• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messiah

Think of it as a Metroidvania and a Souls game. The item usage refills when you use a save spot and the animation is kinda like using a stone in DS2. The combat you have a leaf for melee and bow for range and the movement is pretty fluid switching between styles. There is also dodge rolls which have some invincibility frames. The exploration is nice, the boss fights get harder as you move forward and the music is great and atmosphere is pretty dark.
That sounds neat. I had only seen some gifs of the game on twitter before. And with the games being relatively short from what I've heard I might check them out sooner rather than later.

Kifimbo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Z -- MB-A34D7C713A2FB44A - Taken by voodooray
Gold Rush! Classic -- MB-430B714A69BC0BAE - Taken by user237
Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood -- MB-3FE33F3052C3D94D - Taken by TheMadMan007

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
That sounds neat. I had only seen some gifs of the game on twitter before. And with the games being relatively short from what I've heard I might check them out sooner rather than later.

Most people seem to be reporting around 4 hours in normal difficulty for RUtM. Obviously more time will be spent if you play on hard. There are multiple endings too.

Momodora 3 is like 45 minutes and I forgot how much about the others. You can get the first 2 for free from Bombservice

Momentary

Banned
Been playing Momodora on the STEAM controller and it is awesome. I even typed this message on my couch without a keyboard. So good.

Is stardew huge? I see all my friends playing it but I haven't heard about it on social media at all.

It's basically Friends of M-Indie-ral Town with a hint of Rune Factory. Farming, fishing, crafting, dungeons, and you can romance the purple-haired girl...or I guess any of the other 9 for some reason. And yes...it's fun, and it's worth the price.

Can you die in star dew from being too apathetic?

There's no death per se, but if you're apathetic about defending yourself in a dungeon, you can fall unconscious, and be revived having lost some of your money and items (kinda like GTA in that respect.) And you could also eat poisonous substances if you're apathetic about what you put into your body.

Nvidia's GameWorks causing issues for AMD users in Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
tl;dr ambient occlusion is actually nvidias hbao+ despite being unlabeled in game (AMD users either play with a broken game or get no ambient occlusion), and physx is forced on at all times with no way to turn it off or know what it does for performance thanks to microsoft's total control over windows store apps

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-gameworks-visual-corruption-gears-war-ultimate-edition/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Physx shouldn't even be allowed until Nvidia eliminates that stupid stutter

It's not hardware-accelerated PhysX but rather the "standard" PhysX that is used in many games, even in the console versions. PhysX, by default, is as vendor-agnostic as Havok.

Wow, that's super generous of you. Didn't you give out like 10 keys of PoE when it released too?

Yeah, I had extra steam keys from the Goose and Fox Inn initiative. I decided to check today and I had also bought 3 additional steam keys to the DLC. Since I have yet to finish the main story, I think the DLC will bode well for those actually looking forward to it.

They changed it. They no longer require instagram but twitch. Initially the rule was the subscribe to the person :lol: (subscriptions cost money on twitch, following is the free one)

But seriously think twice about participating in this one. Original Network a few might remember as those guys who try to threaten developers with negative Steam reviews unless the developer hands Steam keys to them (free of charge of course). By following or subscribing to them you make them appear bigger and thus potentially wrap more unaware developers into them.

Samson is proving to be the weirdest character for me in Afterbirth. I haven't quite figured out the push needed for boss rush and anything past chapter 4 is tough when health recovery is close to impossible on hard.

Teeth

That has already been proven as false

HBAO+ is no problem on AMD cards and the game does not use any PhysX stuff

I really wish that nVidia would have come up with a different name for their framerate destroying particle efffects stuff to separate it from their super useful core PhysX stuff.

JustinBB7

Is there a way to only buy the classic tomb raider games in a bundle on steam? I guess not, but I already have the reboot, and just want a classic pack. Don't think I even get a gift copy of it either (all my friends have it anyway I think).

I haven't done the math yet so I dunno how much cheaper it would be actually..

zkylon

zkylewd
I think I actually enjoyed it more than The Force Awakens. For a 2h36min movie I may have only looked at my watch twice...that's a glowing endorsement in my book! (I'd have liked a different ending, although realistically I'm not sure what else would have been better).
uhh that's a weird comparison

i liked both

All of the Marvel movies are bad except Winter Soldier and maybe the first Avengers. You shouldn't really expect anything more than a bunch of mindless action and bad jokes.
i personally liked the raimi spiderman movies quite a bit

haven't watched most of the rest

I didn't bother with it, I'm too crap at the tetris and starburst puzzles and the added time pressure just makes it even worse.
i've gotten pretty decent at the tetrispuzzles , tho i'm stumped on a star+tetris door that i have no idea how it works heh. gotta think it some more

i left it alone but I killed it just now because i have to go through there

this games is dope
i really liked the look of dead space 1. ppl said it was too brown or whatever but personally i thought that gave it a really strong atmosphere

thanks for this, will watch after league tournament's over

Vazduh

Is there a way to only buy the classic tomb raider games in a bundle on steam? I guess not, but I already have the reboot, and just want a classic pack. Don't think I even get a gift copy of it either (all my friends have it anyway I think).

I haven't done the math yet so I dunno how much cheaper it would be actually..

Chech bst thread here first, trilogy was recently in a humble bundle so probably some people are selling it for a buck or two.

fantomena

I really should get around buying Stardew and Devil Daggers, but I stil have games I need it be done with and april will be Dark Souls 3 and GoT only month.

Arthea

Stardew Valley is great, I can't fathom how one guy could make such an awesome and diverse game with so much content. It's very addictive but also very stressful, I'd say more than Harvest Moon even, then again I didn't installed any mods that alter gameplay and there are some already that makes it less of an issue.
Anyways, it seems skewed somewhat towards farming, at least that's how it feels to me, but even if you aren't into farming like me, there are lot of things to do, you only make money much slower.
I very recommend it.
It could end being my 2016 GOTY, it's that good.

Die besten Far-Cry-Spiele - Das Ranking der GameStar-Redaktion Germans ranking Far Cry games:

Far Cry 3
- one of the first games to perfect ubi-open-world formula, Vaas
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
- great setting/atmosphere but not much variety
Far Cry
- at the time incredible visuals
Far Cry 4
- fun but no innovation
Far Cry Primal
- unique setting but too much ubi-open-world formula
Far Cry 2
- unique setting and serious tone but story not well done, lots of downtime in the vast world

To me Far Cry 1,2,3 are a tie at first spot since they all feel radically different to each other.
I loved the immersion and harsh world in FC2. Needing to find diamonds, the in-game map, weapon jamming and lush forests. Respawning enemies sucked though.
FC3 felt a lot more upbeat and colorful. It was a fun playground. The characters - apart very few - were totally boring and there were so many non-innovative things to do (towers, briefcases).
FC was a great single-player game, most comparable to Crysis. It was fun in its own way. Until the mutants showed up, those damn bullet sponges.
Blood Dragon has its charm but I agree that there is not much variety to carry the game anymore than the short campaign.
Haven't played FC4 or FC Primal.

Red Hood

Banned
A quickie. Maybe not the best game out there, but it has trading cards for those interested.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Red Hood:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lucius (Steam) -- MB-3740F5527D29A802 - Taken by Regginator. 1 entrants total.

t1457293944z1.png

I can totally see Stardew Valley on GotY lists.

It's not just that it's a Harvest Moonalike on PC, but it takes the formula and puts its own, unique, charming twists on things. Everything in the game feels carefully pondered and considered, where nothing is a waste (not even trash!). On top of this it's a huuuge, complete game, wanting for almost nothing, filled with the sort of secrets you would never expect. And most amazingly of all, Stardew Valley was developed by one man, ConcernedApe.

Also, amazing giveaway shagg.

Arthea

I can totally see Stardew Valley on GotY lists.

It's not just that it's a Harvest Moonalike on PC, but it takes the formula and puts its own, unique, charming twists on things. Everything in the game feels carefully pondered and considered, where nothing is a waste (not even trash!). On top of this it's a huuuge, complete game, wanting for almost nothing, filled with the sort of secrets you would never expect. And most amazingly of all, Stardew Valley was developed by one man, ConcernedApe.
Exactly, I was tempted to make almost too good joke, but that one is tad overused already.

Seriously, all because they took offense that news was repeated. SteamGAF needs its ambassador back.

The turn around From made was a complete polar opposite to their first release.

You would hope KT/Square would take notes, instead of the one step forward, two back we've been getting.

Lashman needs to start naming names and calling these people out, either publicly or through the moderation staff. Treating someone else negatively and sending them harassing messages should be chastised.

Not to mention that he was a very helpful member of the community.

It's also the reason he stopped participating in discussions before. A group of posters here were giving him shit for the way he typed... Unnecessary and for anyone who's sensitive to that kind of stuff it fucking SUCKS.

tmarg

And most amazingly of all, Stardew Valley was developed by one man, ConcernedApe.

The game looks good, but every time I see someone try to use this as a selling point it's a massive turn off for me. Both because it shouldn't really matter, and because a lot of games that I think are fairly mediocre have been overhyped using that logic.

Knurek

Exactly, I was tempted to make almost too good joke, but that one is tad overused already.

The one thing I don't like about Danganronpa it that it's almost too good.

Why is shit like Stardew Valley selling so much, while proper visual novels don't is beyond me. :(

Arthea

The game looks good, but every time I see someone try to use this as a selling point it's a massive turn off for me. Both because it shouldn't really matter, and because a lot of games that I think are fairly mediocre have been overhyped using that logic.

I don't remember any examples of this type of mediocre games that were overhyped except for Undertale.

It doesn't matter in fact, it just blows your mind that a game like this could be made by one man, that doesn't mean that you'll like it if you aren't into Harvest Moon/Rune Factory type of games or plain hate them. It's just a really good game, development facts aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom