• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_inline_neqh5zdaEn1skc90r.gif

Annubis

So I just finished

header.jpg

Overall, the game is good. The missions are damn unforgiving. Like I had to restart the second mission twice before getting it.

It's basically mostly the same as the prequel and I definitively enjoyed it... until the end.

The end just starts rushing and the plot goes all kind of awful (in every sense of the term).
I understand why the reviews are so negative on the store page and the salt is well deserved.
Although it turns out the current ending is not the real ending. See, they forgot to tell everyone this: http://steamcommunity.com/games/358750/announcements/detail/955132547461863264

I guess I'll wait and see what 2.00 brings but I really can't recommend 1.00 as it is.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is Below a XB1 exclusive? If not, is it a MS Store exclusive? Whats going on there? Its a Capy game right?

zkylon

zkylewd
on paper sounds pretty cool

we'll see

*plays League of Legends and Asscreed and Life is Strange

you're just jelly of Star Lord's swag

and Rocket leads the real Avengers team of Howard, Tippy Toe, Doop and Lockheed
those wouldn't be the three games i'd use to describe myself but i don't see how me playing league matters -__-

i didn't think the avengers was mindblowing but at least it had an entertaining script and a real villain (at least the first one did) and likeable characters and stuff

like i'm no big fan of those movies but i can appreciate when one's fun and one's garbage and this one was garbage. i can imagine the comicbook being awesome but it felt like a husk of a movie

Ozium

Wow, this looks amazing. Don't know how well the developers could handle the story though.

*air horn*

Have you ever played Aquanaut's Holiday that game seems very similar to it... I love AH and this looks to be the closest I've seen of all the underwater games on steam

Teggy

Played through the first boss of Momodora. Seems pretty neat so far, hopefully it stays that way (meaning: doesn't get stupid hard) Wish the controls were a little tighter, not sure if that's because I'm using a controller.

Edit: also, I'm thinking I've spent too much time away from Witcher 3 and will start it over in the near future and I'll make some different choices so it feels fresh. I'm looking for a spoiler free guide to get the best ending, but there doesn't really seem to be one that's easy to find. Do you have to do all the quest lines that result in you sending people to Caer Moren like
Keira
or do those not really matter?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just saw Zelliard alive and kicking in the UFC thread, I guess he just hates steamgaf now, only explanation.

I blame hero prinny

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I know it's mostly a corridor but man dead space runs so well, I'm playing it in 4k on a 760 gtx...

It's probably easy to forget that the two are separated by almost half a decade, which is equivalent to about five decades in the world of technology. The GTX 280 was the best Nvidia had to offer back in late 2008 and even the GTX 760 handily outshines it.

Rhaknar

It's probably easy to forget that the two are separated by almost half a decade, which is about five decades in the world of technology. The GTX 280 was the best Nvidia had to offer back in late 2008 and even the GTX 760 handily outshines it.

Still looks pretty tho!

Or horrifying I guess

Anteater

It's probably easy to forget that the two are separated by almost half a decade, which is equivalent to about five decades in the world of technology. The GTX 280 was the best Nvidia had to offer back in late 2008 and even the GTX 760 handily outshines it.

if only all 2008 games ran as well as it does!

Rhaknar

Here's a question. Are there any Far Cry 2 mods that make it so I dont want to curl into fetal position and cry after playing it?

That game was way too unforgiving

zkylon

zkylewd
Here's a question. Are there any Far Cry 2 mods that make it so I dont want to curl into fetal position and cry after playing it?

this sounds like what you're looking for? http://www.moddb.com/mods/far-cry-2-rewards

personally i didn't find the game too unforgiving but it could be frustrating thanks to checkpoints and constant shooting that was just repetitive and generally lacking much tension. i just founds this one mod that seems like it makes the game a bit more difficult but also reduces the chasing chance from checkpoints and some other fun stuff

i kind of wish someone did just a "less checkpoints" mod but i'll settle for this

i also wish wildlife would play a bigger role in the game, but you can't have all

man, how awesome would've been if farcry 2 was actually good :/

I like the game despite the respawning. Unfortunately I encountered a game breaking bug in the PS3 version and I said fuck this.

Will try again at PC version at some point.

Anteater

we should all take a moment to appreciate alan wake

steamgaf's favorite game

gedosato not working anymore with alan is a small inconvenient :(

zkylon

zkylewd
i love alan wake, it's not without its big issues but it's so unabashedly remedy that it's really hard for me not to love it

max payne 1 is one of my favorite games ever and when i played alan wake i realized it's not the shooting i liked so much about mp1, it's just the crazy personality and charisma and quirkiness and fun of its story and characters

which is why max payne 3 being a game completely devoid of any personality or charisma or anything resembling any sort of likeable piece of narrative falls so flat for me despite having the awesome combat physics and graphics and whatever. also, terrible unskippable cutscenes. god.

so yeah, alan wake's great, you know it in your heart, don't let they convince you otherwise

Jawmuncher

I love how washed up, 8 hour RE campaigns are more worth it to you than a 30+ hour, well done experience.

Huh, think this is what Lain shared in the Discord earlier. I didn't think it was new, though, since the other day they just gave us screenshots and some info about gameplay. Nice.

RE6 is like a 25 hour game though.

Anteater

i love alan wake, it's not without its big issues but it's so unabashedly remedy that it's really hard for me not to love it

max payne 1 is one of my favorite games ever and when i played alan wake i realized it's not the shooting i liked so much about mp1, it's just the crazy personality and charisma and quirkiness and fun of its story and characters

which is why max payne 3 being a game completely devoid of any personality or charisma or anything resembling any sort of likeable piece of narrative falls so flat for me despite having the awesome combat physics and graphics and whatever. also, terrible unskippable cutscenes. god.

so yeah, alan wake's great, you know it in your heart, don't let they convince you otherwise

man max payne 3 stinks, it has pretty good physics, animations and gun feedbacks that's pretty much it, I do like that last air port level doe, but like the majority of the game it's so slow and clunky and you go through a dozen of shooting gallery and corridors with terrible level design where you control this drunken fat dude that just moves around slowly with the ability to make the game slower through bullet time

did i say max is so god damn slow

he wouldn't shut up about how he's drunk too

that one npc that tagged along at some point also wouldn't shut up and telling you to hurry up repeatedly when you actually get to move around to explore like

9a5nxsenkt.gif

Zootopia was good. I went late at night so I didn't encounter any furries.

Still waiting on that Souls coupon from GMG, I know they got it waiting.

kagamin

we should all take a moment to appreciate alan wake

steamgaf's favorite game

There's only one place Alan Wake belongs.
BXw77mw.gif

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Jawmuncher

Still I think I've had my fill with why I haven't been feeling souls as of late. I loved Demons and Dark 1, but really wasn't very impressed with 2 and BB. Neither are bad games and I see why people love them, but I guess I just expected more from them. It's been too much of the same formula which is just feeling tired to me. When I can play even the "spinoff" game in my old style aside from having a shield I dunno it kind of kills the spark for me. Maybe I could put self imposed limitations, but I feel at that point why bother?

kagamin

Still I think I've had my fill with why I haven't been feeling souls as of late. I loved Demons and Dark 1, but really wasn't very impressed with 2 and BB. Neither are bad games and I see why people love them, but I guess I just expected more from them. It's been too much of the same formula which is just feeling tired to me. When I can play even the "spinoff" game in my old style aside from having a shield I dunno it kind of kills the spark for me. Maybe I could put self imposed limitations, but I feel at that point why bother?

So you aren't play Bloodborne extremely aggressively? That's the preferred playstyle for the game considering you're rewarded for dealing damage after getting hit. There isn't any reason to play conservatively like in Dark Souls. (Dark Souls II is primarily a PVP focused game as well, so I can see why you, corrosivefrost, and uraizen don't really like it).

Jawmuncher

So you aren't play Bloodborne extremely aggressively? That's the preferred playstyle for the game considering you're rewarded for dealing damage after getting hit. There isn't any reason to play conservatively like in Dark Souls. (Dark Souls II is primarily a PVP focused game as well, so I can see why you, corrosivefrost, and uraizen don't really like it).

I beat Bloodborne in like 25 hours with all the bosses killed so I think that's aggressive enough. Even with changes it just doesn't feel as different as I would like. It didn't bring back the spark I had with the earlier games, where I would think about what to do next While not playing. I just kinda coasted on through. I don't do PvP but I don't mind being invaded or helped though. I know I'm in the minority but I guess I just want more at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom