• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

i4p5Tgt.png

god damn fuck this twat

shit port, drop DLC support, laughs about selling half a mil copies still

Knurek

It's the command interface from Linux if im not mistaken.

i'm no expert tho

Now all we need to make WinStore successful is a UWP port of VI. With the 'exit' shortcut changed to something more sane, like Ctrl+Alt+Del+W+e+s+e+r+i+o+u+s+l+y+a+r+e+n+'+t+t+r+y+i+n+g+t+o+k+i+l+l+d+e+s+k+t+o+p+!

Phawx

Native Bash is pretty damn nice. Handling files will be so much easier for me instead of having to use tools to rename stuff which can be clunky and slow.

Also don't have to worry about DOS style slashes which is something I was concerned about.

I don't usually frequent this thread but I'll be away on business for a few days and was wondering if there are any games on Steam I can play in my spare time. Usually enjoy RTS games but am open to anything that I can basically jump into without a big learning curve. Thanks

Even if you dont give a shit, you would think there would be a suit somewhere in WB who wouldn't want you to continue pissing off the half a million people who actually threw money down for your product.

If WB ever decides to release another Boon-developed game on PC and it somehow isn't complete garbage port-wise then the most they'll get out of me is a grey market purchase. fuck that.

Phinor

Get on that Buffy/Angel comic deal on Humble Bundle. The PWYW tier is an absolute steal.

I hate how Dark Horse comics run these bundles. They seem to always split things so that you can't really get full series, just parts of this and that. For example here you get full season 8, but only volume 1 of season 9. For reference, season 10 is finishing soon so there's really no reason why they couldn't have added the old but complete season 9 into this bundle.

But I guess it works. I'm now thinking about buying season 10. Physical copy obviously, physical is the future, digital is history.

Even if you dont give a shit, you would think there would be a suit somewhere in WB who wouldn't want you to continue pissing off the half a million people who actually threw money down for your product.

If WB ever decides to release another Boon-developed game on PC and it somehow isn't complete garbage port-wise then the most they'll get out of me is a grey market purchase. fuck that.

The problem isn't restricted with NetherRealm Studios and their games, it's kind of an issue with Warner Bros and the quality of their PC ports in general of late. NeatherRealms games just happen to be the worst of the current lot but people have no one to blame but themselves after buying three games with ports of middling to terrible quality and awful post-launch support.

You know I was thinking of getting MK XL for the PS4 at some point. Then the teasing and I knew it was going to be dumb but surely this guy wouldn't be teasing a fucking platform that is growing by the numbers. Lo and behold, it was dumb. Never gonna see a penny from me, ya shmucks.

If WB ever decides to release another game on PC and it somehow isn't complete garbage port-wise then still, fuck that.

ftfy

pahamrick

The problem isn't restricted with NetherRealm Studios and their games, it's kind of an issue with Warner Bros and the quality of their PC ports in general of late. NeatherRealms games just happen to be the worst of the current lot but people have no one to blame but themselves after buying three games with ports of middling to terrible quality and awful post-launch support.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't MKX the start of the terrible WB PC port parade? I mean, Shadow of Mordor is great on PC in terms of performance.

Rocket League's PS+ "success" nearly killed it (Steam saved the day)
Rocket League launched in the summer of 2015 and seemed to be everywhere at once. If you owned a PlayStation 4 and enjoyed having a nice time, you were likely one of six million players who downloaded the game within its first month on PlayStation Plus. Or perhaps you purchased a PC copy instead, in which case, you actually kept the whole thing afloat, whether you realised it or not. It turns out running a successful online multiplayer game is an expensive process.

"I didn't know if we were going to cover server costs," remembered design director, Corey Davis at a recent GDC talk. "Steam covered everything and they pay very quickly, which was important. I can't really imagine what we would have done if we'd shipped only on PlayStation 4 and got that many users.

Nzyme32

The problem now is that I can't trust support will be pulled at any point, so the only thing I would consider is a goty version or something which is already complete as a product

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't MKX the start of the terrible WB PC port parade? I mean, Shadow of Mordor is great on PC in terms of performance.

Yes. So was Mad Max. Wanna know the magic ingredient that helped make that happened?

THEY WERE ALL DONE IN-HOUSE. BY PEOPLE WHO WORKED ON PC GAMES BEFORE.

Please someone get Monolith away from WB.

the other NR ports (MK9, Injustice) had some issues but they didn't have the same expectations that MKX did with it being day and date and Boon promised it would be as good as the console versions.

Arkham Knight had issues but that was rare for the Batman games. They never had an outright terrible port unless you used some poorly optimized special PC only features they had in them. That was unexpected, too.

and yeah, WB has released plenty of competent ports. the Lego games, Mordor, Just Cause 3 and Mad Max are some recent examples of good ports.

Messiah

I foresee this thread going very well.

1402090800633.jpg

the other NR ports (MK9, Injustice) had some issues but they didn't have the same expectations that MKX did with it being day and date and Boon promised it would be as good as the console versions.

Arkham Knight had issues but that was rare for the Batman games. They never had an outright terrible port unless you used some poorly optimized special PC only features they had in them. That was unexpected, too.

and yeah, WB has released plenty of competent ports. the Lego games, Mordor, Just Cause 3 and Mad Max are some recent examples of good ports.
I remember at least Arkham City having a fair share of problems on PC. Arkham Oranges as well.
Not even close to the NRS ports though.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I must have missed Sixty Minutes. What are you saying?

Just a bit of fun at imagining the sense of scale and proportion for a person who takes a moral stance on supporting something as ultimately meaningless as a kickstarter but doesn't take a moral stance on supporting an incredibly outspoken and bigoted person.

They have two decent ports in Shadow of Mordor and Mad Max. The PC ports for all of the Batman Arkham games have had issues, with Asylum and City it was largely DRM-related. I couldn't get City to run because of GFWL and SecuROM, neither Steam nor WB's customer support were particularly helpful or timely in resolving my issues. It took the Steam versions with GFWL stripped out to finally be able to play my game nearly a year after my purchase. With Arkham Origins there were bugs that seriously impacted quite a few users that WB had zero interest in fixing but they were more than keen on selling you DLC, unless you owned a Wii U. All of their NetherRealm published games are terrible on PC, it didn't start getting awful with the latest MK, and the support post-launch for all of them has been abysmal.

Warner Bros is a pretty shit publisher that doesn't mind alienating paying customers with sub-standard products and support. They're fairly open about it, yet people keep buying their games day one.

AHA-Lambda

Great my PS4 is out of date now, and is basically useless to me after UC4 hits =/

I barely play it anyway so there's no reason for me to upgrade, saving me some money, but man my PS4 purchase was just a waste =/

Watch Bloodborne 2 be exclusive to PS4K >_>

Great my PS4 is out of date now, and is basically useless to me after UC4 hits =/

I barely play it anyway so there's no reason for me to upgrade, saving me some money, but man my PS4 purchase was just a waste =/

I'm glad I held off on buying one and focused on getting a new PC instead :>

Salsa

im torn on how to play ass creed Syndicate

I can weirdly max everything, including textures, at a steady 30fps. Even when it says 2gb cards should stay on low

textures dont look particularly great tho so maybe its still locking me?

but at the same time if I go with most stuff on low I get 50-60

game doesnt have motion blur so 30 aint great

but shit's so muddy on low

ehhhhhhh

I just bought one like a month ago so I'm sort of in the same boat, but I'm having a hard time believing that thread info is real, seems crazy for a $399 price point, I just don't see Sony going from making money on every PS4 to most likely losing money on every PSFour.

Knurek

So, PS4K with a GPU 2 times as fast will be okay for running 4k games, when PS4 has problems running 1080p30?

Just... How?

xist

I guess I just always assumed that motherboards come with either 2 or 4 slots and forgot that 3 slots was a thing ever

Depressingly I knew I had 6GB of RAM but didn't know how it was arranged...I'd assumed 4 and 2. So having just checked purely because of these posts about 6GB's...

BankLabel Capacity DeviceLocator Tag
2147483648 DIMM1 Physical Memory 0
2147483648 DIMM2 Physical Memory 1
1073741824 DIMM3 Physical Memory 2
1073741824 DIMM4 Physical Memory 3

I feel betrayed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom