• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagamin

Point and click games remind me that I really need to pick it up and work on Broken Sword 1 and 2 soon, I really like those games too so I don't see why I should delay too much.

abracadaver

Have you heard of GIBHARD? Neither did I.

It's an oldschool FPS that should come to greenlight soon. Looks pretty awesome

http://www.gibhard.com/

webshot08.jpg

dex3108

But that's the thing: the dogs wander around the place by default and yet throwing bait instantly triggers a suspicious state among guards. You could dump it 20 meters away from anybody and completely out of sight to no avail.

Usually this isn't a problem, but this "Outpost Master" side-mission has a fairly ridiculous point requirement for gold that is completely impossible to get without air/chain/knife throw takedowns.

You can do it Lar... Jase :D

kagamin

Amazon has an undisclosed purchase limit in place, problem is they never tell you what the limit is and it can potentially get your account closed if you order too much.

I had one of my Hitman orders cancelled for that reason but my account was fine.

http://www.theinternetpatrol.com/ab...-limit-policy-you-didnt-know-you-lived-under/

I dont order multiple copies of games and such, but the fact that they don't tell you the limits is absolutely ridiculous, how do you expect people to stay within limits that aren't defined to them whatsoever? Especially on mundane everyday use products.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
That, in Far Cry 4, you can't throw bait to distract dogs without also attracting some attention from guards is utterly ridiculous. It's a dog. It's going to wander off and do its own thing from time to time.

Vote for jase. Vote for dog realism.
Maybe they're superdogs with ESP.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I had a dream last night that I was the person who won JaseC's account-access modbot giveaway. What a cruel world to wake up into this morning.

accel

Yeah, but I thought it was only for CSGO, TF2, DOTA2 stuff etc.
What a crap. So you need to wait 15 days to sell your staff, good luck on selling some cheap cards than.

Well, I am going to wait a week or so and install mobile authenticator if they don't roll that plan back. I don't like it, but it's better than a 15-day hold.

Arthea

volvo makes less and less sense with every passing day, I'd say it's SuperNonsense even.

In other news Stardew Valley is still a top seller? That's amazing

Ludens

Banned
Well, I am going to wait a week or so and install mobile authenticator if they don't roll that plan back. I don't like it, but it's better than a 15-day hold.

Yeah, but the fact is, I can't do that. I have only a Kindle Fire, and you can only download apps from Amazon Store. Yes, there's a way to force external apps into it, but I don't really want honestly.
Also, why they can't provide a SMS service?
Humble and Origin do that, it works. Without the need of an app on your smartphone/tablet.
Why Valve can't do this, even if they already ask for your phone nmber?

A few spare keys
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Star Wars Empire At War: Gold Pack -- MB-9BA19B882C5C9BB6 - Taken by Echoplx
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords -- MB-93E5C45A310B565B - Taken by fertygo
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-592810849D245BB6 - Taken by Deques
Make Love Not War 3 -- MB-F5FBDA42D64774BD - Taken by Regginator

xist

15 days seems a tad overzealous....even the 72 hour trade delay felt like ages, and so for those people who can't really use the mobile authenticator (I don't even use a mobile phone!) it feels like Steam is discriminating.....surely they'll have to set up an alternative??

Ludens

Banned
15 days seems a tad overzealous....even the 72 hour trade delay felt like ages, and so for those people who can't really use the mobile authenticator (I don't even use a mobile phone!) it feels like Steam is discriminating.....surely they'll have to set up an alternative??

They can (sms auth) but it costs them money. Since it seems they are doing the IMPOSSIBLE in order to spend almost nothing (see the translation mess with token, Dota 2 tournament with paid people involved, the crappy customer support), I doubt they will implement this.
EDIT: It seems the app is on Amazon too
http://www.amazon.it/dp/B007C7UZIG/

fertygo

Lol nope

Thanks god finally I have my own phone

yuraya

MGSV got a new security update and new online development items. So you can now place 2 cameras and 8 mines on your FOB. That just about makes it impossible to infiltrate a maxed up FOB with S+ rank sniper security.

You can pretty much block off the entire bridge with mines lol. Bad news for invaders. It was already funny reading through the timeline log to see players trigger your mines when they invade you. That was with only with 4 mines. Now with 8 its gonna be so hilarious.

xist

Spare Make Love Not War 3 (Renegade Ops + DLC, Viking Battle for Asgard and Gunstar Heroes)
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xist, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Make Love Not War 3 -- MB-409C2F7A80B88C9F - Taken by XShagrath

Whoever gets this please PM me to let me know it works ok...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Glenn ‏@glenn_pitt 1h1 hour ago
@GreenManGaming I purchased the 6 dollar game pack from GMG today and received Dark Souls 2 Scholar Edition. This is why I love GMG!!

I assume this is about the mystery game bundle? if so, are the games in it random? because otherwise wouldnt people just mass buy this bundle for scholar of the first sin no?

Red Hood

Banned
@GreenManGaming I purchased the 6 dollar game pack from GMG today and received Dark Souls 2 Scholar Edition. This is why I love GMG!!

I assume this is about the mystery game bundle? if so, are the games in it random? because otherwise wouldnt people just mass buy this bundle for scholar of the first sin no?

Correct, it's random. He lucked out a lot.

Yeah, it's random. This person is just quite lucky.

Lol. I seen the very same tweet when they did it moments ago. I suspect this is a scam.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Make Love Not War 3 -- MB-235A6F7E5F7CDE9D

cyba89

I purchased the 6 dollar game pack from GMG today and received XCOM 2. This is why I love GMG!!
lol

EDIT:
Here are some humble spares
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic II -- MB-3744EC69A3A90427 - Taken by KainXVIII. 6 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic -- MB-AA6D10D24AB50540 - Taken by tuxfool. 6 entrants total.

t1456927566z1.png

fantomena

Will be getting SW Humble Bundle only for Battlegrounds and Rebellion. Have everything else. Otherwise an incredible good bundle.

Games are random but the good games are:
-South Park Stick of Truth
-COD Black ops 1
-COD Black ops 2
-COD Black ops 3
-Dark Souls 2 SoTFS
But those are probably 1% chance of appearing and you're likely to end up with fodder like
RETURNNULL, ZACKZERO, BATTLEPATHS, BRIDGECONSTRUCTOR, VERTICALDROPHEROESHD
and vowing never to spend $7 on mystery/lucky bags again. At least it isn't £15...

If you want gamble though you missed you chance where indiegala was offering a secret steam game with every purchase which if the banner was correct meant games Uncharted 4 and Gears of War 3 (so secret not even steamdb knows)...it was mostly vanguard princess though

Arthea

I actually got my Sega third reward steam key to my e-mail just now. whoa, that took some sweet time.
Check your e-mails all who haven't got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom