• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Woah yeah! Wasteland 2: Director's Cut!
I actually have none of those games.

Not subscribing for next months bundle though, as I already have This War of Mine and South Park: The Stick of Truth.

cyba89

Humble Monthly is pretty legit for me. Wasteland 2 also gives you the original Wasteland.

Here is a spare:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

I Am Bread -- MB-A651B295E491CAF2 - Taken by Fare Godmace. 21 entrants total.

t1457125636z1.png

sheaaaa

i mean if you want to tell me what's amazing about fez then go for it but don't come at me with the cryptography stuff like that redeems an okay puzzle platformer

Not sure what you mean exactly by "cryptography stuff" but Fez was much much more than just collecting the obvious bits of cube scattered about.

For me, the whole process of figuring out that there was something to figure out, then scrawling all kinds of stuff on actual paper, cracking the game's codes then using all of that to get the anti-cubes was really amazing.

It's been what, four years, but I still vividly remember moments like
trying out the LT RT combination in the achievement description
to get one anticube, and finally, FINALLY realising what the
vibrating pillar/stones
were trying to get me to do.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
South Park: The Stick of Truth -- MB-58D74BC4B65D7B46 Trivia Question: What is my favorite band?

Pachimari

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Frozen Synapse -- MB-28EF15F45842668F - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.

t1457126296z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
And now I'm imagining what Modbot's favorite band is. Thanks, anonymous benefactor!

Doomedfool

Super happy that I finally caved and subscribed to the Humble Monthly. Not a single game that I already had, and several of them I am interested in.

This War of Mine and Stick of Truth are also on my want list, so I guess they have me for the next month, too.

Ventara

Good Humble Monthly, though I already have Wasteland 2, so I'm glad I passed. Though it still might have been worth it for me between GRAV, Ark and Shantae. I just hate the idea of blind buy. Don't think I'll ever subscribe while it's like that. Will be passing on next month anyways since I have This War of Mine.

Backlogger

Well, I would have liked this month's Humble Monthly for $12 for Ark and Wasteland.

Kinda of sad I missed it. But $12 is too much for random games I may or may not play. Oh well.

Edit: I'll just buy leftovers from the BST thread

It's a good Monthly for those that don't own any. The only ones I didn't own were GRAV, ARK, Sentinels of the Universe, and Shantae.

God Eater is terrible and barely a hunting game

Monster Hunter is clearly the best, but Capcom gonna have to pay me to play games on a garbo 3DS. The game is so suited to Steam and 4packs but Capcom uses no logic. Oh well, fuck em.

Yeah, I'm not inclined to agree with any of this, outside of the fact that 3DS hardware is pretty much "garbo".

Personally, I don't think MH is very good at all and while Toukiden was better, there were still other games of a similar genre that had faster action, settings more to my liking, and what I considered more varied combat.

While it may be suited to Steam/4packs, you have to remember that (1) MH is not really that big in the West (where PC gaming has a strong presence) and (2) Japan loves their handhelds and their MH, which is why Capcom continually pushes MH on Nintendo platforms (mostly the 3DS it seems these days).

So yeah, your dream of MH on Steam with 4-packs is probably not going to happen.

Not sure what you mean exactly by "cryptography stuff" but Fez was much much more than just collecting the obvious bits of cube scattered about.

For me, the whole process of figuring out that there was something to figure out, then scrawling all kinds of stuff on actual paper, cracking the game's codes then using all of that to get the anti-cubes was really amazing.

It's been what, four years, but I still vividly remember moments like
trying out the LT RT combination in the achievement description
to get one anticube, and finally, FINALLY realising what the
vibrating pillar/stones
were trying to get me to do.

Cryptography stuff is pretty much exactly what you just described, in a way. You have to decrypt the alphabets and meanings of various stuff in order to solve the puzzles and make sense of everything without a guide.

Someone page Bernardo.
It's not on Humble, but it's something close to what he was joke-posting awhile back.

pahamrick

The only reason I have a 3DS is for Fire Emblem and the SMT games. Vita still best handheld ever.

C'mon Atlus, start putting Persona / SMT stuff on Steam. I'll buy it all again.

impact

Banned
Yeah, I'm not inclined to agree with any of this, outside of the fact that 3DS hardware is pretty much "garbo".

Personally, I don't think MH is very good at all and while Toukiden was better, there were still other games of a similar genre that had faster action, settings more to my liking, and what I considered more varied combat.

While it may be suited to Steam/4packs, you have to remember that (1) MH is not really that big in the West (where PC gaming has a strong presence) and (2) Japan loves their handhelds and their MH, which is why Capcom continually pushes MH on Nintendo platforms (mostly the 3DS it seems these days).

So yeah, your dream of MH on Steam with 4-packs is probably not going to happen.

it's ok, there's enough good games on Steam that I feel I don't have to play it. If Capcom ever gets a clue, I'll be here ready to buy a 4 pack for me and my buddies.

Night steamgaf.
ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut -- MB-18D4882CF60213ED - Taken by Large Professor

Teggy

It's funny, I expect they think by previewing more games in next month's bundle they were get more subscribers, but that precisely while I'm going to cancel - I am guaranteed to have at least 2 of the games.

Ozium

HELLS YEAH
MONTHLY BUNDLE DONE DELIVERED!
ARK
Wasteland 2 (Classics Edition)

GRAV
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
I am Bread
Switchcars
Sentinels of the Multiverse.

Bolded are the ones I am interested in :p

ARK, Wasteland 2, Shantae and Grav were on my wishlist already..

Switchcars just came out today... I also wishlisted it last night.

IS THIS REAL LIFE?

Sentinels looks cool too..

Humble Monthly is amazing.

I only already owned I Am Bread

It's funny, I expect they think by previewing more games in next month's bundle they were get more subscribers, but that precisely while I'm going to cancel - I am guaranteed to have at least 2 of the games.

Yea I know what you mean to an extent, but on the other hand I bought last months for ARK so you cant win em all.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dave is ok, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

t1cxE6r.gif
Wasteland 2 -- http://www.itstoohard.com/puzzle/Uk9AauYm

t1457128096z1.png

I know how much you guys love these

sheaaaa

Cryptography stuff is pretty much exactly what you just described, in a way. You have to decrypt the alphabets and meanings of various stuff in order to solve the puzzles and make sense of everything without a guide.
l.

Oh I know exactly what it entails, I was just wondering what the poster i quoted meant by "cryptography stuff", and what he or she did exactly in the game. For me, that was the game - finding the anti cubes and deciphering the alphabets. I can see why someone who didn't get into that at all would find the game a bit lacklustre, but it really isn't just a platformer.

abracadaver

The Wasteland 2 key from the monthly bundle actually gives 3 games:

Wasteland 1 - The Original Classic
Wasteland 2
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom