems to be the Steam Key. Wow, that's a damn good deal. A friend of mine already bought it for 26,99€. I hope he bought it on Steam and he can return it.

Edit 2:
Apparently he didn't buy it on Steam and now he's downplaying it like he donated to Deadelic or something, this guy, lol.

it's a bloated God of War clone that isn't super fun to play and wears out its welcome about 2/3s of the way in. The character has no weight to him and its DLC is garbage.

It's not terrible but if what you want is a decent character action game on PC then there's the DMC games. oh, and marlow briggs

Putting Marlow Briggs above the LoS games? What lunacy is this?

ive recently started this up and it feels like a slog and im not even past chapter 2

It doesn't really pick up until chapter 5 or so. I mean, it starts to pick up in chapter 3 where you hit the first memorable boss fight that isn't ripped out of SotC, but when you get to the castle part of Castlevania, that's probably the most solid area, if if their taken on Frankenstein's monster didn't really do it for me. It's definitely a slow burn at the beginning and takes awhile for you to get a few abilities and sub weapons and the like before it opens up.

Some of the most fun I had with the game was going back and redoing the chapters to get the 110% once I had most/all of the skills/weapons/abilities/items.

Castlevania lords of shadow is ass² garbage.

I'm sure you had a ton of fun trying to use kb/m controls, old man. ;)

Putting Marlow Briggs above the LoS games? What lunacy is this?

MB knows what it is and nails it.

Lords of Shadow doesn't know what it wants to be and is a bloated, poorly paced game while struggling to find itself.

Is MB better? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. But at least it's short and doesn't overstay its welcome when trying to entertain the player.

Turfster

It doesn't really pick up until chapter 5 or so. I mean, it starts to pick up in chapter 3 where you hit the first memorable boss fight that isn't ripped out of SotC, but when you finally get to the castle part of Castlevania
Making my points for me.

Also, I managed to break the game in chapter... whatever the one is where you need to jump across chasms in ruins 50 billion fucking times
also something about a wolf?
, blocking progress.

chronomac

No Man's Sky price is confirmed for $60 via the Playstation blog:

Were people expecting anything different, considering the scale of the game? I mean, are we at this point where if a game comes out and it's more than, say, $15 a bunch of people are going to lose their shit, regardless of how much or how good the content is?

I still don't understand people's reaction to The Witness being $40. I think a lot of that died down when people started playing but even then it made no sense. It's a ton of game from a great designer.

def sim

I'm fine with 60 bones provided the content is as compelling as it seems. I'm expecting a lot from a space and planet exploration game.

NMS sky price isn't surprising at all. I thought that they already said that it was going to be full retail. Anyways, we are all getting it on PC so it'll be around $30 the day before it gets released anyways... YAY PC GAMES!!!!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Were people expecting anything different, considering the scale of the game? I mean, are we at this point where if a game comes out and it's more than, say, $15 a bunch of people are going to lose their shit, regardless of how much or how good the content is?

I absolutely expected it to be priced at $40 or above, and I think it's perfectly fine for devs to chase the price they feel their product is worth. But, considering people still ask "what do you even do in No Man's Sky?" I also expect this decision to cause even more noise than The Witness' price reveal.

ExoSoul

Banned

I still don't understand people's reaction to The Witness being $40. I think a lot of that died down when people started playing but even then it made no sense. It's a ton of game from a great designer.

No but I think 40 would have hit the mark and moved more copies quicker. It's not like it's the only game of its kind andd there's similar games going for much cheaper.

Edit for clarity: I'm not saying I don't think it has value, simply there's cheaper options for a similar experience. Console bound players may not have the same choice.

rtcn63

Lords of Shadow is a mix of DmC and God of War and Shadow of the Colossus and Alice Madness Returns and it goes on for too fucking long with little payoff.

Lords of Shadow is a mix of DmC and God of War and Shadow of the Colossus and Alice Madness Returns and it goes on for too fucking long with little payoff.

Naw...you get a payoff alright.

In the form of a gigantic middle finger.
Fuck The Forgotten One. Worst final boss I've ever dealt with.

I fear the damage has already been done, but I don't mind checking it out once the price drops I suppose.

At least they're continuing to support the game, despite the poor reception.

MB knows what it is and nails it.

Lords of Shadow doesn't know what it wants to be and is a bloated, poorly paced game while struggling to find itself.

Is MB better? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. But at least it's short and doesn't overstay its welcome when trying to entertain the player.

I'd disagree. Marlow Briggs slogged on and on and on as far as I was concerned. I was entertained for maybe the first 10 minutes? But by the time I had maybe the second weapon, I was tired of the janky "run here and have another arena fight and bad cutscene". By the time you actually reach a "boss" it's a letdown that dies in about 20 seconds and has no challenge. Followed by another "boss" that's more of a puzzle than an actual boss fight. The only really redeeming qualities of MB looking back on it were that the final boss fight was actually decent, the game cost me something pretty small whenever I did pick it up (it was probably more than $1) though, and the dev knew his cutscenes and story were so bad that he put an achievement in for skipping all of them in a single playthrough.

I'll take all of the LoS games over MB any day of the week.

3UYtI6i.png

It is not coming out on the 3rd however, merely the date that preorders will begin.

This will end well, I'm sure.

I'm fine with 60 bones provided the content is as compelling as it seems. I'm expecting a lot from a space and planet exploration game.

Obligatory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K6t77a9Rw0

I'd consider $15 or less from nuuvem to get it close to release so I can laugh at some of these types of naming shenanigans and perhaps contribute my own... but $60? Yeah, have fun with that, hope it works out for you. There are very few games I'd pay $60 for. Most of them are developed by FROM. :lol

Naw...you get a payoff alright.

In the form of a gigantic middle finger.
Fuck The Forgotten One. Worst final boss I've ever dealt with.

He's totally manageable. He can be frustrating, but also it just takes time and patience (how much is dependent upon player skill, I suppose).
I've faced worse. A lot worse. I'm not saying he's not tough, cause he is... especially on the hardest difficulty with whatever the challenge condition is, but I wouldn't agree it's the worst.

3UYtI6i.png

It is not coming out on the 3rd however, merely the date that preorders will begin.
NMS looks more ambitious, with impossible amounts of content and great visuals. I was expecting +40$ which is fine.
Only "negative" it being 60$ is that I'll be waiting a long time until I get it.

It doesn't really pick up until chapter 5 or so. I mean, it starts to pick up in chapter 3 where you hit the first memorable boss fight that isn't ripped out of SotC, but when you get to the castle part of Castlevania, that's probably the most solid area, if if their taken on Frankenstein's monster didn't really do it for me. It's definitely a slow burn at the beginning and takes awhile for you to get a few abilities and sub weapons and the like before it opens up.

Some of the most fun I had with the game was going back and redoing the chapters to get the 110% once I had most/all of the skills/weapons/abilities/items.

)

I'll keep this in mind and stick with it then

Nzyme32

Do you have Dota yet? If not, but something cheap, then download Dota and you don't need to buy another game ever again.

Owned, but Dota is too much pain and Life, so I'm clean now thanks.

Dog Football. Or a Barbie game.

Ori if you don't have it. Otherwise, Duck Game.

People seem to be enjoying Stardew Valley quite a bit.

Way of The Samurai 4! If Kurt hasn't already gotten to you.

Thanks everyone. Feeling like a real SteamGAFer with this selection. These are all games I do not have but very clearly need. I'll have to ruminate on this for a while.

Stardew Valley is already pretty much in the top of my wishlist but Dog Football / Barbie... mmm

Hektor

I don't know what's worse, people saying the pricepoint is bad BECAUSE IT IS INDIE!!1! or people defending the price with the fact that you can theoretically play it for hundred hours like the length of the game is all that matters.

___

Well for me, i honestly don't know wether i'll pick it up or not. The few things i know about the game look intruiging but don't really make me wanna jump the gun at this price point. But then again, i won't have to pay 60 bucks either since there are always nice preorders on GMG and co.

-MD-

I expected $40 max for NMS, $60 seems kinda crazy from what I've seen of it.

No interest in the game but I'll be interested to see how it sells at that price point.

Owned, but Dota is too much pain and Life, so I'm clean now thanks.

Thanks everyone. Feeling like a real SteamGAFer with this selection. These are all games I do not have but very clearly need. I'll have to ruminate on this for a while.

Stardew Valley is already pretty much in the top of my wishlist but Dog Football / Barbie... mmm

The realest steamgaffers buy Way of the Samurai 4.

I can understand if you end up buying Stardew Valley, looks amazing.

Add WotS 4 to your wishlist if you do that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom