• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsyndrome

Just finished Layers of Fear... have no idea what happened. I can guess, but this game's more open-ended than Her Story by far.

I am experiencing serious issues with Tales from the Borderlands. Game stutters from the very beginning (even the cursor in the menus lags), it goes from 200+ fps to 1 (!) fps constantly.
I have tried to disable g-sync and forced v-sync but nothing. I have windows 10. Am i the only one?

Grief.exe

I misread thought we were talking about ni-oh still

I understand.

Ni-Oh hasn't been confirmed yet. It was announced as a 'console exclusive' at the PSX event, which is indicative of games that are coming to PC as well, but there was some contradictory information out there as well.

You're probably right though. Even if the game does come to PC, the port will likely be circumspect due to KT's involvement.

ExoSoul

Banned
Disagree. Really enjoying SFV in comparison to what I played of MKX, even with the bugs and such. It's mainly battle lounges that are problematic for me, and it's a hit/miss deal. Somedays it's great. Somedays it isn't. I managed perfectly fine games with corrosivefrost, InfiniteNine, and Leafhopper. Maybe a bit of lag to start, then it was smooth on my end. But then with some people from AndroidGAF, I've experienced incredible lag despite their also being in NA.

I suffer most with ExoSoul. That EU-NA connection is not pretty most days.

E: If they keep their promise and we get our update next week, I'll be pretty happy with Capcom.

Souls have feelings too D':
Ba-baka!

E: for what's worth their 0-5 bar thing is worthless, got a match against someone with 4 bars and had worse lag than a cross the atlantic connection. And on the lounges sometimes you'll get better games against 1 bar than against 3 bars.

Sch1sm

Souls have feelings too D':
Ba-baka!

E: for what's worth their 0-5 bar thing is worthless, got a match against someone with 4 bars and had worse lag than a cross the atlantic connection. And on the lounges sometimes you'll get better games against 1 bar than against 3 bars.

<3 Silence, Rashido.

Yeah, it's literally useless. Was playing an AndroidGAF person the other day, guy's in Florida. 4-5 bars, endless lag. But I dunno. One day, some day. You'd think, like rai's mentioned before, they'd give us a ping and frames stat instead.

Annubis

Started Sunrider:LD and at the end of the first battle, I got my first achievement.
Let's see what I got...
oh?
ohhhhhhhhh.

MCM3p2r.png

Why wouldn't we give From the benefit of the doubt at this point? Dark Souls II was, by and large, a very good port.

We have already seen 60 FPS footage, so we know they are targeting that framerate.

Just to play Devil's advocate here for a second.

According to a lot of people on the internet, which you seem to equate to truth at times, Dark Souls port was one of the worst to ever grace the platform.

Dark Souls II had "downgrade-gate" over the footage shown vs. what was delivered to all platforms, most notably on PS3/x360. PC still looked very good, but from what I recall, it never matched the original shown footage. And prior to SotFS (DX11), I think the game defaulted to 30fps on PC and had to be modded to 60fps (though not dificult) which lead to issues with weapon durability.

Speaking of Dark Souls II SotFS: on PS4 it seemed to me, at times, to have some framerate issues. They weren't prevalent through my experience, but there were a handful of times when everything was off.

Dark Souls III is probably trying to push the limits of the PS4/X1 to look and be a Dark Souls for the new console generation and is going to be locked at 30fps. Knowing FROM's previous tendency to push consoles and end up with areas like world 5 in Demon's Souls, Blighttown in Dark Souls, etc., who knows how constant that 30fps on consoles is going to be...

Now the Dark Souls PTDE port left a lot of people bitching about the game they begged for, but it did solve a lot of the framerate issues PS3/x360 had while staying locked at 30fps. So while I actually agree with you that there's no reason to hit the panic button regarding the PC port of DS3, I wouldn't be surprised if there's something "wrong" considering the history outlined above.

You're probably right though. Even if the game does come to PC, the port will likely be circumspect due to KT's involvement.

Considering that KT seems to be starting to take an interest in PC as a viable platform and putting more effort into their ports as we get new releases from them, it's quite possible that Ni-Oh, should it come to PC, may actually be a decent port. Arslan was a step in the right direction and there's buzz about internal changes at KT regarding PC ports and we know more are coming as well, so there's no reason to believe it's going to be garbage quit yet. Is there a chance it will be? Sure. Is there a chance it won't be? Sure. Either way, at this point, we don't even know it's coming to PC, so assuming that it's going to be a "circumspect" port is pointless from my POV.

Dark Souls II has been 60 fps on PC since day one.

You're right -- I'm probably partially mixed up on that because of the weapon durability issue that took them forever to resolve (and it was present in SotFS too).
I mean, hell, you have people talking about it being better to lock the framerate to 30fps in order to prevent the issue:
http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/dar...-first-sin-686257/still-avoid-60-fps-1769860/

I probably forgot that it was like that from the start on PC since the bug showed up again in SotFS (and on all platforms) which is why you see a lot about the issue from 2015 when you search.

Arthea

I wanna read a short sweet VN, the problem is all I have installed are long. By short I mean like I'd be done with it today, in an hour or two. Any suggestions?

You're right -- I'm probably partially mixed up on that because of the weapon durability issue that took them forever to resolve (and it was present in SotFS too).
I mean, hell, you have people talking about it being better to lock the framerate to 30fps in order to prevent the issue:
http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/dar...-first-sin-686257/still-avoid-60-fps-1769860/

I probably forgot that it was like that from the start on PC since the bug showed up again in SotFS (and on all platforms) which is why you see a lot about the issue from 2015 when you search.

I still don't understand people complaining about this one. I played Souls 2 from start to finish and never once broke my weapons.

It took so long that I honestly thought it was a feature.

And I particularly liked that feature. In most Souls games, and especially in Bloodborne, I have a tendency to lock into a weapon and rarely change. The quick degradation forced me out of that.

That "Experiencing World of Warcraft as a noob" thread got me going, and since this appears to be the PC General thread, I thought I would ask here instead of creating a new thread for my question.

I'm looking to get into a MMO. I haven't played one for a while, and the ones I did play didn't really hold my interest (WoW, Aion, Vindictus). The only MMO that I really did end up liking was Spiral Knights until I got banned.

Here's what I look for in a MMO:

• Gameplay: Less WoW, more action-based. Couldn't get into WoW at all.
  • Future proofing: I don't want to spend money on a MMO that will close up in two months.
  • A large community: I really suck at making friends, so I tend to be a loner. A larger community gives me bigger chance to make friends/join a guild
  • Ability to play solo: Ties back into my lack of ability to make friends. I want to be able to play solo if I need to, which will be most of the time
  • A good story: I would love to get tied up into a game's lore, that really intrigues me as a gamer
Could be free to play/pay to play, doesn't matter. I have already picked up a trial code for Black Desert that I will give a go, then after I will try FF14. I'm a bit weary about playing FF14 since that game has progressed a lot already, and it feels like I missed a lot of stuff.

Any other suggestions please?

ESO maybe? I've never been big on MMOs, but I've been playing ESO a lot since you can basically play it as a single-player game. Also because I've always liked Elder Scrolls games. FWIW though, the only MMOs I've played at length were DCUO and ESO.

Grief.exe

Where is this coming from? Dark Souls 2 defaulted to and ran at variable framerates up to 60 FPS on PC day one. (Day -3 actually, when I looked at the press build)

It was and is a great PC version.

Very well optimized too. My shitty laptop was getting 50-60fps with medium settings

The turn around From made was a complete polar opposite to their first release.

You would hope KT/Square would take notes, instead of the one step forward, two back we've been getting.

yep. not surprised he left, either - never got proper amount of thanks or respect for what he did. lots of people were straight up dicks to him, even.

Seriously, all because they took offense that news was repeated. SteamGAF needs its ambassador back.

Lashman needs to start naming names and calling these people out, either publicly or through the moderation staff. Treating someone else negatively and sending them harassing messages should be chastised.

Not to mention that he was a very helpful member of the community.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Arslan is actually a awesome game surprised more dont play it

zkylon

zkylewd
it's 1:13 sleepy head

i stayed up late last night cos this friend of mine threw up on my floor and passed out on my bed and had to goof around for a few hours outside my bedroom until the smell went away

and i had to wake up early cos she had to leave -__-

life's rough

Jawmuncher

i stayed up late last night cos this friend of mine threw up on my floor and passed out on my bed and had to goof around for a few hours outside my bedroom until the smell went away

and i had to wake up early cos she had to leave -__-

life's tough

Should have used sawdust and pinesol

Tizoc

The turn around From made was a complete polar opposite to their first release.

You would hope KT/Square would take notes, instead of the one step forward, two back we've been getting.

Lashman needs to start naming names and calling these people out, either publicly or through the moderation staff. Treating someone else negatively and sending them harassing messages should be chastised.

Not to mention that he was a very helpful member of the community.

Yup, I always look foward to his posts so I could wishlist games for one thing.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
you're probably the first person who understand rhaknar here

Hes awesome. I took it upon myself over last 2 christmases to gift as many marvel heroes gaffers as possible. Ive spenr a fair amount on that game to put it lightly haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom