• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpekata

Banned
There's plenty of reasons to play "conservatively" in Bloodborne. If you try taking back the health you lost on a lot of them they're going to smack you if you time it poorly. I'd say the dodge speeds are more evidence of the speed than the regain health mechanic. Not to mention that parries are incredibly powerful and much easier to pull off, making me play fairly defensively on certain encounters.

It's certainly faster than Souls but not the night and day difference some make it out to be.

kagamin

No one understands me:
tDnExCJ.png

Also don't listen to me I've never played Bloodborne I'm just BSing you guys.

Anteater

A Story About My Uncle looks like a really cool game. First person adventure/puzzle game with the main hook being a grappling... hook. Apparently has a decent story too?
whatever. $1.94 (85% off)
I'm picking it up.

Asamu1.jpg

story isn't that great/non existent (kid looking for the uncle or whatever) but it's worth playing for the platforming, it's short and I enjoyed it, it looks really pretty too

Dr Dogg

I play Souls as a casual game, I casually do Dark Souls II playthroughs all the time in fact!

I read the first part and thought 'well if you play a Souls game as a casual no wonder it took you 700+ hours' but then the second part clicked to an u derstandi g where you casually play Souls instead of play Souls like a 'Casual'.

Anyway in more important news I've suddenly found out why there has been a mysterious disappearance of Ginger Nuts from shops around here. From Supermarkets to Corner Shops, no one has any at all. Turns out due to recent floorings in Northern England we are now going through the great biscuit drought of 2016. While something needs to be done about this terrible situation, I become quite partial to Hobnobs in the meantime.

kagamin

I read the first part and thought 'well if you play a Souls game as a casual no wonder it took you 700+ hours' but then the second part clicked to an u derstandi g where you casually play Souls instead of play Souls like a 'Casual'.

Hehehe, just like how a certain streamer I know does "casual" SL1 NG+7 Dark Souls 1 playthroughs often.

Uzzy

Anyway in more important news I've suddenly found out why there has been a mysterious disappearance of Ginger Nuts from shops around here. From Supermarkets to Corner Shops, no one has any at all. Turns out due to recent floorings in Northern England we are now going through the great biscuit drought of 2016. While something needs to be done about this terrible situation, I become quite partial to Hobnobs in the meantime.

Grim times for Britain.

How were you not already partial to hobnobs? They're fantastic! Especially the chocolate covered ones.

Smash88

Banned
The wait for The Division is killing me, less than 48 hours left. Please jebus let this game not suck.

In other news, Rocket League is probably one of the most addicting and fun games I've played in recent memory. I was late to the party, but damn has it been a blast.

All thanks to r3n4ud for the gift am I now addicted.

Miff

in more important news I've suddenly found out why there has been a mysterious disappearance of Ginger Nuts from shops around here. From Supermarkets to Corner Shops, no one has any at all.

Never fear, amazon can deliver them. Not sure how you will fare with garibaldis or fig rolls, though.

Momodora III biscuit party for me tonight. Looking forward to it.

kagamin

Never fear, amazon can deliver them. Not sure how you will fare with garibaldis or fig rolls, though.

Momodora III biscuit party for me tonight. Looking forward to it.

Oh yea, you won the raffle in the RUtM OT didn't you? You'll have to post there and give us your impressions once you've got a feel for it. :p

man max payne 3 stinks, it has pretty good physics, animations and gun feedbacks that's pretty much it, I do like that last air port level doe, but like the majority of the game it's so slow and clunky and you go through a dozen of shooting gallery and corridors with terrible level design where you control this drunken fat dude that just moves around slowly with the ability to make the game slower through bullet time

did i say max is so god damn slow

he wouldn't shut up about how he's drunk too

that one npc that tagged along at some point also wouldn't shut up and telling you to hurry up repeatedly when you actually get to move around to explore like
I remember that playing Max Payne 3 after being used to Resident Evil 6 was a bit painful for me. Everything felt so slow.

Miff

Oh yea, you won the raffle in the RUtM OT didn't you? You'll have to post there and give us your impressions once you've got a feel for it. :p

Definitely, I'm really grateful. Had my eye on it for a while but always been a bit hesitant over how much fun it would be with the lo-fi graphics. Looking forward to taking it for a spin.

Ludens

Banned
I think FFIX will release on March 30th.
There's that SE event related to FFXV, probably they will announce the release date and the PC version too, with "oh, and FFIX is available now on Steam" like they did for FFVII on Ps4.

Also, did Gone Home get that patch with Unity 5 and achievements?
I'm reading the community hub and it seems the game is still unpatched. I also hope devs will add italian subtitles too, since they are available on PS4.

zkylon

zkylewd
watched the revenant, pretty alright movie

i think it's well received but i'm not so sure, it's definitely solid but outside of the setting and beautiful bleak af shots it's just a pretty standard revenge epic that didn't really provide me with anything i haven't felt before

still, needed to watch something decent after the total bust that was guardians of the galaxy, really worth it going to the cinema for too since it's such a striking movie

also i love tom hardy

he's awesome

edit: was reading on it and i'm not surprised some scenes were shot here in argieland. i totally felt reminded of some places here when watching it

man max payne 3 stinks, it has pretty good physics, animations and gun feedbacks that's pretty much it, I do like that last air port level doe, but like the majority of the game it's so slow and clunky and you go through a dozen of shooting gallery and corridors with terrible level design where you control this drunken fat dude that just moves around slowly with the ability to make the game slower through bullet time

did i say max is so god damn slow

he wouldn't shut up about how he's drunk too

that one npc that tagged along at some point also wouldn't shut up and telling you to hurry up repeatedly when you actually get to move around to explore like

9a5nxsenkt.gif
lol yeah

i specially didn't like the level design

more open areas worked pretty ok but that game had so many corridors and scripted turret sequences and crap... sigh...

man what i'd give for an actual max payne by remedy

A Story About My Uncle looks like a really cool game. First person adventure/puzzle game with the main hook being a grappling... hook. Apparently has a decent story too?
whatever. $1.94 (85% off)
I'm picking it up.

Asamu1.jpg
that's next to nothing so worth a shot, but i didn't personally care for it. the main flinging mechanic is enjoyable since they get around the first person platforming issue by making it really forgiving and free-form, but it never quite does anything interesting with that mechanic and by the time you're beginning to get interested in it it ends

and i don't think it has a decent story, no :/

I have my fill of souls games after one playthrough. So I know why people are annoyed when I talk about the series.

I'm a casual souls fan.
i think at this point i'm more interested in the opinion of a casual player than a die hard fan

i dunno how you play 800 hours of dks2 tho, i liked it a lot and have almost 200 myself but i can't imagine playing it for that long. i have watched like a billion hours of dks1 playthroughs on youtube tho. i've watched like 6 full playthroughs of it

i really enjoy seeing what other ppl think of it and feel while playing it

xist

i think it's well received but i'm not so sure, it's definitely solid but outside of the setting and beautiful bleak af shots it's just a pretty standard revenge epic that didn't really provide me with anything i haven't felt before

I think I actually enjoyed it more than The Force Awakens. For a 2h36min movie I may have only looked at my watch twice...that's a glowing endorsement in my book! (I'd have liked a different ending, although realistically I'm not sure what else would have been better).

yuraya

still, needed to watch something decent after the total bust that was guardians of the galaxy, really worth it going to the cinema for too since it's such a striking movie

also i love tom hardy

he's awesome

All of the Marvel movies are bad except Winter Soldier and maybe the first Avengers. You shouldn't really expect anything more than a bunch of mindless action and bad jokes.

The only British treat you need:

6M3gEX6.jpg

strafer

yeah I'm playing it for the first time, i have ds2 but not 3

was it 2 or 3 that has coop?

3 has COOP.

If you have the chance you should play 3 just to finish it out. Although it's probably the most hated game on GAF I love it.

The whole trilogy is fantastic to be honest.

Give me Dead Space 4.

xist

yeah I'm playing it for the first time, i have ds2 but not 3

was it 2 or 3 that has coop?

2 has MP, 3 has co-op. I've just recently played through the series and 1>2>3 for me. 3 was ok, but missable. I don't regret finishing it but there's no way I'm paying for the DLC final chapter.

fantomena

I wish Namco could just release DS3 earlier or let me pre-load the game already. The Japan version is releasing 24th march and has English language, so the English version is done.

Anteater

2 has MP, 3 has co-op. I've just recently played through the series and 1>2>3 for me. 3 was ok, but missable. I don't regret finishing it but there's no way I'm paying for the DLC final chapter.

3 has COOP.

If you have the chance you should play 3 just to finish it out. Although it's probably the most hated game on GAF I love it.

The whole trilogy is fantastic to be honest.

Give me Dead Space 4.

yeah I'll play 3 if I can get it for cheap, thought I have it from a bundle but guess not :v

I still have Dead Space 3 chilling on my PC. I plan to play it at some point. I'll probably like it.

people on gaf hate video games with coop

i wonder if most people here are born during the psx era with the single player/narrative driven games like metal gear solid/resident evil/ff7/etc

Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant Man and Winter Soldier are the best movies (new) Marvel has put out. Love all of them. Can't wait for next Civil War and next GotG.
Undertale is RPG Codex RPG of the year

Undertale, Underrail, what's the difference?
I know of Underrail mainly from Bernardo. It's got a very pleasing old-school look to it.

There's only one place Alan Wake belongs.
BXw77mw.gif

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Source please. Looks fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom