• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

hesho

Man I just wish K-T would wisen up and contract a credible porting studio to do their PC efforts if they going to half-ass it. Sure it'll be less money compared to doing it in-house but the amount of goodwill knowing their efforts on PC are solid could pay off in the long run.

while that is true, the big games with a huge fanbase would end up fixing said broken games and then they still reap the sales rewards from their lack of effort. This is showing where ppl have bought said games after user mods fixed the game.

Ryne

What's a good mouse? I'm gonna have to get a new one because my G500 has been exhibiting ghost clicking behaviour (I'm taking the ghost clicking name from this article I just read, though I don't feel like taking apart my mouse to fix it myself) for a while now

though my mouse does it with the right button too.

It makes playing games where you have to hold the button or click repeatedly a pain to play because many clicks don't register nor the hold does (for long enough).

Is logitech still a good choice? And if so, which model would be a good choice for gaming? Otherwise what would be a good alternative.
I'm a big fan of the Mionix Naos 7000. A nice big mouse that you can use palmed if that's the way you grip your mouse.

fertygo

Loving my Logitech G600

Have problem with dps suddenly down to 200 and made it impossible to use but successfully fix it with software update

Kriken

The higher the ping the better right? 390 seems like a good number for online gameplay.

132.gif

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Well at least Paradox bought the White Wolf IPs so if this sucks we might still have an obsidian developed sequel to Vampires: Masquerade bloodlines on the horizon.

gelf

I don't get this argument about the durability bug. I only had my weapon breaking on me twice in my first DS2 playthrough, and the second time was when fighting
Vendrick without Giant Souls.
Took me half an hour and several repair powders but i got that fucker .

If you think the durablity bug really was an issue, then what exaclty did you do to your weapons? They're supposed to be used against enemys, not against walls.

I believe the bug only really became an obvious issue if you favoured certain types of weapon, I think whips were one of them. I never use those weapons myself so it never looked like a bug to me. It just seemed that sometimes I needed to have two decent swords to make it through an area, which was no big deal.

Wonder if dontnod can pull it off. They seem to have the ideas, but crash when it comes to budget.

You're basing that off of one title?

Publishers can be partners, publishers can be adversarial, sometimes it's just pure numbers (we don't think this will sell 5-10 million copies).

Jawmuncher

You're basing that off of one title?

Publishers can be partners, publishers can be adversarial, sometimes it's just pure numbers (we don't think this will sell 5-10 million copies).

Two titles

Remember Me & Life is Strange. They have ambitious ideas but so far haven't seen to be able to fully fulfill them yet.

Kagemusha

Spellbind keys were sent to your email by LazyGuys from an old bundle.
I still can't believe Steam allows games to have the same title.

NotSelf

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NotSelf, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ethan Meteor Hunter -- MB-C64CD8DD0164B7A1 - Taken by Costa1774. 1 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Ethan Meteor Hunter was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1457231361z1.png

Backlogger

Torn about "upgrading" from a 27" 1440p monitor to a 24" 1080p monitor with FreeSync. I'm fine going down to 1080p since some times I have trouble pushing 1440p. What I'm more torn about is going 27 to 24". I know I'll get much better performance with the new monitor but worried the smaller screen will bug me.

What say you SteamGAF? Talk me into a decision

septicore

Torn about "upgrading" from a 27" 1440p monitor to a 24" 1080p monitor with FreeSync. I'm fine going down to 1080p since some times I have trouble pushing 1440p. What I'm more torn about is going 27 to 24". I know I'll get much better performance with the new monitor but worried the smaller screen will bug me.

What say you SteamGAF? Talk me into a decision

That's not an upgrade, that's a downgrade. Upgrade to a new GPU when Pascal/Polaris comes out.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm really late but wow

guardians of the galaxy is terrible lol

been a while since i had to stop watching something because of how utterly bored i was but this absolute disaster of a script, unlikable characters and just ugly visual design were just unbearable

Backlogger

i'm really late but wow

guardians of the galaxy is terrible lol

been a while since i had to stop watching something because of how utterly bored i was but this absolute disaster of a script, unlikable characters and just ugly visual design were just unbearable

I loved it though I went in expecting tripe so maybe my low expectations made me like it more than I would have otherwise

So... uh...

The Last Remnant: Am I supposed to understand WTF is flying around on the screen beyond "Make sure your main troops/Rush's troop's HP doesn't get to 0" and "TERMINATED"?

Some thoughts.

I played it cold and didn't have a problem with it. They are some in game tutorials. The UI elements will make more sense with time.

Deadlock means two units are fighting. If you attack a deadlocked unit they are flanked and take more damage. If 4 units attack a unit they get some backstab bonus that I forget what it is called.

Basically there is a battlefield for troop movements that you need to have in your head.

When it clicks you can start to manipulate the commands that you want to show up more often. So I can keep a ranged healer out of deadlock and their ranged magic options will show up more often in the command queue.

Almost all unique abilities need to be activated on the leader unit so make them your leaders. Skills upgrade and unlock with use so you can lock out certain skills to make the characters use other ones that you want to develop.

On PC never use the generic units. David is king of the Weeaboos.

Sch1sm

When does this come out again? I'm gonna wait for 30 or less I think. Bloodborne wasn't worth full price to me.

I love how washed up, 8 hour RE campaigns are more worth it to you than a 30+ hour, well done experience.

Huh, think this is what Lain shared in the Discord earlier. I didn't think it was new, though, since the other day they just gave us screenshots and some info about gameplay. Nice.

sheaaaa

It's easy to say the Dark Souls 2 durability big wasn't an issue if it didn't affect you, but clearly it affected plenty of people including myself and was annoying as fuck. The port ran well but this was a real mistake that shouldn't be just brushed away.

been a while since i had to stop watching something because of how utterly bored i was but this absolute disaster of a script, unlikable characters and just ugly visual design* were just unbearable

*plays League of Legends and Asscreed and Life is Strange

you're just jelly of Star Lord's swag

and Rocket leads the real Avengers team of Howard, Tippy Toe, Doop and Lockheed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom